Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Stephen Payne pulls the pin on EP 6 years 10 months ago #125971

• Grump
  • Grump's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381
Sadly Payne who was the 2014 F&B winner has pulled the pin with the story saying that it is about playing reserves which has come about due to the number of WCE and other players being chosen in front of him.

Stephen is a really great young man and he will be missed at the club by all the players and I really do mean all the players.

I always knew that the alignment would see players leave but by my reckoning the turnover of players hasn't been any greater than at other clubs. The plus side of this is that another young player has a chance in the ressies and then perhaps the league.

Good Luck in whatever you do Stephen and good luck in your football future, Beverley seems the place to go!
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Stephen Payne pulls the pin on EP 6 years 10 months ago #125972

• Tiger of old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 230
Grump I'd assume that he might head back to the family farm and the Swfl and play for the club that his Dad David played over 300 games for, Augusta Margaret River.

Stephen Payne pulls the pin on EP 6 years 10 months ago #125973

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Tiger of old wrote: Grump I'd assume that he might head back to the family farm and the Swfl and play for the club that his Dad David played over 300 games for, Augusta Margaret River.

I am not sure where his 'life is, up here or down there, time will tell!
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Stephen Payne pulls the pin on EP 6 years 10 months ago #125974

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Grump wrote: Sadly Payne who was the 2014 F&B winner has pulled the pin with the story saying that it is about playing reserves which has come about due to the number of WCE and other players being chosen in front of him.

Stephen is a really great young man and he will be missed at the club by all the players and I really do mean all the players.

I always knew that the alignment would see players leave but by my reckoning the turnover of players hasn't been any greater than at other clubs. The plus side of this is that another young player has a chance in the ressies and then perhaps the league.

Good Luck in whatever you do Stephen and good luck in your football future, Beverley seems the place to go!

Grump would Swans be a good fit for him?

Stephen Payne pulls the pin on EP 6 years 10 months ago #125980

• one time only
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 32
Good hatchet job by the Official saying that we should be blaming the emergence of 3 of our own young blokes playing in the League side in front of Payney.

I think I would rather blame West Coast's insistence that their underperforming second tier players and players returning from injury and on limited time, play in the League side instead of where they should be. In the Reserves. (With apologies to our Reserves.)

Stephen Payne pulls the pin on EP 6 years 10 months ago #125993

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 78
Which Eagles players do you believe should be in the reserves One Time Only. I know you attend games would be interested in your thoughts. I'm sure Steve could get a game at most teams. I think Subi or Claremont would suit him. I watched the Swans vs WP game and enjoyed it, I felt Swans lack of foot skills cost them the game. I think Payney would only make that worse.

Last edit: by Larry Bird.

Stephen Payne pulls the pin on EP 6 years 10 months ago #125998

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

one time only wrote: Good hatchet job by the Official saying that we should be blaming the emergence of 3 of our own young blokes playing in the League side in front of Payney.

I think I would rather blame West Coast's insistence that their underperforming second tier players and players returning from injury and on limited time, play in the League side instead of where they should be. In the Reserves. (With apologies to our Reserves.)

Thinking of the EP players in the league of late which one does he replace, Wright, Hille or Amaduri, is he better than Maguiness. Yes he is on a par with some of the WCE players and better than a few but who does he replace.

The player has been a loyal servant and a good player in the tough times but injuries & form through last year into this have not done him any favours.

Last edit: by Grump.

Stephen Payne pulls the pin on EP 6 years 10 months ago #125999

• Roman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 149
The next in line to pull the pin will be Blee.

Stephen Payne pulls the pin on EP 6 years 10 months ago #126000

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 78
I'm not doubting you Roman but why do you think Blee will be next.

Stephen Payne pulls the pin on EP 6 years 10 months ago #126001

• Roman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 149

Larry Bird wrote: I'm not doubting you Roman but why do you think Blee will be next.

Because just like Payne has played a lot in the resies since the alignment came in.

Moderators: royallucky

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 485 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020