Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Grump...lets talk colts footy 8 years 9 months ago #73477

• Dirty Weekender
  • Dirty Weekender's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374
G'day mate....im not an early riser and whilst having seen a few games of colts footy at SD this year I am not one of the 3 on this site who pays particular attention to the competition aside from players at the club I support. Whilst I assume most of your knowledge involves EP players at the level just wondering if you have noticed any stand out players from the other clubs within the competition as well as your own. Would love to get an insight from somebody who is involved at the level as to who some of the future stars of the WAFL may be from around the grounds, Whilst some of the state U18's are clearly stand outs who may head to the AFL system immediately I'd be interested to hear of any observations of yours at this stage of season 2015 if you'd care to indulge me, Happy to share some footy talk with you and avoid the other bs to be honest.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Grump...lets talk colts footy 8 years 9 months ago #73495

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381

Dirty Weekender wrote: G'day mate....im not an early riser and whilst having seen a few games of colts footy at SD this year I am not one of the 3 on this site who pays particular attention to the competition aside from players at the club I support. Whilst I assume most of your knowledge involves EP players at the level just wondering if you have noticed any stand out players from the other clubs within the competition as well as your own. Would love to get an insight from somebody who is involved at the level as to who some of the future stars of the WAFL may be from around the grounds, Whilst some of the state U18's are clearly stand outs who may head to the AFL system immediately I'd be interested to hear of any observations of yours at this stage of season 2015 if you'd care to indulge me, Happy to share some footy talk with you and avoid the other bs to be honest.

DW I will do the best I can as each game is played.

There are a number of boys around that impress, the ones I mentioned last week from Swans Daniels, Shorter and Stewart.

I will try to be more 'observant' about the other theams players, sometimes a little blinkered.
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Grump...lets talk colts footy 8 years 9 months ago #73497

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Understand the blinkers mate, hence the need to ask you the question. Even at the league level I still find myself reaching for the budget constantly to check numbers to see who the hell is carving up against us. Occasionally one sticks out so much like number 23 last week which turned out to be Matt Rosa who wasn't listed in the budget. The big tall ruckman last week in your colts team, #30 the kid from Nolla from memory caught my eye last week. Not because he was particularly great on the day but in a couple of instances I saw a little bit of mongrel in him which isn't a bad thing to have as a big bloke.

Grump...lets talk colts footy 8 years 9 months ago #73499

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 78
Daniels and Gillard impressed me last week against Swans. My thoughts where that Swans looked more physically mature at times they played like men against boys. East Perth limited the damage in the second half but I feel Swans eased up a fraction. In the young Royals defence they missed the grunt of Decampo and Wright. Interesting thoughts on #30 DW he is very easily distracted by some push and shove then he is basically a spectator.

Grump...lets talk colts footy 8 years 9 months ago #73515

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
A couple of instances in the second half Larry where he showed a bit of frustration. Did very little to influence the game in reality but went at the opposition with some added grunt a couple of times in front of the members area in the second half, albeit when second to the ball. Caught me eye for this reason alone.

Grump...lets talk colts footy 8 years 9 months ago #73661

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381
I think that Subi could, should play Greg Clarke in the seniors. It would be a next step in his development, he has a big enough body to run through the mid field and has the nous to play against men. Very impressed.
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Grump...lets talk colts footy 8 years 9 months ago #73847

• Grassroots
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 11
Some upsets in the Colts over the weekend with all four winners being lower on the ladder than the teams they defeated.

I would suggest that it has been a long time if ever since that happened.

The return of state players obviously had little affect and that may have been due to some very tired boys and perhaps a few getting ahead of themselves after their state campaigns.

As it stands there now appears little between the top five with Peel the big improvers over recent weeks.

• Page:
Moderators: royallucky

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 578 guests and one member online

• Demons Forever

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL