Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Best local player since 1980 7 years 7 months ago #101545

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2872
SS I still shake my head in disbelief whenever I drive past Perth Oval and see it is a futbal and bum sniffers sports ground now!
For a club that was putting submissions forward to join the VFL back in the early 80s you really have to wonder.
AR was it the big Russian Alex Ishchenko you were hinting at? He along with the likes of Starcevich, Christian, Dennis, Edwards, Stephens played their best footy at other clubs in my honest opinion.
Glen Bartlett, Peter Miller & Paul Barnard were very serviceable players at the old Lotons Club.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

Best local player since 1980 7 years 7 months ago #101561

• chaddy22
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137

Beasley Hutton wrote: SS I still shake my head in disbelief whenever I drive past Perth Oval and see it is a futbal and bum sniffers sports ground now!
For a club that was putting submissions forward to join the VFL back in the early 80s you really have to wonder.
AR was it the big Russian Alex Ishchenko you were hinting at? He along with the likes of Starcevich, Christian, Dennis, Edwards, Stephens played their best footy at other clubs in my honest opinion.
Glen Bartlett, Peter Miller & Paul Barnard were very serviceable players at the old Lotons Club.

Just like Conoglio Lobb and Cameron are playing their best football at other clubs

Best local player since 1980 7 years 7 months ago #101567

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Thats great Chaddy maybe you can bring them up when AR starts a Best SD players since 1980 thread mate! :)
Not sure why an EP fella would bring up 3 SD boys names in an EP thread :blink: surely you could think of at least 1 good one from your own stable since 1980? :unsure:

Best local player since 1980 7 years 7 months ago #101571

• ArkRoyal
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
BH -- that was him-- I would also put in Craig Edwards

Best local player since 1980 7 years 7 months ago #101580

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920
David Bain was a great little player, he and Richard Dennis won our primary school many a lightning carnival down at Perth Oval in the late 70's......always thought Dennis was gonna be the one to win a Sandover out of the two.....though he did win a VFL premiership, unlike Bainy.....

Last edit: by Freezin.

Best local player since 1980 7 years 7 months ago #101582

• chaddy22
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137

Beasley Hutton wrote: Thats great Chaddy maybe you can bring them up when AR starts a Best SD players since 1980 thread mate! :)
Not sure why an EP fella would bring up 3 SD boys names in an EP thread :blink: surely you could think of at least 1 good one from your own stable since 1980? :unsure:

Let me spell lit out for you .Starcevich,Dennis, and Christian played very little footy at East Perth because they decided to go to victorain clubs very early rather then play for the eagles.I am sure in the future coniglio , lobb and Cameron may be great players but remembered as playing for a afl club and not great swans players.That's the way it is since 87.

Best local player since 1980 7 years 7 months ago #101584

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Why the need to spell it out to me I know what your on about ..the fact is you have now commented twice mentioning SD boys both times and are still YET to name YOUR EP best since 80 :blink: do I have to SPELL IT OUT TO YOU A 3rd TIME ol mate?
Sheesh it is not that hard to do is it? ...even for an EP supporter!! :whistle:

Best local player since 1980 7 years 7 months ago #101586

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Freezin wrote: David Bain was a great little player, he and Richard Dennis won our primary school many a lightning carnival down at Perth Oval in the late 70's......always thought Dennis was gonna be the one to win a Sandover out of the two.....though he did win a VFL premiership, unlike Bainy.....

Gees Freeze maybe Flea Bain & Rocky Dennis were even better players than I thought ..to cover for your inadequacies in trying in vain to contain Messrs Starcevich & Holmes respectively and still managed to pull off a win in the Lightning Carnival for ML they must have both been superstars! :cheer:

Best local player since 1980 7 years 7 months ago #101588

• ArkRoyal
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
I would not say that Christian played very little for EP: he played 82 games.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton, gtrxuone

Best local player since 1980 7 years 7 months ago #101601

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1327
Ark Richard Dennis was playing league footy at 16 he would of played over 50 games for Ep.
Freeze did you play juniors for Maylands.

Moderators: royallucky

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 331 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes