Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Not so Healthy Alignment 6 years 7 months ago #129603

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Larry Bird wrote: I heard from a friend in a high place the non aligned clubs don't want the alignments to end anytime soon. They actually want them extended, are scared to lose any money in a redistribution. What a diabolical position our beloved WAFL is in.

The two "august" bodies that are DIRECTLY responsible for the plight of the WAFL are the WAFC and the VPL(Victorian Parasite league) known as the AFL. The former because of their gutless subservience to the West Coast Eagles and the AFL and the latter because of their rapacious desire to destroy all other competitions that do now kowtow to them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Not so Healthy Alignment 6 years 7 months ago #129605

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2872

Larry Bird wrote: I heard from a friend in a high place the non aligned clubs don't want the alignments to end anytime soon. They actually want them extended, are scared to lose any money in a redistribution. What a diabolical position our beloved WAFL is in.

If only 2 treacherous clubs (one for the 2nd time around) didnt go behind the other WAFL clubs backs and become aligned sides none of this would have ever even happened LB!
That should never ever be forgotten!

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

Not so Healthy Alignment 6 years 7 months ago #129608

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 78
I don't think anyone was blindsided by EP aligning with WCE BH. In actual fact several clubs had dialogue with them. Once the clubs got cute and knocked back the SA model the outcome was inevitable. And now the Presidents are in love with the current arrangement and its benefits. Begging for it to go on and on. Did you know our great game was called Melbourne Rules originally Swan42.

Not so Healthy Alignment 6 years 7 months ago #129613

• Singha
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 115

Larry Bird wrote: I don't think anyone was blindsided by EP aligning with WCE BH. In actual fact several clubs had dialogue with them. Once the clubs got cute and knocked back the SA model the outcome was inevitable. And now the Presidents are in love with the current arrangement and its benefits. Begging for it to go on and on. Did you know our great game was called Melbourne Rules originally Swan42.

Larry you sound like you know what you are talking about, but I would horrified to think my clubs president would be keen to see the current situation continue. Dwindling crowds and membership and reduced relevance as it tailspins into oblivion. It doesn't make sense to me.

Not so Healthy Alignment 6 years 7 months ago #129614

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Larry Bird wrote: I don't think anyone was blindsided by EP aligning with WCE BH. In actual fact several clubs had dialogue with them. Once the clubs got cute and knocked back the SA model the outcome was inevitable. And now the Presidents are in love with the current arrangement and its benefits. Begging for it to go on and on. Did you know our great game was called Melbourne Rules originally Swan42.

A complete non sequitur what is was called. I can certainly speak to what I believe is the situation at Swans. We would agree in a heartbeat to revert back to the previous distribution of players.

Try looking up fait accompli and that is what was presented to the WAFL clubs.

Last edit: by swan42.

Not so Healthy Alignment 6 years 7 months ago #129617

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Singha Subi have no drama either way. But several other clubs finances are shot and much worse than reported. Barely afloat and worried about the reduction in funds that is coming. EP and Subi will be playing off in many Grand Finals in the future.

Not so Healthy Alignment 6 years 7 months ago #129620

• Singha
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 115

Larry Bird wrote: Singha Subi have no drama either way. But several other clubs finances are shot and much worse than reported. Barely afloat and worried about the reduction in funds that is coming. EP and Subi will be playing off in many Grand Finals in the future.

Miserable state of affairs. I won't be watching any grand finals with aligned teams. Well, maybe one more...

Not so Healthy Alignment 6 years 7 months ago #129628

• Rookie draft
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 29

swan42 wrote:

A complete non sequitur what is was called. I can certainly speak to what I believe is the situation at Swans. We would agree in a heartbeat to revert back to the previous distribution of players.

Try looking up fait accompli and that is what was presented to the WAFL clubs.

Cool story 42, make sure you file it in the fiction section along with Mr Hutton's fantasy piece

Not so Healthy Alignment 6 years 7 months ago #129640

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
EP will not play in Grand Finals until the alignment ends Singha. I'm talking post alignment when we both will dominate and I must admit it will be ridiculous. Two clubs with all the resources everyone else drowning.

Not so Healthy Alignment 6 years 7 months ago #129642

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2872

Larry Bird wrote: EP will not play in Grand Finals until the alignment ends Singha. I'm talking post alignment when we both will dominate and I must admit it will be ridiculous. Two clubs with all the resources everyone else drowning.

Back to reality EP would piss up the wall any money they have accumulated from WCE paying all the bills over the years on half baked Victorian recruits like they always have plus they would actually have to start paying for bills, staff etc as WCE wont foot the tab anymore....and that is if they even really want to break away from the alignment...all to cosy a set up I hear!

Moderators: royallucky

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 595 guests and 6 members online

• Success Hill
  • one time only
  • Blackduck
  • Tiger Tales
  • GarlicBreath

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty