Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Oakley-Nicholls retires 6 years 11 months ago #121437

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Dwert wrote:

KCEF wrote: True LB- but we are lacking a hard running midfielder. Of course, I'd rather we finally invest heavily in our Junior program and create the backbone of a good team from within.

Don't be swayed by the ladder position of our Colts- there's at least half a dozen that are 19yo's, in their 4th year of Colts. It's a false economy! Why they aren't playing Senior footy is beyond me

Surely once the state 18s selection process is done and dusted in the next few weeks you will see those 19 year olds be pushed through to the reserves KCEF? I agree keeping kids playing 4 years of colts football is hardly developing players to be the best they can be at whatever level they choose to play ie AFL , WAFL , Amateurs , Country.

The only thing that that sounds like is a coach trying to grab some glory with a premiership or two.

Remarkably, and I repeat, remarkably a WAFL club can't choose to play a colts' player in the ressies or league without the EXPRESS permission of the WAFC.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Oakley-Nicholls retires 6 years 11 months ago #121466

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1327
All the best to Jarrad in his life after football.Really rated Jarrad as a footballer.

Oakley-Nicholls retires 6 years 10 months ago #121527

• chaddy22
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137

Larry Bird wrote: A fair question Swandog, my feeling is the talent level of last years Colts and this years is outstanding. This years Colts may not finish as high up but have many potential AFL and senior WAFL players. Time is right to move the road block and rebuild. I'm very optimistic we could win games of football in 2019 without recruiting heavily.

You can see the future out there today.Scott Jones will get a fair few games with the way things are at West Coast.Today was his biggest challenge and he should get better.Was happy with Shayne Hilles and Stan Wright's games.Bolton was quiet but did a couple of nice things in the last quarter and without a small forward to challenge him I expect him to get a few games under his belt and will hopefully turn into a good small forward.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dwert

Oakley-Nicholls retires 6 years 10 months ago #121534

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386

Larry Bird wrote: Payne is getting regular games this year on merit. Last year he did not justify playing league due to form and injury. Would you like him at Swans, Clutterbuck on one wing Payney on the other.

He is a handy player and I'm sure Swans would take him in if he decided to walk
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Oakley-Nicholls retires 6 years 10 months ago #122027

• strono
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 89

Larry Bird wrote: Always had time for a chat and a laugh, not as bad a fellow as some people might believe. I agree with his reasoning, come in to the season underdone and struggled for his best form also.

I am glad he mentioned the alignment was part of his decision

Oakley-Nicholls retires 6 years 10 months ago #122343

• Tiger Tales
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 134
Good to see JON hasn't given up footy and will line up for North Beach tomorrow.

Oakley-Nicholls retires 6 years 10 months ago #122945

• BARISTA
  • Thank you received: 11
In this day and age you are remembered for your last acts - not necessarily for past accomplishments
*You grow and learn or you lack the fortitude to mature

Good riddance to JON - for many players the only thing they'll miss about him is the shit thav gave him on the field and then the errors he made after ...

Oakley-Nicholls retires 6 years 10 months ago #123155

• Rookie draft
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 29
Good player that had to over come more obstacles than most I'd suggest. Always seemed to play well against Peel. 100+ games at WAFL level after AFL career finished is a great effort.

Previous post sounds like a disgruntled WP fan that needs to take his own advice and move on. Happy days

Oakley-Nicholls retires 6 years 10 months ago #123297

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 78
Barista has the same grudge a fellow named Cardy had. Raises the same points and writes in the same format??? My philosophy with personal attacks on players is don't do it if possible. I doubt you would approach the guy in the street and mouth off. He is likeable bloke off field.

Oakley-Nicholls retires 6 years 10 months ago #123342

• BARISTA
  • Thank you received: 11
For as long as Ive read this site there are more than several loooong standing bloggers who have conspiracy theories on other members - by continued reference here over many months seems hmmmmmmm if theres an opinion that differs from the mob ,,, yeah i said the mob word :P , god forbid if two persons may sound similar - hahaha :cheer: :cheer: simple rhetoric

Regards JON, his antics and field failures dogged him until his last day as his final reserves appearance as his last game was less than impressive.. fittingly
I dont like the guy - no conspiracy theory - hes done and gone and goodbye

Regards to his off field personality - ummm is this a 'footy site' or a 'street site'

I must have missed the memo

Moderators: royallucky

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 686 guests and 2 members online

• Swedgen
  • KCachard

Newest Footy Recruits

• BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes