Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Not so Healthy Alignment 6 years 8 months ago #128930

• The Major
  • The Major's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 18
Well after 45 games between League, Reserves and Colts we have managed a combined total of 17 wins for the season and not one side in the top five!!

By my reckoning this is a very poor performance given just how many Eagles squad members we have playing and a plethora of quality coaching staff.

I certainly adds weight to the argument that they are not playing for the jumper but their own self interest.

The sooner the alignment ends the better as far as I am concerned.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Not so Healthy Alignment 6 years 8 months ago #128936

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

The Major wrote: Well after 45 games between League, Reserves and Colts we have managed a combined total of 17 wins for the season and not one side in the top five!!

By my reckoning this is a very poor performance given just how many Eagles squad members we have playing and a plethora of quality coaching staff.

I certainly adds weight to the argument that they are not playing for the jumper but their own self interest.

They obviously have read Peter Sumich's comments and the WAFC's colts' "player first" mentality. That is, don't give a stuff about the team's success; it is all about me, me, me.

Can you imagine what it would be like if they had their own stand-alone team in the competition?

Last edit: by swan42.

Not so Healthy Alignment 6 years 8 months ago #128937

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1351

swan42 wrote:

The Major wrote: Well after 45 games between League, Reserves and Colts we have managed a combined total of 17 wins for the season and not one side in the top five!!

They obviously have read Peter Sumich's comments and the WAFC's colts' "player first" mentality. That is, don't give a stuff about the team's success; it is all about me, me, me.

Can you imagine what it would be like if they had their own stand-alone team in the competition?

To the contrary you would think both AFL teams want their reserves playing WAFL finals to give all their players a chance to press claims for the seniors and keep match fit.
Get on your bike.

Not so Healthy Alignment 6 years 8 months ago #128941

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2872

swan42 wrote:

Not to forget looking at the state of their "Senior side" WCE that organisation are going like a house on fire at the minute...that 'much needed' alignment just working a treat for both those WA afl pretenders!
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

Not so Healthy Alignment 6 years 8 months ago #128949

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
Ifthey can get the big ruckman from SD fit they could make the top four next season.

Not so Healthy Alignment 6 years 7 months ago #129589

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381
Here is the rumour, the WCE already have a stand alone reserves plan, they will move from subiaco as soon as the lathlain stuff is ready and have their team in the wafl as soon as that happens. All I have heard is that this could be the last year but next will definitely be it. It is rumour and hearsay not heresy.
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Not so Healthy Alignment 6 years 7 months ago #129591

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 836

Grump wrote: Here is the rumour, the WCE already have a stand alone reserves plan, they will move from subiaco as soon as the lathlain stuff is ready and have their team in the wafl as soon as that happens. All I have heard is that this could be the last year but next will definitely be it. It is rumour and hearsay not heresy.

Grump I hope it's the case and any plan that removes your beloved Royals from the dark crypt they have been held captive in and back into the WAFL family is a positive.

Not so Healthy Alignment 6 years 7 months ago #129593

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 78
I heard from a friend in a high place the non aligned clubs don't want the alignments to end anytime soon. They actually want them extended, are scared to lose any money in a redistribution. What a diabolical position our beloved WAFL is in.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dwert

Not so Healthy Alignment 6 years 7 months ago #129596

• Dwert
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 280

Larry Bird wrote: I heard from a friend in a high place the non aligned clubs don't want the alignments to end anytime soon. They actually want them extended, are scared to lose any money in a redistribution. What a diabolical position our beloved WAFL is in.

It appears it will only be a matter of time before the WAFL follows like other state leagues in other states apart from SA.
Sad but truthful assessment....

Not so Healthy Alignment 6 years 7 months ago #129599

• Tiger Tales
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 134

Larry Bird wrote: I heard from a friend in a high place the non aligned clubs don't want the alignments to end anytime soon. They actually want them extended, are scared to lose any money in a redistribution. What a diabolical position our beloved WAFL is in.

Hardly surprising given that West Coasts preference was for a stand alone Reserves side and that the host club model was their fallback position.

More interesting is how West Coast propose to top up their WAFL list and where excess players play if they aren't selected.

Moderators: royallucky

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 328 guests and 2 members online

• Demons Forever
  • one time only

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma