Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

East Perth Dean Cadwallader banned for four years 8 years 9 months ago #72470

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 78
Some of these comments are ridiculous and should be taken down. Dean never had any muscle to start with, his second offence was not a steroid but a recreational drug. The club couldn't do much more but I agree this guys talent was elite. The AFL clubs where mobbing him and telling him to increase his weight before the draft. I think this may have contributed to him going down the steroid path.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Larry Bird.

East Perth Dean Cadwallader banned for four years 8 years 9 months ago #72478

• Mad Dog
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 8
This may be a silly question but is he allowed to play Amatuers? Or any other sport?

East Perth Dean Cadwallader banned for four years 8 years 9 months ago #72479

• Southerner
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1191
Only info available is that he is banned from the Australian Rules Football code for 4 years backdated to the positive test date (until late September 2018)

You would think that it would be highly unlikely any other code of sport would accept his registration with this penalty mate

East Perth Dean Cadwallader banned for four years 8 years 9 months ago #72671

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381

screemar wrote: what shits me is that the coaching staff at the ferals would have known what this fellow was up to. the bloke had muscles in his shit and shit in his muscles and we all could see it, but not the feral coaching staff. the ferals will do anything to win a game, that's why they have no soul.

Screemar I am not sure that you can assert that the club knew what he was doing, from what I understand the club, players and management, were certainly shocked at the revelation and more than satisfied with the penalty.

My concern for the colts and all clubs is that the drug issue surrounding recreational drugs is becoming one that I am not sure is being handled correctly in our industry let alone the community.

Personally I find the whole issue with this muppet one that in the end the club can do so much but the individual needs to be strong enough, sensible enough and smart enough to walk away from the temptation.

It is easy to judge the whole club by this idiots behaviour and folk will and are but do we judge your club and subi by the violence (reasons not withstanding).
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

East Perth Dean Cadwallader banned for four years 8 years 9 months ago #72693

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 355
People need to start taking responsibility for themselves too.
It should not be up to a sporting organisation to say do this, don't do that on a players personal life outside the playing field. Everyone knows right from wrong, or they bloody should do! Without commenting on any specific person, people need to be more mature and mentally stronger. If lessons were not learned from the first ban, the question is why not?!

East Perth Dean Cadwallader banned for four years 8 years 9 months ago #72698

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1543
agree Grump..I would think it highly unlikely the club would be across the problem...christ if Cousins can get away with it for years as a full professional, what hope does a semi professional WAFL club have?

Last edit: by BC.

East Perth Dean Cadwallader banned for four years 8 years 9 months ago #72699

• Grassroots
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 11
Cousins got away with it only because the Eagles hierarchy turned a blind eye and did not want to address the issue.

East Perth Dean Cadwallader banned for four years 8 years 9 months ago #72702

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Grump wrote:

screemar wrote: what shits me is that the coaching staff at the ferals would have known what this fellow was up to. the bloke had muscles in his shit and shit in his muscles and we all could see it, but not the feral coaching staff. the ferals will do anything to win a game, that's why they have no soul.

Screemar I am not sure that you can assert that the club knew what he was doing, from what I understand the club, players and management, were certainly shocked at the revelation and more than satisfied with the penalty.

My concern for the colts and all clubs is that the drug issue surrounding recreational drugs is becoming one that I am not sure is being handled correctly in our industry let alone the community.

Personally I find the whole issue with this muppet one that in the end the club can do so much but the individual needs to be strong enough, sensible enough and smart enough to walk away from the temptation.

It is easy to judge the whole club by this idiots behaviour and folk will and are but do we judge your club and subi by the violence (reasons not withstanding).

Grump as you are more involved with the colts' players than most on here perhaps you could comment on the following. I think that the ever increasing pressure to be drafted at 18 or you ar 'over the hill' is one reason why younger players may be tempted towards taking steroids. The other side of the equation is the proliferation of illicit drugs throughout society.

East Perth Dean Cadwallader banned for four years 8 years 8 months ago #72778

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 836

Grassroots wrote: Cousins got away with it only because the Eagles hierarchy turned a blind eye and did not want to address the issue.

Cousins was tested again and again but never showed a positive, that's why sportsman/women take meth and coke as it's out of the system within 24hrs, dope stays in the system for a month. They can do a follicle test for meth type drugs as it is detectable for some time in the hair but I believe it's time consuming and costly so they stick with the piss tests.

East Perth Dean Cadwallader banned for four years 8 years 8 months ago #72779

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 836

swan42 wrote:

Grump wrote:

Grump as you are more involved with the colts' players than most on here perhaps you could comment on the following. I think that the ever increasing pressure to be drafted at 18 or you ar 'over the hill' is one reason why younger players may be tempted towards taking steroids. The other side of the equation is the proliferation of illicit drugs throughout society.

I think your on the mark 42, the pressures on these kids is immense and many are not mature enough to deal with that pressure, the draft age should be raised to 20 and a lot of this stuff could be avoided. You mention illicit drugs but the drug that caused the most damage is a legal drug ... alcohol, recent figures out of a Victorian study show that in the last year there were around 60+ hospitalisations due to meth type drugs compared to 660+ for alcohol. Time they stopped referring to it as drugs and alcohol, it's drugs like alcohol that are severly damaging society and have done so for many many decades.

Moderators: royallucky

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 322 guests and 3 members online

• screemar
  • one time only

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma