Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Weakend results 6 years 9 months ago #126374

• Grump
  • Grump's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381
Really pleased with the colts outcome, the player did what they had been told and came out with a well deserved result. Have to wonder tho'at a subi coaches comment that he felt they were the better team and were in the game even with there 2 18's players missing, heresay comment but from some one at the presentations. We had 5 or 6 out and methinks at least 6 of them are better than the two but that could be just me being parochial about the EP colt

As for the ressies they were simply out muscled, Subi did not let us in the game, I was a little disappointed in the lack of protection for players like Wright et al by our bigger players, perhaps a little direction may have been forthcoming but obviously not.

League were as in the ressies simply out muscled and without being overly critical out coached which is difficult thing to accept. One reason is that I no time at all for the Subiaco coach as a person, the reasons for lay back in the Kingsley Football club days ( I dont hold grudges ask anyone) but on the day he did the job with his side.)

One shining light for me was the continued form and development of Scott Jones, he was simply the best big man on the ground with the Subi ruckman a close second.

The worst thing was the continued lack of ability of one of the blond haired WCE players, I know a lot of people think his ok but 5 minutes of football is just not good enough and he should be in the recovery or development group.
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Weakend results 6 years 9 months ago #126386

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 78
Unable to make the Colts but the reserves and league just out muscled. The weights program at Subiaco never ceases to amaze me. Whilst we are still aligned Grump third or fourth year AFL players will not play reserves too often. Unless coming back from injury or completely finished as an AFL commodity.

Weakend results 6 years 9 months ago #126397

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Larry Bird wrote: Unable to make the Colts but the reserves and league just out muscled. The weights program at Subiaco never ceases to amaze me. Whilst we are still aligned Grump third or fourth year AFL players will not play reserves too often. Unless coming back from injury or completely finished as an AFL commodity.

I was talking to a coupe of the ressies boys and reminding them that all they need to do is keep playing and training for another 18 months and they will have their club back, they all were pretty upbeat abt the alignment going away, we will just have to wait and see!
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Weakend results 6 years 9 months ago #126409

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Aren't we all Grump my friend. Can I send a cautionary warning to all our boys Grump. If you think the effort your putting in now is enough to succeed at WAFL level your mistaken. Use the 6 months hopefully but more likely 18 to train yourselves. Take advantage of the infrastructure the club has now to get ready. Post alignment will be tough on field and the excuses will be gone. Look at Subi as your benchmark, that is the level we need. You may think I'm a little harsh on this one Grump, but I only want every player to get the best out of themselves.

Weakend results 6 years 9 months ago #126413

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Larry Bird wrote: Aren't we all Grump my friend. Can I send a cautionary warning to all our boys Grump. If you think the effort your putting in now is enough to succeed at WAFL level your mistaken. Use the 6 months hopefully but more likely 18 to train yourselves. Take advantage of the infrastructure the club has now to get ready. Post alignment will be tough on field and the excuses will be gone. Look at Subi as your benchmark, that is the level we need. You may think I'm a little harsh on this one Grump, but I only want every player to get the best out of themselves.

I totally agree with you and this is a point I raise with them every chance I get, learn from the WCE players abt taking care of the body etc, just don't look to them for skills etc cos most are no better that them

Weakend results 6 years 9 months ago #126440

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 373

Larry Bird wrote: Unable to make the Colts but the reserves and league just out muscled. The weights program at Subiaco never ceases to amaze me. Whilst we are still aligned Grump third or fourth year AFL players will not play reserves too often. Unless coming back from injury or completely finished as an AFL commodity.

From speaking with Subi people their weights program is not compulsory but player driven.

Weakend results 6 years 9 months ago #126452

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Very similar at EP I believe, and the uptake is not at the level required. But I think the worst offenders have left the club.

• Page:
Moderators: royallucky

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 208 guests and one member online

• Frothy

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma