Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Colts through to GF 7 years 6 months ago #105427

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 78
Another 4 I know of in the colts being watched for this year and next Grump. Also one from the reserves that is on the radar of a local club. But most likely they will choose an EF or Clarmont kid if it's line ball.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Colts through to GF 7 years 6 months ago #105433

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
If it's the dockers they will get someone from Victoria

Colts through to GF 7 years 6 months ago #105447

• chaddy22
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137

Grump wrote:

chaddy22 wrote:

Grump wrote:

chaddy22 wrote:

one time only wrote:

Clear-View wrote: A fantastic team effort in beating Perth. Had the edged in physicality which led to getting on top in the clearances and contested footy.

In the end it was shear weight of numbers that provided the opportunities to kick a winning score.

Great for the club to have both colts and reserves in GF's. The colts have basically come from 6th place. Can't remember the last time the colts made the GF. Perhaps others on here would know.

2006: EP 13.11 (89) d C 11.17 (83)
2000: EP 9.6 (60) d EF 8.5 (53)

Both times came from 4th position.In 2000 Zac Beeck got rookie listed and in 2006 Claremont got 8 drafted and east perth only got leunberger and moss drafted.Even when we win premierships they don't look at our players for drafting.Maybe want to draft show ponies and not team players.Or maybe you have to come from a public school.

Unnecessary comment

Any theories grump why our players seemed to get overlooked.Easr freo and Claremont always seem to get a look in.I feel sorry for our colts as they seem to get overlooked.Even when they pump them up in the west Australian or tv over the last few years we have players who couldn't get rookied.

Chaddy

I think we look at them like a lot of parents and think they are draftable, Nelson and Black at WP spring to mind as fella's from another club that everyone thought were going, Kane Mitchell took how long, Priddis is another.

I think that what they look for are players of a particular size, skill level and ability to learn and as good as we think they are maybe they don't fit the mould the AFL clubs are looking for!

Of the players at EP colts and Ressies I think Gorter, Hart and Jones are worthy of rookie list with WCE, SPP Amos and Wright are players that have shown they can play against men but SPP is the only one that is a definite.

Of next years crop Matthew Young is someone who I reckon that with a good pre season and Colts season is worth a watch as is Starcevich but I am biased.

I think if you look at the Marsh boys and then the cripps boys but then the Cripps lad from a couple years back wasn't and I thought he was a goodén.

have a good one and enjoy next week with the ressies and the colts WOOOOHHOOOO!(the real EP)

I bow to your superior knowledge.I have not seen much except the odd quarter when they play a colts game after the league.I did see Gorter in a reserves game before he made his league debut and was impressed and I think he has been good at league level.I suppose we are one eyed about our own.I remember the great year Stratton had and somebody asked one of the recruiters whether he would be recruited.As usual he got overlooked by the local afl clubs with the dockers going for Roberton and the hawks going for Stratton.I suppose it is why I wonder what our boys have to do to be noticed especially by the two local afl teams.

Colts through to GF 7 years 6 months ago #105459

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Chaddy I know for a fact that our colts and reserves get much more exposure under the alignment. The drafts this year may be quite interesting.

Colts through to GF 7 years 6 months ago #105460

• chaddy22
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137

Larry Bird wrote: Chaddy I know for a fact that our colts and reserves get much more exposure under the alignment. The drafts this year may be quite interesting.

I hope you are right LB. I doubt we have had anybody drafted since we have become aligned and don't have many on AFL lists.So it would be nice if we got a few over the line especially if they stay with us next year.

Colts through to GF 7 years 6 months ago #105497

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381

chaddy22 wrote:

Grump wrote:

chaddy22 wrote:

Grump wrote:

chaddy22 wrote:

one time only wrote:

Clear-View wrote: A fantastic team effort in beating Perth. Had the edged in physicality which led to getting on top in the clearances and contested footy.

In the end it was shear weight of numbers that provided the opportunities to kick a winning score.

Great for the club to have both colts and reserves in GF's. The colts have basically come from 6th place. Can't remember the last time the colts made the GF. Perhaps others on here would know.

2006: EP 13.11 (89) d C 11.17 (83)
2000: EP 9.6 (60) d EF 8.5 (53)

Both times came from 4th position.In 2000 Zac Beeck got rookie listed and in 2006 Claremont got 8 drafted and east perth only got leunberger and moss drafted.Even when we win premierships they don't look at our players for drafting.Maybe want to draft show ponies and not team players.Or maybe you have to come from a public school.

Unnecessary comment

Any theories grump why our players seemed to get overlooked.Easr freo and Claremont always seem to get a look in.I feel sorry for our colts as they seem to get overlooked.Even when they pump them up in the west Australian or tv over the last few years we have players who couldn't get rookied.

Chaddy

I think we look at them like a lot of parents and think they are draftable, Nelson and Black at WP spring to mind as fella's from another club that everyone thought were going, Kane Mitchell took how long, Priddis is another.

I think that what they look for are players of a particular size, skill level and ability to learn and as good as we think they are maybe they don't fit the mould the AFL clubs are looking for!

Of the players at EP colts and Ressies I think Gorter, Hart and Jones are worthy of rookie list with WCE, SPP Amos and Wright are players that have shown they can play against men but SPP is the only one that is a definite.

Of next years crop Matthew Young is someone who I reckon that with a good pre season and Colts season is worth a watch as is Starcevich but I am biased.

I think if you look at the Marsh boys and then the cripps boys but then the Cripps lad from a couple years back wasn't and I thought he was a goodén.

have a good one and enjoy next week with the ressies and the colts WOOOOHHOOOO!(the real EP)

I bow to your superior knowledge.I have not seen much except the odd quarter when they play a colts game after the league.I did see Gorter in a reserves game before he made his league debut and was impressed and I think he has been good at league level.I suppose we are one eyed about our own.I remember the great year Stratton had and somebody asked one of the recruiters whether he would be recruited.As usual he got overlooked by the local afl clubs with the dockers going for Roberton and the hawks going for Stratton.I suppose it is why I wonder what our boys have to do to be noticed especially by the two local afl teams.

Chaddy

My knowledge isn't superior to anyone's, it just an opinion based on what I see through my chartreuse glasses.

Ben Stratton is the obvious one but then so is Marcus Adams but if you look at both local afl teams they had fairly strong stocks in the back half at the time.

I just want EP do well and if that means I hang my hat on the ressies and colts well then sobeit.

See you or not at the real GF's on Sunday.
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Colts through to GF 7 years 6 months ago #105615

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Grump a question for you. I know the game was quite comfortable on Sunday but I believe we looked one tall short. When Amos went off for a rest we didn't have a tall forward. Although Starcevich made a contest in the second half. We have a couple of giants in reserve are they available and would you go in taller? With Decampo injured would Tarir or Eric be available?

Colts through to GF 7 years 6 months ago #105686

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2872
Hey Grump what's happened to Dean Kemp's young bloke who played a few Colts games last year pretty sure played WA 16s as well?

Colts through to GF 7 years 6 months ago #105691

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Dean's boys are younger BH.

Colts through to GF 7 years 6 months ago #105694

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2872
Ok thanks LB.

Moderators: royallucky

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 485 guests and 6 members online

• Demons Forever
  • Success Hill
  • Time For a Flag
  • Blackduck
  • Tiger Tales

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty