Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Best supported club 9 years 2 weeks ago #66692

• Clear-View
  • Clear-View's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 11
Was just checking attendance numbers and was surprised to see that in the three rounds East Perth have played in they have had the biggest attendance for every round.

Must be all the Eagles fans attending :unsure:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Best supported club 9 years 2 weeks ago #66698

• jardine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0

Clear-View wrote: Was just checking attendance numbers and was surprised to see that in the three rounds East Perth have played in they have had the biggest attendance for every round.

Must be all the Eagles fans attending :unsure:

All crowds are deplorable.
If any club is going to chest beat over these shitty crowd figures, that's quite sad.

:sick:

Best supported club 9 years 2 weeks ago #66701

• Mad Dog
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 8
They played the most heavily promoted game ever in round 1,they played the best supported team in round 2 and then they played on good Friday when there was eff all to do. Next you'll be telling us they've had the biggest viewing audience as well. Go figure when they will have been on tv 3 out of the 1st 5 rounds after this week.

Best supported club 9 years 2 weeks ago #66713

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
C-V remarkably exactly 5,200 attended the first round match. Even more remarkably this figure WAS NOT on the WAFL site two weeks after the match. Miraculously, it now appears on the WAFL site.

C-V perhaps you might like to confirm whether the club formerly known as East Perth had a drop of 15-30% attendances for their home games last year.

Could someone please tell me whether they think that there has been any significant improvement in the WAFL attendances this year as a result of the change to Channel 7 televising of the WAFL in 2015?

Best supported club 9 years 2 weeks ago #66740

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 78
If only fishing was that easy clear view, Dragged out a few bottom feeders. East Perth used to have the biggest active following now Swans probably have because their oval is surrounded by working class folk to put it politely. Most of the EP supporters I know don't attend games anymore for many different reasons. I can list them if people are interested.

Last edit: by Larry Bird.

Best supported club 9 years 2 weeks ago #66747

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2876

Larry Bird wrote: Most of the EP supporters I know don't attend games anymore for many different reasons.

I wouldnt have thought being locked up in prison would be classed as "many different reasons" Dean!! :dry:

Best supported club 9 years 2 weeks ago #66748

• Kenny Kev
  • Thank you received: 1
I like the Swans ground and its crowd. Two years ago I went to a final there and they said that the attendance was close to 10,000. I reckon there was 8000 just in the bar area on the opposite side of the ground to the grandstand. Standing room only. It was also a great family day.

Best supported club 9 years 2 weeks ago #66766

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374

Larry Bird wrote: If only fishing was that easy clear view, Dragged out a few bottom feeders. East Perth used to have the biggest active following now Swans probably have because their oval is surrounded by working class folk to put it politely. Most of the EP supporters I know don't attend games anymore for many different reasons. I can list them if people are interested.

Ok Larry....I'll bite....name and shame the lot of them although please outta respect for the deceased you can leave out those that were attending back when EP last won an unaligned flag. :dry:

also I take objection to being classified as working class Larry.....I'm currently happily unemployed :silly:

Last edit: by Dirty Weekender.

Best supported club 9 years 2 weeks ago #66801

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381
Swans have a great crowd and in part it is bcause of its location, far enough away from the coastal spooners, and in part because of its social gathering point.

You only need to look at wp and how they have the biggest crowd of the year but are average for the rest of the time, demographics and location, too far north for most who live south of a line through south of warwick and east of Waneroo Road. the BIG crowd is due to free tickets and being migrant day, it is great but you cannot hang your hat on a day where you get little cash in hand.

For Subi their success for whatever reasons does attract folk and it is located well and with the Money tree at subi oval why would you not be a member.

Claremont is in the middle of the chardonay or SSB set who follow AFL or are past players families, alos I hope the new cfacility has enough room for the zimmer frames and gophers, at Basso it is the quaddies.

The freo teams have a loyal and family based following (opinion) and I suspect that the EF part will be better for the move to the velodrome.

Perth have an area like EP lots of different groups on the demographic and affluent scale, not effluent as some may say.

All of this contributes to the crowds you attract and why, Swans are the leaders for mine, EP will have a good base that may benefit from the hype of the alignment and advertising, we wait and see.
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Best supported club 9 years 2 weeks ago #66812

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374
Would be great to get some club membership numbers from back in the late 70's & mid 80's to see how AFL has effected this perceived order of support amongst WAFL clubs or is it still similar. Of course the scale has changed dramatically.

• Page:
Moderators: royallucky

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 638 guests and one member online

• Bulldog1990

Newest Footy Recruits

• Eddieskago
  • chaibrA
  • AbrahamErype
  • whatoma