Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

another good day for the colts and ressies 7 years 10 months ago #95180

• Grump
  • Grump's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381
Good wins to the boys albeit in the colts a catch up win after Subi started so very well.

Subi colts looked on the money for the first quarter but after a not unsurprising serve from the coach started to claw their way back into the game. Given, from what I have been told, that subi's colts coaching has been in a little trouble they seemed to have gelled and were hard at the ball and the man. The EP boys worked harder and it was not surprising to see Alex, Ben and Jake lead from the from the front and have an effect from down back and on the ball. Taylor North showed why he is in the team and I thought that Dylan McKeich was our 4 quarter player.

A good solid win for the ressies with Tom Gorter pressing for a well deserved step up, Good performances from Daniel Perkins and Mitch Lague showed that the depth at the club, a thing that many foretold would be lacking, is there and will remain solid. These young men and those coming up from the colts are the future for the EPFC.
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Grump.

another good day for the colts and ressies 7 years 10 months ago #95181

• Singha
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 115
Gees grump, after what I saw yesterday there ain't much future for the former epfc. What a shadow of a former great club. Lots of profit but the soul ripped out of it. I found it depressing

another good day for the colts and ressies 7 years 10 months ago #95238

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Singha wrote: Gees grump, after what I saw yesterday there ain't much future for the former epfc. What a shadow of a former great club. Lots of profit but the soul ripped out of it. I found it depressing

I don't watch the league unless one of the colts from the past few years is making a debut.

I understand the place we are in and accept that it is not a matter of football but economics, that said I am really proud of the colts and ressies players that are EP players
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

another good day for the colts and ressies 7 years 10 months ago #95240

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 78
I wouldn't be to worried about the EPFC Singha. Although this year is a write off we are in a good position compared to most of the other teams. It's the competition as a whole and some of the clubs that are broke I worry about. The WAFL is on deaths door as we speak.

Last edit: by Larry Bird.

another good day for the colts and ressies 7 years 10 months ago #95268

• Singha
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 115

Larry Bird wrote: I wouldn't be to worried about the EPFC Singha. Although this year is a write off we are in a good position compared to most of the other teams. It's the competition as a whole and some of the clubs that are broke I worry about. The WAFL is on deaths door as we speak.

Yes, fair enough

another good day for the colts and ressies 7 years 10 months ago #95299

• chaddy22
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137

Larry Bird wrote: I wouldn't be to worried about the EPFC Singha. Although this year is a write off we are in a good position compared to most of the other teams. It's the competition as a whole and some of the clubs that are broke I worry about. The WAFL is on deaths door as we speak.

Would be really worried if we were not making any money and our ressies and colts were bottom.I think the alignment has shown that we are only in it for the money and once we get into a comfortable financial position it will create problems for those who are not.

another good day for the colts and ressies 7 years 10 months ago #95300

• chaddy22
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137

Grump wrote: Good wins to the boys albeit in the colts a catch up win after Subi started so very well.

Subi colts looked on the money for the first quarter but after a not unsurprising serve from the coach started to claw their way back into the game. Given, from what I have been told, that subi's colts coaching has been in a little trouble they seemed to have gelled and were hard at the ball and the man. The EP boys worked harder and it was not surprising to see Alex, Ben and Jake lead from the from the front and have an effect from down back and on the ball. Taylor North showed why he is in the team and I thought that Dylan McKeich was our 4 quarter player.

A good solid win for the ressies with Tom Gorter pressing for a well deserved step up, Good performances from Daniel Perkins and Mitch Lague showed that the depth at the club, a thing that many foretold would be lacking, is there and will remain solid. These young men and those coming up from the colts are the future for the EPFC.

Hey grump we had a reasonable amount of players in the initial 16's and 18's state squads. Have they finalised the squads and how many did we get in both. squads?

another good day for the colts and ressies 7 years 10 months ago #95340

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

chaddy22 wrote:

Grump wrote: Good wins to the boys albeit in the colts a catch up win after Subi started so very well.

Hey grump we had a reasonable amount of players in the initial 16's and 18's state squads. Have they finalised the squads and how many did we get in both. squads?

6 in the 18's although I am not sure all play this year with a couple in as development for next year and 5 in the 16's. I will get more details later in the day.

another good day for the colts and ressies 7 years 10 months ago #95346

• Falcon
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 154
This just shows that talented players are being held back in the colts and reserves because they cannot be elevated into the league team for obvious reasons.

But bad news for EP will be that most of them will move to other WAFL teams to get a league game at years end.

another good day for the colts and ressies 7 years 10 months ago #95354

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Falcon wrote: This just shows that talented players are being held back in the colts and reserves because they cannot be elevated into the league team for obvious reasons.

But bad news for EP will be that most of them will move to other WAFL teams to get a league game at years end.

Falcon, without wanting to be disrespectful, that is a really empty jar you are banging , everyone predicted the self same thing when the unholy alliance came into being but we have lost far less than some other clubs and have had in fact a couple of returns, David Roach being one.

Yes there is a level of frustration with some players and they have left but I can only count 2 or three who have played league elsewhere and none that are regulars apart from Freddie at Swans, his decision was an honest assessment for his career and went to a club that is at least honourable and worthy in the WAFL.

• Page:
Moderators: royallucky

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 334 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020