Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

How well are East Perth doing under AFL Alignments 8 years 11 months ago #68211

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2017

chaddy22 wrote:

mikeh wrote:

chaddy22 wrote:

astro wrote: What planet are you on. Ask the 20 odd players who have departed EP in the past 18 months.

And players have not departed the g7 to play in the country for better money or other g7 clubs for opportunities.I think a few swannies went to $ubiaco for better opportunities.

Surely you are not talking about Twomey and Robinson Chaddy? :S

Didn't go to $ubi for the $$money but the opportunity.The opportunity to play in a grand final.

Do you know them personally then? You seem to know a lot about their motivation. Playing in a GF wouldnt be a new experience for either of them as they were both 2010 premiership players

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

How well are East Perth doing under AFL Alignments 8 years 11 months ago #68221

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
LB: the point I would make is that you can't compare EP and the other clubs because of the alignment. As I understand it, EP cannot recruit outside their zone so long as they finish in the top three. This means, that, over time, the club my have no such players in its squad. In short, EP is in a position where it is forced to play local players and is at the whim of the WCE for its other players. Feel free to correct where I am wrong.

I am glad Subiaco does not have to abide by such rules.

Last edit: by ArkRoyal.

How well are East Perth doing under AFL Alignments 8 years 11 months ago #68227

• astro
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 45
Larry you are full of it and everyone on this forum knows kids at EP have restricted opportunities due to alignment.

How well are East Perth doing under AFL Alignments 8 years 11 months ago #68230

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874

astro wrote: Larry you are full of it and everyone on this forum knows kids at EP have restricted opportunities due to alignment.

I think you will find "Larry" is just towing the company line as he is paid to do Astro!

How well are East Perth doing under AFL Alignments 8 years 11 months ago #68233

• Barney
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0

Beasley Hutton wrote:

astro wrote: Larry you are full of it and everyone on this forum knows kids at EP have restricted opportunities due to alignment.

I think you will find "Larry" is just towing the company line as he is paid to do Astro!

Trying to think of those that left due to "restricted opportunities" that have earned regular opportunities elsewhere.Is Brock Higgins the only one that has regular league games for other WAFL clubs? We don't have any at Subi.

Maybe those that are leaving due to "restricted opportunities" at EP just aren't good enough?

How well are East Perth doing under AFL Alignments 8 years 11 months ago #68237

• astro
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 45
Spin it as you like Barney. Fact is WCE players play first regardless of form and others make up the numbers. Just WCE wanted it.

How well are East Perth doing under AFL Alignments 8 years 11 months ago #68243

• Colts Coach
  • Thank you received: 0

Beasley Hutton wrote:

I think you will find "Larry" is just towing the company line as he is paid to do Astro![/quote

I may not be 100 percent accurate here but East Perth colts players born after July 1, 1993 (the last 3 years plus this years) who played on the weekend for East perth reserves was 20 players and 4 for league. Swans had 5 in the league and 12 in the reserves. Swans 5 league players are younger than the 4 from East Perth. So it's not all doom and gloom if your a East Perth colts player.

How well are East Perth doing under AFL Alignments 8 years 11 months ago #68245

• Southerner
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1194
Yeah that's not all gloom & doom - only just 85% of them will never get a chance going by that

How well are East Perth doing under AFL Alignments 8 years 11 months ago #68254

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
I will repeat myself. EP has a higher number of players from its zone in its squad because of the alignment. It is the only way the Commission can maintain the pretence that the club is still EP; in addition, the club is prevented from recruiting outside it zone to avoid it becoming too strong. It is because of these important facts that you can't compare the composition of EP's squad with any the G-7.

You can't compare apples and oranges.

Cutting to the heart of the matter: the transition between EP reserves and EP league-- well it does not matter how many juniors the club has played at the lower levels, as, at league level, the club becomes the EP/Eagles. You see EP supporters on here complaining about it all the time -- all those Eagles players they are forced to play ahead of their own EP players.

The end result of all this is that, juniors from one district have less chance of playing league football than other juniors from other clubs, we have a club which will be divided against itself for all time, and, taking the wider view, a competition which is completely distorted.

In short, so long as the alignment exists -- and this also applies to the Peel Dockers -- whether EP/E finish first or last, their achievement will be, at least, in the eyes of most whom follow the WAFL illegitimate.

How well are East Perth doing under AFL Alignments 8 years 11 months ago #68255

• chaddy22
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137

Southerner wrote: Yeah that's not all gloom & doom - only just 85% of them will never get a chance going by that

So which colt is Ben Saunders keeping out of the side.

Last edit: by chaddy22.
Moderators: royallucky

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 327 guests and 2 members online

• Royals78
  • one time only

Newest Footy Recruits

• ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric