Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Swans Colts were great 8 years 9 months ago #73162

• Grump
  • Grump's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381

Beasley Hutton wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Larry Bird wrote: I'm just a supporter Rocky so I can offer an opinion. Just a general statement but the guys every year that don't get much of a go are limited players. The current coach is more likely to play these kids to reward persistence than most coaches. Parents and junior sport is always a battle I would say EP should run with a smaller colts squad and supplement if required. The more kids you have the lower the quality of your set up.

How many players did Swans' in the colts last season?

We must have had even more play Colts so far this year 42. Those poor parents from Ellenbrook must be seething at the WAFC! :evil:

BH the boys from Ellenbrook have had a fair run so far this season, so I reckon they would be ok with their representation. Merit is a good basis for selection and not location although that seems at times not to be the case.
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Swans Colts were great 8 years 9 months ago #73197

• Mad Dog
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 8

swan42 wrote:

Larry Bird wrote: I'm just a supporter Rocky so I can offer an opinion. Just a general statement but the guys every year that don't get much of a go are limited players. The current coach is more likely to play these kids to reward persistence than most coaches. Parents and junior sport is always a battle I would say EP should run with a smaller colts squad and supplement if required. The more kids you have the lower the quality of your set up.

We've had around 40 play this year and none to reward persistence! It also hasn'tlowered the quality of our set up,rather shows how good it is!

Swans Colts were great 8 years 9 months ago #73198

• Mad Dog
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 8

Mad Dog wrote:

swan42 wrote:

We've had around 40 play this year and none to reward persistence! It also hasn'tlowered the quality of our set up,rather shows how good it is!

I see your point but Larry,not much to gain in having too many colts kids when there is nowhere for them to go!

Swans Colts were great 8 years 9 months ago #73208

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

I just wrote a quite lengthy response abt my opinion of persistence and the colts programme but fortunately it was lost by a system crash!
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Swans Colts were great 8 years 9 months ago #73217

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874

Grump wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote:

swan42 wrote:

We must have had even more play Colts so far this year 42. Those poor parents from Ellenbrook must be seething at the WAFC! :evil:

BH the boys from Ellenbrook have had a fair run so far this season, so I reckon they would be ok with their representation. Merit is a good basis for selection and not location although that seems at times not to be the case.

Grump I did notice there were quite a few Ellenbrook boys in the "EP" Colts squad but it was after they finish their time at that level I was having a non to subtle dig at especially in light of your *cough* ceo's comments on the weekend about receiving even more concessions for out of zone players because apparently having at any point some 44 WCE boys isn't merely enough for him! :blink:

Swans Colts were great 8 years 9 months ago #73221

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Beasley Hutton wrote:

Grump wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Grump I did notice there were quite a few Ellenbrook boys in the "EP" Colts squad but it was after they finish their time at that level I was having a non to subtle dig at especially in light of your *cough* ceo's comments on the weekend about receiving even more concessions for out of zone players because apparently having at any point some 44 WCE boys isn't merely enough for him! :blink:

Sorry young man I just get scratchy abt the colts and am a bit more at the mo'

Swans Colts were great 8 years 9 months ago #73229

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 78
I don't get the whole Ellenbrook angle. Swans have plenty of junior depth at the moment. EP has around 10 Ellenbrook kids in the colts squad, Grump may have the exact number. To give these kids a position in the Swans set up which of your colts would you like to cut.

Swans Colts were great 8 years 9 months ago #73231

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Larry Bird wrote: I don't get the whole Ellenbrook angle. Swans have plenty of junior depth at the moment. EP has around 10 Ellenbrook kids in the colts squad, Grump may have the exact number. To give these kids a position in the Swans set up which of your colts would you like to cut.

LB how many Ellenbrook colts' players did you have last year. Of those 10 players this year how many could possibly play league this year or next? To put it into perspective Swans have had around 14 or so debutants this year so far.

Swans Colts were great 8 years 9 months ago #73236

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 78
Last year probably half that number, which I think is exciting for young players from Ellenbrook knowing that they can play WAFL colts. I agree league berths are hard to come by but the opportunity to develop in the reserves or to later move to other clubs is viable. I think the lack of respect shown to reserves football is a danger to the WAFL going forward. Players are not happy to play a couple of years in the reserves to improve physically. I note the players that transferred from EP to Swans last year are playing reserves. Can I have your feedback on why that is the case. Also Tony Kalimaris who moved to Swans for league football is he injured?

Swans Colts were great 8 years 9 months ago #73243

• Freezin
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
Pretty obvious as to why those ex EP boys are playing reserves at SD LB.....all those ex colts boys are blocking their way to the league side.....not too sure what is more demoralising......having AFL boys getting dibs on games before you or a raw teenager getting a game before you.......guess Perth or EF will be their next port of call for a game of league footy :lol:

Moderators: royallucky

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 488 guests and 7 members online

• Royals78
  • Freezin
  • Demons Forever
  • Success Hill
  • TheFeds
  • Swansfan

Newest Footy Recruits