Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Colts report for Peel vs ep 8 years 8 months ago #76663

• Grump
  • Grump's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381
Last weeks comments held even more true for this weeks game.

It was like watching boys against men, men who knew what to do when and why. The running to position and support for each other was very good and we, apart from a few, did little.

The boys who came from the country Ralston and Wilson, with Stack and Lewis tried hard but without support from the WHOLE team ( on and off the ground) they had little chance. The other usual suspects did well but Peel just knew where to be!

Two comments about the game, whoever plays Peel in the finals they are prone to do the niggle stuff but a couple of times it went beyond what is acceptable, the sly kick in the calf in packs along with the odd knee to quads, sam mitchell style. The other comment is about the umpires. I thought that the idea of having three umpires was that they positioned themselves so that they had the ground and all sides of packs covered. The head high tackles, at least 5, and subsequent frees would not have change the game but you need to do the job correctly and not half rrs'd!
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Colts report for Peel vs ep 8 years 8 months ago #76664

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 78
Grump if you have time can you elaborate on team selections. It appears the colts are giving younger players and some of the less talented squad members some opportunities.

Colts report for Peel vs ep 8 years 8 months ago #76667

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Larry Bird wrote: Grump if you have time can you elaborate on team selections. It appears the colts are giving younger players and some of the less talented squad members some opportunities.

Larry a very loaded question and as a trainer the selection process is nothing to do with me.

I am always supportive of boys being given a game to see what they have to offer and where they need development but it works for the younger players and also the already boys who have been in the process from last year and in some cases the year before.

It is about development but for the next level as well.
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Colts report for Peel vs ep 8 years 8 months ago #76668

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015
Grump would be interested to get your thoughts on any young players you have seen this year that have stood out from the pack and might be able to make an impact at the league level next year. Hinchcliffe from West Perth seems to have been mentioned a lot by their supporters. I know you have only seen teams other than East Perth 2 - 3 times but would appreciate any of your observations.

Colts report for Peel vs ep 8 years 8 months ago #76674

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874
Mike Hinchcliffe is a good player no doubt with a strong squat body which stands out at Colts level but it must be remembered he is an overage Colt turning 19 this year playing against a lot of under developed physically 16 & 17 year olds where he can use his body strength to good effect and he is also a pretty good runner. He is also a very good young cricketer as pointed out by freeze it will be interesting to see which path he takes, though it must be nice to be in that position.

Colts report for Peel vs ep 8 years 8 months ago #76679

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 78
Thank you Grump, I have noticed many kids I have not seen before over the last couple of weeks. I know you have more background on them. I believe Stan Wright could play league football now if required.

Colts report for Peel vs ep 8 years 8 months ago #76682

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Larry Bird wrote: Thank you Grump, I have noticed many kids I have not seen before over the last couple of weeks. I know you have more background on them. I believe Stan Wright could play league football now if required.

Stan is a good 16/17 year old but needs that little more maturity and understanding about the team, he tries to do too much when a simple thing maybe the better option. He would be worth a run at reserves, oh and he is training with the league squad.

Colts report for Peel vs ep 8 years 8 months ago #76683

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

mikeh wrote: Grump would be interested to get your thoughts on any young players you have seen this year that have stood out from the pack and might be able to make an impact at the league level next year. Hinchcliffe from West Perth seems to have been mentioned a lot by their supporters. I know you have only seen teams other than East Perth 2 - 3 times but would appreciate any of your observations.

Hinchcliffe did well against us and perhaps in a swans/tiggers team he would do better or just be a run of the mill player. he is hard at it and a little of mongrl but is my height so not sure he is ready for the higher level. I would prefer a couple of Swans boys over him.

Colts report for Peel vs ep 8 years 8 months ago #76684

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Beasley Hutton wrote: Mike Hinchcliffe is a good player no doubt with a strong squat body which stands out at Colts level but it must be remembered he is an overage Colt turning 19 this year playing against a lot of under developed physically 16 & 17 year olds where he can use his body strength to good effect and he is also a pretty good runner. He is also a very good young cricketer as pointed out by freeze it will be interesting to see which path he takes, though it must be nice to be in that position.

BH like the Borrello lad, chose cricket and truthfully have not heard of him since, that said he is still under 40 so won't be in the aus team for at least 20 years

Last edit: by Grump.

Colts report for Peel vs ep 8 years 8 months ago #76687

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874

Grump wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote: Mike Hinchcliffe is a good player no doubt with a strong squat body which stands out at Colts level but it must be remembered he is an overage Colt turning 19 this year playing against a lot of under developed physically 16 & 17 year olds where he can use his body strength to good effect and he is also a pretty good runner. He is also a very good young cricketer as pointed out by freeze it will be interesting to see which path he takes, though it must be nice to be in that position.

BH like the Borrello lad, chose cricket and truthfully have not heard of him since, that said he is still under 40 so won't be in the aus team for at least 20 years

Sadly you are right Grump we are like the Poms in the 80s Dads Army :(

• Page:
Moderators: royallucky

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 386 guests and one member online

• Success Hill

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL