Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Colts Report - EP Vs Subi 8 years 9 months ago #73655

• Grump
  • Grump's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381
Having 30 more possessions, playing with a more heart than last week and an influx of newer players did not seem to help. The same lack of TEAM processes, Team work ethic and direction brought about the same outcome.

Subiaco had Greg Clark and for me he was the catalyst for Subi Colts being able to make the better decisions when it mattered. It was not that he kicked or handballed to himself but he was able to bring his team mates into the the game when in counted,

Other for Subi that impressed where their captain Beverley, Chapman in the ruck and Burnett.

Stan Wright once again showed he is a player of the future along with the other usual suspects Connor, Dipper and Dobson. Taylor North showed more promise of things to come along with Ben Miller. Steve Murphy and Hewey tried hard and that is all that can be expected when some are just not upto it despite theirs and others opinions.
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Colts Report - EP Vs Subi 8 years 9 months ago #73657

• Graeme Comerford
  • Thank you received: 13
Watched the game yesterday, East Perth spread well from a contest, and also very disciplined with the feedback hands from a contest. Had the feeling East Perth would control the game after half time when the dew on the ground would be less of an issue.
1st quarter lots of fumbling from both teams, due to dew, East Perth gained control in the second quarter. However a six or seven minute patch late saw Subi kick 3 or 4 goals to have a handy lead at half tome. Lawrence (6) for Subi had some important touches and forward entries during this patch, while the big fella Foley (23). while didn't take a mark, hit the contest with real ferocity, and Silvestro's (24) work at ground level, where he forced turnovers just with his competitiveness allowed Subi to get the lead.
Stan Wright was exceptional for East Perth, however I think East Perth let Subi off the hook. Royals had real problems taking a mark up forward in the second half, apart from an exceptional grab from Eaton? (18). Cast my mind back to a practice game early n the year when they isolated Stan in the forward 50, he kicked about 4 or 5. Thought East Perth would do that in the last quarter, didn't happen though. Case of robbing Peter to pay Paul perhaps.
Had read previous comments about the ruckmen from East Perth. Very tall boys, but very light, and dropped many easy marks. The 30 took one up forward early in the last, but was a chest mark, held his ground well, but would rather the both of them clunked them above their heads. Not crashing packs either, though this can be developed or will come with confidence, 1st time i've seen Foley do it for Subi this year. Chapman for Subi definately had the better of the ruck duels.
Good news for East Perth, the better performers are predominantly 17 year olds. Wright as mentioned, Dobson has improved his game significantly, De Campo gets a lot of it, issue with his kicking though, a few flour baggers when kicking long, sits in the air too long when going shorter, has been an issue for him for a while. Di Placido racks them up. Was impressed with Miller, came back well after receiving a heavy but fair hit early in the first. Spread and cover around the footy a lot better than Subi, but as Grump mentioned they don't bat deep. A couple of boys from the 16's - Nicolou and Stack, could add some real outside pace and put defences under pressure with their ability to break lines. Have a couple of big units with strong bodies in the 16's group as well. Should be a very strong unit next year.
For Subi, impressed with Silvestro, Subi scrapped for goals and his pressure was the cause for about 4 or 5 of their goals. Clarke, as mentioned by Grump, a lot of it and able to bring teammates into it, Chapman in the ruck, Burnett good all year, and Beverley is an absolute gem of a footballer and leader, and Foley's ability to hit packs hard was extremely important.
Apologies about the novel.

Colts Report - EP Vs Subi 8 years 9 months ago #73668

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374
Great stuff fellas, really appreciate the detailed unbiased analysis of the game. Hope it creates a precedent for future in depth reporting of colts footy on this site for all sides. I'll do my best to return serve from SD games.

Colts Report - EP Vs Subi 8 years 9 months ago #73673

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874
I noticed Della Franca didn't play for your boys yesterday Grump.

Colts Report - EP Vs Subi 8 years 9 months ago #73697

• Grump
  • Grump's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381

Beasley Hutton wrote: I noticed Della Franca didn't play for your boys yesterday Grump.

Something abt maturity and a little lack of it!
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Colts Report - EP Vs Subi 8 years 9 months ago #73750

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 78
Graeme Comerford that is a great post. Really refreshing to see a well informed, honest unbiased opinion. Free from any agenda or personality differences. Grump I must admit I was not happy with the boys on Saturday, I didn't think they tried hard enough.

• Page:
Moderators: royallucky

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 886 guests and 3 members online

• Senior Seagull
  • Success Hill
  • Swedgen

Newest Footy Recruits

• ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag