Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

East Perth v Claremont Colts 8 years 1 month ago #88319

• Graeme Comerford
  • Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 13
Quite a good quality game, with 2 sides who I expect to be around the mark come the business end, with Claremont probably going to be the bench mark of the competition again.

Probably the right result in the end, with Claremont having the edge in class when needed. The 2 Claremont boys in the middle got plenty of it, Seton not as much, but used it very well when in his hands. Wright for East Perth looked a bit rushed today, and hacked it forward rather than being able to hit up a teammate. No 2 for East Perth had a big influence after half time.

Good battle in the ruck, Goddard giving his mids 1st use, however the skinny 36 for East Perth was impressive also. Powell-Pepper battled hard, however let himself down with some sloppy disposal and poor decision making at times.

Claremont are gettable, don't think their back unit ha the same class or composure as their mids and forwards.

As an aside, apart from the colts I hate East Perth as much as anyone, however today for the first time in my life I felt sorry for an East Perth player. To not score in the first quarter of the game in which the club's games record is broken was a complete disgrace. Insipid at best.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

East Perth v Claremont Colts 8 years 1 month ago #88323

• Time For a Flag
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • The VFL is not the AFL
  • Thank you received: 133
Terrible, they hate it too to be sure.. It better never come to Perth or i'm out
Victorians still laugh at West Aussies because of the way we bailed out the vfl and then allowed it to be called it the AFL!

East Perth v Claremont Colts 8 years 1 month ago #88324

• Mad Dog
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 8
Congratulations to Wulf playing his milestone game with 2-3 of his mates lol. Hang in there Wulfy,alignment will get you a flag by the time you're 50 lol

East Perth v Claremont Colts 8 years 1 month ago #88413

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381

Graeme Comerford wrote: Quite a good quality game, with 2 sides who I expect to be around the mark come the business end, with Claremont probably going to be the bench mark of the competition again.

Probably the right result in the end, with Claremont having the edge in class when needed. The 2 Claremont boys in the middle got plenty of it, Seton not as much, but used it very well when in his hands. Wright for East Perth looked a bit rushed today, and hacked it forward rather than being able to hit up a teammate. No 2 for East Perth had a big influence after half time.

Good battle in the ruck, Goddard giving his mids 1st use, however the skinny 36 for East Perth was impressive also. Powell-Pepper battled hard, however let himself down with some sloppy disposal and poor decision making at times.

Claremont are gettable, don't think their back unit ha the same class or composure as their mids and forwards.

As an aside, apart from the colts I hate East Perth as much as anyone, however today for the first time in my life I felt sorry for an East Perth player. To not score in the first quarter of the game in which the club's games record is broken was a complete disgrace. Insipid at best.

Thx GC, beat me to the punch, nothing much more to add.

Ressies were good and the 16's showed a little but again the Tigers were as always just that little more adept at the game.
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

East Perth v Claremont Colts 8 years 1 month ago #88420

• Sacko
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 15
Without sounding like I'm taking the piss out of loyal east Perth supporters like you Grump that score line is absolutely hilarious. I wonder how many actual Royal supporters are left. What a farce

East Perth v Claremont Colts 8 years 4 weeks ago #88566

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 839
Sacko if it was anything like our game against FART there would not have been more than 40 or 50 EP supporters there, down at Crab park it was all dockers colours.

East Perth v Claremont Colts 8 years 4 weeks ago #88600

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Sacko wrote: Without sounding like I'm taking the piss out of loyal east Perth supporters like you Grump that score line is absolutely hilarious. I wonder how many actual Royal supporters are left. What a farce

There were quite a few given it was Craig Wolfs game but I reckon we could be challenging the Tiggers for the least supported club after that!
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

East Perth v Claremont Colts 8 years 4 weeks ago #88607

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 78
Very sad Grump the two least supported clubs in the WAFL had the highest attendance for the round or close to it anyway. I think it is just about shut the doors time for the WAFL.

East Perth v Claremont Colts 8 years 4 weeks ago #88677

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Larry Bird wrote: Very sad Grump the two least supported clubs in the WAFL had the highest attendance for the round or close to it anyway. I think it is just about shut the doors time for the WAFL.

I would not like to suggest or even contemplate the demise of the WAFL but it is real need of a reconstruction.

The WAFC and the major shareholders need to sit down without the AFL and decide what it is that they want the WAFL to produce.

Is it entertainment, if so make it entertaining at a price that attracts the public. Perhaps free admission with the clubs needing to find ways to extract the $ of them the fans in other ways.

Is it sport of a high standard, if so restructure the League into a number of teams that have more A grade players than c graders and let face it and be honest abt it we all have players that in other times would struggle to get a game (for us it seems that many come from elsewhere at the moment).

If it is a pathway for young players to get drafted,then look to how our development games are managed. Perhaps going back in time to Colts & Thirds process gives players a better chance due to playing against better players on a regular basis, also lets face it most clubs struggle with numbers when they get to 16/17 year olds, there are exceptions.

The fact remains that whilst the alignment has not helped and certainly not EP even if others disagree, there issues where in the WAFL even before it happened.

Let the carnage begin, I can take it!

Last edit: by Grump.
  • Page:
Moderators: royallucky

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 496 guests and 5 members online

• Mr AFL
  • Success Hill
  • one time only

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky