Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

11 out of 12 - not much to add 6 years 11 months ago #118774

• Grump
  • Grump's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381
bit sad really
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 out of 12 - not much to add 6 years 11 months ago #118776

• Southerner
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1191
Cheer up Grump mate your club is reaping a hell of a lot of West Coast money - look on the bright side in the future you'll be playing in a 2 team comp every week & between the both of you you'll dominate what is left of footy in the state

11 out of 12 - not much to add 6 years 11 months ago #118777

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2872

Grump wrote: bit sad really

I was very impressed with some of your Colts boys Grump and a few in the Reserves that from memory played Colts last year. Unfortunately with 15 Eagles playing on average every week in the League plus the old EP veterans like Anderson, Payne & co they have nowhere to go unless they like a 5 year early game apprenticeship!

11 out of 12 - not much to add 6 years 11 months ago #118783

• Grump
  • Grump's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381

Southerner wrote: Cheer up Grump mate your club is reaping a hell of a lot of West Coast money - look on the bright side in the future you'll be playing in a 2 team comp every week & between the both of you you'll dominate what is left of footy in the state

Trouble is that what is my club is the folk that have come up through the ranks, the older folk and those who want the Black and Blue back, the two team comp you suggest is just rubbish unless everyone folds and the WAFC know that if that happens even they won't have a over paid job!

As for the money, you perhaps need to look at the club books to know that the profit comes from being managed as s business and not a club like most others!

Your opinion is valued however ill informed it is!
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Last edit: by Grump.

11 out of 12 - not much to add 6 years 11 months ago #118785

• Southerner
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1191
you know the business is getting it's money via WCE supplying - the spend is less

No-one else will survive if this all goes ahead

11 out of 12 - not much to add 6 years 11 months ago #118803

• BARISTA
  • Thank you received: 11
Reading in the Media this morning seems East Perth board may yet wack the WAFC and the Eagles over the head re the alignment - Unless is all smoke & mirrors, they are suggesting the cue is not in the rack re extending the alignment to 2021.

With this 'IN BED' deal theres a possible wrinkle in the satin sheet???

Time will tell

11 out of 12 - not much to add 6 years 11 months ago #118832

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 78
Canvassing opinion at the club the already anti alignment sentiment has soured further. I can't see how the board could contemplate extending. Bronte is a rather interesting man though. This will be my last year of attending matches if it extends.

11 out of 12 - not much to add 6 years 11 months ago #118842

• BARISTA
  • Thank you received: 11

Larry Bird wrote: Canvassing opinion at the club the already anti alignment sentiment has soured further. I can't see how the board could contemplate extending. Bronte is a rather interesting man though. This will be my last year of attending matches if it extends.

Sadly you and many many many others will leave this once proud club behind them if indeed the 2021 date is ratified.
I cannot fathom how badly the club will wither in the years ahead given the intention of the WAFC and the Eagles :(

11 out of 12 - not much to add 6 years 11 months ago #118857

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 373

Grump wrote: bit sad really

Grump off topic here so I hope you don't mind responding...if not that's ok... #38 Redhead in your colts program....the lanky gangly red headed fella seemed to have his own cult following during the colts match...super impressed with his work ethic and despite his gangliness still found a way to win the ball...looks like a real bright future prospect...just asking your thoughts regarding his ability...really stood out in the match last night...has he got the goods??

11 out of 12 - not much to add 6 years 11 months ago #118911

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 355

Larry Bird wrote: Canvassing opinion at the club the already anti alignment sentiment has soured further. I can't see how the board could contemplate extending. Bronte is a rather interesting man though. This will be my last year of attending matches if it extends.

That is sad to hear Larry. Too many good people have been lost already.

Moderators: royallucky

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 414 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL