Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

11 out of 12 - not much to add 7 years 1 day ago #120969

• alahoy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 32
There is a media statement on official EPFC website pointing out this is Tom's view and not necessarily the board's. It looks like there's a split of opinions on where this is headed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 out of 12 - not much to add 6 years 11 months ago #121314

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874

Southerner wrote: thewest.com.au/sport/wafl/royals-directo...-coast-ng-b88452311z

Hard not to be cynical here but am I the only one who has noted that Tom has been a board member for 24 years and has therefore been apart of not only 1 alignment but now the 2nd lot.
Could it be that all was fine and dandy for Tom (the self proclaimed Fremantle supporter I might add) when the Eagle alignments were winning EP games regularly and competing in finals annually but all of a sudden it is now hurting the club....spare me Tom if you were serious about the real EP you would have done something before the 2000 season or back in 2013 not waited until you were struggling to win a game in year 7 of alignments in your 24 year span on the board! :dry:

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

11 out of 12 - not much to add 6 years 11 months ago #121320

• Southerner
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1194
There's been a fair bit of shift since it started Beas' - a lot of players have left , there's a separate new training / HQ and now the only link Colts might be gone.
getting another feeling the money might be about to dry up too

11 out of 12 - not much to add 6 years 11 months ago #121322

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Southerner wrote: There's been a fair bit of shift since it started Beas' - a lot of players have left , there's a separate new training / HQ and now the only link Colts might be gone.
getting another feeling the money might be about to dry up too

Mate I understand that and I do actually feel for the heart and soul EP blokes the likes of Grump but I am just a touch cynical in regards to Tom as he has been fully complicit as a 24 year board member in 2 separate alignments 10 years apart and has sat on his hands and done nothing maybe because they were winning....and now that winning isn't happening as regularly as previous he comes out against hmmmm :unsure:

11 out of 12 - not much to add 6 years 11 months ago #121328

• Southerner
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1194
True no doubt - and it tells me something has shifted if QC's come out ;)

11 out of 12 - not much to add 6 years 11 months ago #121329

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357
I too wonder why it's only now, he makes the statement? And not previously said anything! Or am I missing something?
Did he originally agree with the club being taken over? Or was he over-ridden? And then simply went along?
Wouldn't it be lovely if questions got answered...

11 out of 12 - not much to add 6 years 11 months ago #121330

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

westaussieguy wrote: I too wonder why it's only now, he makes the statement? And not previously said anything! Or am I missing something?
Did he originally agree with the club being taken over? Or was he over-ridden? And then simply went along?
Wouldn't it be lovely if questions got answered...

A good journalist would have asked those questions and demanded answers WAG but alas it was a The West report! :dry:

11 out of 12 - not much to add 6 years 11 months ago #121345

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 78
The extension is the issue It's not on. I still can't find anyone in favour including Tom. Obviously Bronte is leaning that way which has brought this on. I believe EP has been offered rivers of gold to continue the alignment.

Moderators: royallucky

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 279 guests and one member online

• gtrxuone

Newest Footy Recruits

• Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020
  • MrBulldog
  • FremantlesFinest