Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Stephen Payne pulls the pin on EP 6 years 10 months ago #126002

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 78
Not the case Roman.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Stephen Payne pulls the pin on EP 6 years 10 months ago #126003

• Grump
  • Grump's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381

swan42 wrote:

Grump wrote: Sadly Payne who was the 2014 F&B winner has pulled the pin with the story saying that it is about playing reserves which has come about due to the number of WCE and other players being chosen in front of him.

Stephen is a really great young man and he will be missed at the club by all the players and I really do mean all the players.

I always knew that the alignment would see players leave but by my reckoning the turnover of players hasn't been any greater than at other clubs. The plus side of this is that another young player has a chance in the ressies and then perhaps the league.

Good Luck in whatever you do Stephen and good luck in your football future, Beverley seems the place to go!

Grump would Swans be a good fit for him?

I don't know as I have not seen Swans this year, but he is very fit and gets a lot of the ball, if that is what you need then good fit!
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Stephen Payne pulls the pin on EP 6 years 10 months ago #126010

• Factor opinion
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 63
Blee has played 3 Reserves and 27 League games in 2016-2017 and has had a role change and seems to have a new lease on life.

Stephen Payne pulls the pin on EP 6 years 10 months ago #126032

• chaddy22
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137
Blee is very much a utilty and can play several positions which makes it handy considering the ever changing makeup of eagles players in any given week.Unfortunately for payne apart from competing with second tier eagles midfielders.He has slipped back in the pecking order of first choice east perth midfielders.Mcginnitty Magginiss,Hille,amaduri and young Wright are better options.

Stephen Payne pulls the pin on EP 6 years 10 months ago #126034

• Southerner
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1194

Grump wrote: Sadly Payne who was the 2014 F&B winner has pulled the pin with the story saying that it is about playing reserves which has come about due to the number of WCE and other players being chosen in front of him.

Stephen is a really great young man and he will be missed at the club by all the players and I really do mean all the players.

I always knew that the alignment would see players leave but by my reckoning the turnover of players hasn't been any greater than at other clubs. The plus side of this is that another young player has a chance in the ressies and then perhaps the league.

Good Luck in whatever you do Stephen and good luck in your football future, Beverley seems the place to go!

It's the thing that pisses you off most about the deed of arrangement - the certainty that club men depart because of it , rips the heart out and doesn't even blink an eyelid

Stephen Payne pulls the pin on EP 6 years 10 months ago #126040

• one time only
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 32

Larry Bird wrote: Which Eagles players do you believe should be in the reserves One Time Only. I know you attend games would be interested in your thoughts. I'm sure Steve could get a game at most teams. I think Subi or Claremont would suit him. I watched the Swans vs WP game and enjoyed it, I felt Swans lack of foot skills cost them the game. I think Payney would only make that worse.

Larry, regardless of the positions they play, I would struggle to put Tom Lamb and Josh Rotham in my best 22 on the regular basis that they are included. They and some other unnamed WC players seem to me to be allowed to gain form in the League side instead of the Reserves as our own East Perth players are often required to do when they lose form.

I stress this is MY opinion only.

If you say you know I attend games, how about introducing yourself on Saturday.

Stephen Payne pulls the pin on EP 6 years 10 months ago #126046

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I'm assuming you do attend games by the conviction of your opinion one time only. Where can I find you on Saturday? Rotham I agree he needs to develop in the reserves. Lamb is about the only player that can kick goals, as demonstrated by match winning bursts against Peel and South recently. Both away games do you attend away games. Is that the only two Eagles?

Last edit: by Larry Bird.

Stephen Payne pulls the pin on EP 6 years 10 months ago #126061

• one time only
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Ground level Members. 2nd row. Mo

Last edit: by one time only .

Stephen Payne pulls the pin on EP 6 years 10 months ago #126064

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Won't be hard to find nowadays I'm afraid the crowds have dropped. Do you have any more Eagles that should be dropped? Mutimer and Partington are ineffectual footballers in my opinion. Gorter has gone backwards this year in my opinion.

Stephen Payne pulls the pin on EP 6 years 10 months ago #126068

• one time only
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Larry, I will go further on Saturday.

Moderators: royallucky

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 249 guests and one member online

• Chickenfried

Newest Footy Recruits

• Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020