Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Good wins to the EPFC 7 years 11 months ago #94874

• Grump
  • Grump's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381
It was great to see the EPFC record to great wins in both grades.

The score line in the late game shows the skills and abilities of the team coached by Luke Dwyer and the game plan that when applied for the full game works well. The opposition was sadly bereft of much talent or skill but you can only beat the team against you.

The early game saw a hard slog with the boys working as hard as I have seen them work. They stuck to their guns for albeit 10 minutes of the game and a Peel team usually troublesome for us could not break the boys down. The last quarter into the gale showed how well we played. Well done to Burgo who coached the boys whilst Pickers was doing the new dad thing (Congrats to Pickers and Wife on the arrival of bubs).
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Good wins to the EPFC 7 years 11 months ago #94876

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 78
I agree Grump. Both our teams are not super talented but they play an honest brand of football.

Last edit: by Larry Bird.

Good wins to the EPFC 7 years 11 months ago #94885

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Larry Bird wrote: I agree Grump. Both our teams are not super talented but they play an honest brand of football.

The 'league' team is very talented with it being mostly the colts of the last 3 years, Omodei, Wilson et al are all players that I place a great store in, the game against Swans was a let down and showed they have to play for the whole game and I take some from the Peel encounter but given they are quite talentless at that level but a win is a win.

The colts are developing but will do so quicker than the 6 year plan at Collingwood, we have some vg good players and our depth is sound.
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Good wins to the EPFC 7 years 11 months ago #94898

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 78
I like your positive attitude on our playing stocks Grump. Sad to see the loss of Shanahan, Dent and Decke. We won't go into why but I thought those three could become better than average league players over time. Of the reserves I see Tom Gorter as the one most capable of holding his own at senior level. I may be wrong but he has impressed me with his ball use. Wilson and Omodei are in good form In the reserves but have had chances in the past for limited return. Good form is not easily rewarded at our club nowadays.

Good wins to the EPFC 7 years 11 months ago #94901

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Dent and Decke were, in all honesty, good players and could have been ..... but football was a hobby not a lifestyle.

Tommy went for the obvious reason and better luck to him, he will be a good WAFL player unlike the other who have jumped ship.

• Page:
Moderators: royallucky

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 2034 guests and one member online

• Swedgen

Newest Footy Recruits

• chaibrA
  • AbrahamErype
  • whatoma
  • ChrisGiple