Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Elimination final East Perth V Peel 7 years 7 months ago #103720

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015
I'm probably going to get a bit of flack from some for starting this topic and I like others have made my feelings about the alignment pretty clear on this forum on many occasions.

But when all is said and done this is a WAFL final whether we like it or not and I think it at least deserves a thread for discussion. I have put this on the East Perth forum because I know there are long term EP fans who contribute to this website (e.g chaddy 22 larry bird), to my knowledge there are no Peel fans registered.

Can we hear some thoughts on just this sunday's game and keep our frustration with the alignment out of this particular discussion?

My view is that Peel are overwhelming favourites because their aligned team is out of the AFL picture whereas the Eagles may be holding out some of their players given the proximity of their final on Thursday night. Looking at the two teams tonight confirms these thoughts with no less than 17 Dockers on Peels 25 man list. To be honest I hope the Royals buck the odds and do it for Craig Wolfe who is a true East Perth man.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by mikeh.

Elimination final East Perth V Peel 7 years 7 months ago #103726

• chaddy22
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137

mikeh wrote: I'm probably going to get a bit of flack from some for starting this topic and I like others have made my feelings about the alignment pretty clear on this forum on many occasions.

But when all is said and done this is a WAFL final whether we like it or not and I think it at least deserves a thread for discussion. I have put this on the East Perth forum because I know there are long term EP fans who contribute to this website (e.g chaddy 22 larry bird), to my knowledge there are no Peel fans registered.

Can we hear some thoughts on just this sunday's game and keep our frustration with the alignment out of this particular discussion?

My view is that Peel are overwhelming favourites because their aligned team is out of the AFL picture whereas the Eagles may be holding out some of their players given the proximity of their final on Thursday night. Looking at the two teams tonight confirms these thoughts with no less than 17 Dockers on Peels 25 man list. To be honest I hope the Royals buck the odds and do it for Craig Wolfe who is a true East Perth man.

I doubt we will get within 5 goals of peel.we have had troubles kicking 10 goals all season.Only decent forwards we have had is Giles and Oakley nicholls and neither are playing.Our mid field will be battling to match Peels.Mzungu always kills us and Deboer had a birthday the last time we met.I also think we will be stretched to match the height that Peel have in the forward line.If Peel get past us I wouldn't be surprised if they go all the way.They don't have the distraction of who the Dockers will be moving up to the afl and will be able to play a stable lineup.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mikeh

Elimination final East Perth V Peel 7 years 7 months ago #103727

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015

chaddy22 wrote:

mikeh wrote: I'm probably going to get a bit of flack from some for starting this topic and I like others have made my feelings about the alignment pretty clear on this forum on many occasions.

I doubt we will get within 5 goals of peel.we have had troubles kicking 10 goals all season.Only decent forwards we have had is Giles and Oakley nicholls and neither are playing.Our mid field will be battling to match Peels.Mzungu always kills us and Deboer had a birthday the last time we met.I also think we will be stretched to match the height that Peel have in the forward line.If Peel get past us I wouldn't be surprised if they go all the way.They don't have the distraction of who the Dockers will be moving up to the afl and will be able to play a stable lineup.

Is Oakley Nicholls injured Chaddy 22? He is a big loss as an experienced player

Last edit: by mikeh.

Elimination final East Perth V Peel 7 years 7 months ago #103728

• chaddy22
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137

mikeh wrote:

chaddy22 wrote:

Is Oakley Nicholls injured Chaddy 22? He is a big loss as an experienced player

The last game he played was in round 16 against the swannies.He was the x factor in our forward line he can take a mark and has some pace. Unfortunately both Lamb and Mcinnes are just not hitting the scoreboard.I really don't know who will be able to kick us a match winning score.

Elimination final East Perth V Peel 7 years 7 months ago #103751

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 78
I agree with your thoughts Chaddy. Peel should win by five to ten goals. More looking forward to the colts game although the margin may be similar.

Elimination final East Perth V Peel 7 years 7 months ago #103771

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 839
For the same reasons mentioned by Mikeh I hope the Ferals get over the line in what would be an upset. EP will have plenty of quality talls but are lacking Peel badly in the midfield stakes, Peel's mids are right up there with the best in the comp. Fine weather and I think Peel will run EP off their legs ...sadly.

Hoping even if EP lose that they beat the livin' suitcase outa Peel giving either SF or WP a better chance in the first semi.

Elimination final East Perth V Peel 7 years 7 months ago #103778

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
Peel look pretty well stocked up with Freo boys.....thought Shepherd in the budget a few weeks back said wasnt great to see so many Peel "locals" putting their best foot forward......now down to 2 or 3 now..... :lol:

Elimination final East Perth V Peel 7 years 7 months ago #103781

• Roman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 149
TABtouch odds for this game:
PT $1.34
EP $3.10

Elimination final East Perth V Peel 7 years 7 months ago #103786

• waflfootyfacts
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 257
In case you missed it on my previews thread, here's my preview...

waflfootyfacts.net/previewsef.php

Cheers

Ric

• Page:
Moderators: royallucky

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 464 guests and 3 members online

• swansfan4life
  • Shark Tragic
  • one time only

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma