Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

11 out of 12 - not much to add 7 years 2 weeks ago #119488

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 78
Wild and largely untrue statements Talking Footy. The people who signed up to the alignment at EP are not sooking at all. In fact at this very moment they are desperately trying to think of ways to extend it without being strung up by the supporters. The fans of the club hated it from day one and nothings changed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 out of 12 - not much to add 7 years 2 weeks ago #119493

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
I guess my major concern around any alignment including EP's is what happens when it finishes? A fair bit of club culture would have been eroded over time and you'd think it would take years for the playing group to recover to something competitive after all the AFL guys disappear. Yes, there's financial advantages to be had and EP's current balance sheet reflects that but at what long term cost I wonder?

11 out of 12 - not much to add 7 years 2 weeks ago #119509

• ShinyDuck
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 17
The EP supporters seem to be big fans of the alignment ;) , check out their Facebook page and the 51 responses to this:

East Perth Football Club Inc

April 1 at 12:39pm ·
East Perth is currently reviewing its position with relation to any extension of the partnering model with the West Coast Eagles. It is the Board’s responsibility to conduct due diligence before any decision is made relating to the partnership. This process has been extended pending the outcome of the review. The Club will finalise its position regarding the partnering model post the 2018 season in the coming weeks.

Last edit: by ShinyDuck.

11 out of 12 - not much to add 7 years 2 weeks ago #119511

• Grump
  • Grump's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381

Talking Footy wrote: To be honest too bad East Perth. You made your bed now you can lie in it.

If East Perth get rid of the alignment you think the Eagles wont just align with someone else. They will. They will be coming for a club that you support.

Why should any other club have to go through that when East Perth wanted it, went for it and are now sooking about it.

Too bad.

If only what you assert was true, the decision had nothing to do with the members it was solely a board decision and whilst the board members are ratified at the AGM the rank and file had nothing to do with it!
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

11 out of 12 - not much to add 7 years 2 weeks ago #119512

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

ShinyDuck wrote: The EP supporters seem to be big fans of the alignment, check out their Facebook page and the 51 responses to this:

East Perth Football Club Inc

April 1 at 12:39pm ·
East Perth is currently reviewing its position with relation to any extension of the partnering model with the West Coast Eagles. It is the Board’s responsibility to conduct due diligence before any decision is made relating to the partnership. This process has been extended pending the outcome of the review. The Club will finalise its position regarding the partnering model post the 2018 season in the coming weeks.

Posting an untrue statement is quite pathetic, if you bother to read the response to the media release 100% of them are dead set against the alignment with some folk saying this will be the last year of their membership if it continues.

No one at the club is happy with the current arrangement but the decision is out of our hands we can only ask, cajole and implore the board to see it our way and who knows how that play out.

Those of us who still attend the games do so out of loyal to the club and the EAST PERTH PLAYERS and nothing else. The discussions are all about what happens post the alignment and how do we prepare for the future and the likely loss of sponsorship, support and playing stocks.

I know as a Life member of the club that MY loyalty is to the Jumper, the Club and its born and bread players.
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended
The following user(s) said Thank You: BC

11 out of 12 - not much to add 7 years 2 weeks ago #119514

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
your passion and loyalty for your club is admirable Grump... as is your ability to tell it like it is. keep punching old son...the tide will turn.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grump

11 out of 12 - not much to add 7 years 2 weeks ago #119517

• ShinyDuck
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
I was taking the p... Grump. They all hate it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grump

11 out of 12 - not much to add 7 years 2 weeks ago #119519

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

ShinyDuck wrote: I was taking the p... Grump. They all hate it.

oops, bit sensitive, sorry

11 out of 12 - not much to add 7 years 2 weeks ago #119520

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2017
Pretty much one way traffic on the facebook page. This same attitude is reflected with the East Perth supporters I have contact with. Everyone seems to be sick of it. The club cannot afford to ignore this feedback.

Last edit: by mikeh.

11 out of 12 - not much to add 7 years 2 weeks ago #119536

• ShinyDuck
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Grump wrote:

ShinyDuck wrote: I was taking the p... Grump. They all hate it.

oops, bit sensitive, sorry

No worries Grump. We all know that one bloke there had 100% of the vote in taking on the alignment/conquering. I guess the coup de grâce was then having the Eagles employ the coach.

Moderators: royallucky

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 218 guests and 5 members online

• TheRock
  • Demons Forever
  • Swedgen
  • chaddy22

Newest Footy Recruits

• ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag