Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

East Perth Dean Cadwallader banned for four years 8 years 9 months ago #72787

• UNKA2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 116

Senior Seagull wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Grump wrote:

screemar wrote: what shits me is that the coaching staff at the ferals would have known what this fellow was up to. the bloke had muscles in his shit and shit in his muscles and we all could see it, but not the feral coaching staff. the ferals will do anything to win a game, that's why they have no soul.

Screemar I am not sure that you can assert that the club knew what he was doing, from what I understand the club, players and management, were certainly shocked at the revelation and more than satisfied with the penalty.

My concern for the colts and all clubs is that the drug issue surrounding recreational drugs is becoming one that I am not sure is being handled correctly in our industry let alone the community.

Personally I find the whole issue with this muppet one that in the end the club can do so much but the individual needs to be strong enough, sensible enough and smart enough to walk away from the temptation.

It is easy to judge the whole club by this idiots behaviour and folk will and are but do we judge your club and subi by the violence (reasons not withstanding).

Grump as you are more involved with the colts' players than most on here perhaps you could comment on the following. I think that the ever increasing pressure to be drafted at 18 or you ar 'over the hill' is one reason why younger players may be tempted towards taking steroids. The other side of the equation is the proliferation of illicit drugs throughout society.

I think your on the mark 42, the pressures on these kids is immense and many are not mature enough to deal with that pressure, the draft age should be raised to 20 and a lot of this stuff could be avoided. You mention illicit drugs but the drug that caused the most damage is a legal drug ... alcohol, recent figures out of a Victorian study show that in the last year there were around 60+ hospitalisations due to meth type drugs compared to 660+ for alcohol. Time they stopped referring to it as drugs and alcohol, it's drugs like alcohol that are severly damaging society and have done so for many many decades.

But the brave gutsy hard pollies etc we have pick on smoking ( easy target) i too believe smoking is very harmful, hardly holds a candle to what damage Alcahol does to not only to the "taker" but people around them in violence and death.Dont see to many smokers klling people on the road from smoking too many cigs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

East Perth Dean Cadwallader banned for four years 8 years 9 months ago #72834

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 839

UNKA2 wrote:

Senior Seagull wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Grump wrote:

screemar wrote: what shits me is that the coaching staff at the ferals would have known what this fellow was up to. the bloke had muscles in his shit and shit in his muscles and we all could see it, but not the feral coaching staff. the ferals will do anything to win a game, that's why they have no soul.

Screemar I am not sure that you can assert that the club knew what he was doing, from what I understand the club, players and management, were certainly shocked at the revelation and more than satisfied with the penalty.

My concern for the colts and all clubs is that the drug issue surrounding recreational drugs is becoming one that I am not sure is being handled correctly in our industry let alone the community.

Personally I find the whole issue with this muppet one that in the end the club can do so much but the individual needs to be strong enough, sensible enough and smart enough to walk away from the temptation.

It is easy to judge the whole club by this idiots behaviour and folk will and are but do we judge your club and subi by the violence (reasons not withstanding).

Grump as you are more involved with the colts' players than most on here perhaps you could comment on the following. I think that the ever increasing pressure to be drafted at 18 or you ar 'over the hill' is one reason why younger players may be tempted towards taking steroids. The other side of the equation is the proliferation of illicit drugs throughout society.

I think your on the mark 42, the pressures on these kids is immense and many are not mature enough to deal with that pressure, the draft age should be raised to 20 and a lot of this stuff could be avoided. You mention illicit drugs but the drug that caused the most damage is a legal drug ... alcohol, recent figures out of a Victorian study show that in the last year there were around 60+ hospitalisations due to meth type drugs compared to 660+ for alcohol. Time they stopped referring to it as drugs and alcohol, it's drugs like alcohol that are severly damaging society and have done so for many many decades.

But the brave gutsy hard pollies etc we have pick on smoking ( easy target) i too believe smoking is very harmful, hardly holds a candle to what damage Alcahol does to not only to the "taker" but people around them in violence and death.Dont see to many smokers klling people on the road from smoking too many cigs.

Unka, there's just too many $$ tied up in tax on durries and booze for the govt to go too hard, plus there is massive business and employment around alcohol so it will never get banned or massively restricted beyond what we have. The only answer is education from an early age.

East Perth Dean Cadwallader banned for four years 8 years 9 months ago #72857

• Theouterseagull
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Beasley Hutton wrote: Travis Casserly should sue this mob of useless incompetents at the WAFL who gave him a 2 year suspension for taking a sudafed tablet whilst the filthy feral WART Codswalloper has deliberately taken and been caught twice now for steroid & illegal stimulant use and copped the same susp then second time around is only doubled! :blink:

1 Sudafed????
Really????
Just 1
Was it the size of an Oreo?

East Perth Dean Cadwallader banned for four years 8 years 9 months ago #72858

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874

Theouterseagull wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote: Travis Casserly should sue this mob of useless incompetents at the WAFL who gave him a 2 year suspension for taking a sudafed tablet whilst the filthy feral WART Codswalloper has deliberately taken and been caught twice now for steroid & illegal stimulant use and copped the same susp then second time around is only doubled! :blink:

1 Sudafed????
Really????
Just 1

A current Gold Coast player from the Peel region would have been right at home at your mob in the Chick, Fletcher & co years judging by the pics to hit the press tomorrow!! :whistle:

East Perth Dean Cadwallader banned for four years 8 years 9 months ago #72861

• Theouterseagull
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Beasley Hutton wrote:

Theouterseagull wrote:

1 Sudafed????
Really????
Just 1

A current Gold Coast player from the Peel region would have been right at home at your mob in the Chick, Fletcher & co years judging by the pics to hit the press tomorrow!! :whistle:

Harley and his booger sugar is old news mate.

Chick, Fletch, Cousins, Braun, Embley etc. They all knew how to have a good time. What they do in their down time is their business, it's when you use stimulants before a game (or GF you win by a very small margin) that's when it's a problem.

East Perth Dean Cadwallader banned for four years 8 years 9 months ago #72952

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381

swan42 wrote:

Grump wrote:

Swan42 as always the right and on the mark question.

Yes I think that the pressure from parents, coaches, mates and the football community places enormous pressure on boys to think that if I have not been picked in the 16's, state schoolboys ( but being picked by teachers ..... ) and then the 17's and and18's means sees some just go oh well that is it. Others work out that there is a chance to play WAFL league and they see that as an accomplishment, albeit in 2 clubs that diminishes.

I also think that some folk don't accept that recreational drugs are rife in the community and the boys in ALL clubs, rich poor, PSA and not PSA, spoilt etc are in contact with someone at their age using some form of drugs, even mummy and daddy.

I think that what needs to happen is the reducing of the big slap mentality and a move to an education, take drugs and this what happens to you, physiologically and psychologically and in terms of the future opportunities in life.

We will not stop it but we can hopefully tell the boys of all the consequences and not just oh u can't play football. It has to be a bigger picture thing, it has to be over a number of weeks, it has to be compulsory and it has to be run by folk that the boys can relate to, not teacher and certainly not look at me types. They need to get someone like an ex player who can talk about their experiences.
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Moderators: royallucky

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 826 guests and 2 members online

• Demons Forever
  • Success Hill

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL