Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Colts game against Subi 9 years 1 week ago #66084

• Rocky
  • Thank you received: 0
I have been involved at a couple of WAFL clubs previously and found this to be fairly common. While one can sympathise with a player who does the whole pre season and misses out, it must be acknowledged that at that level it's not a participation program but an elite program. If it was community footy I would agree with making the player wait but my person feeling is at WAFL level if his talent and training justify then he plays more often than not.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Rocky. Reason: Grammar

Colts game against Subi 9 years 1 week ago #66102

• Grump
  • Grump's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381

Colts Coach wrote: Grump you apparently misinformed me but the point of not many training sessions was understood. Never mind even if its 5 or 10 sessions it is no where near the 50 to 60 that others would have completed. No doubt the other players must accept the selection process regardless if they agree with it. There is no dispute on Borowski's ability or if he is already at an adequate level of fitness to play this is not about him. This senario I would assume happens across all the WAFL clubs and it was the message that was sent to the other players that I was trying to get opinions on. I am not a big fan of the practice and was hoping for some others to input.

oops should have been 2 weeks, he is a good player and the usual issues of others and their claims will always be an issue.
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Colts game against Subi 9 years 1 week ago #66107

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 78
My opinion is this is not a social comp and within reason you play and nurture your best talent. For those kids that have done the full pre season and can't crack a game I sympathise but suggest you work harder or face the facts you might have limited value at this level. The young fellow in question I am not convinced he is in our best side he is not able to use his speed to effect yet. It may come with more games though. Grump can you tell me if Callum Radecki is at the club? because I thought he would be a good prospect.

Colts game against Subi 9 years 1 week ago #66112

• Grump
  • Grump's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381

Larry Bird wrote: My opinion is this is not a social comp and within reason you play and nurture your best talent. For those kids that have done the full pre season and can't crack a game I sympathise but suggest you work harder or face the facts you might have limited value at this level. The young fellow in question I am not convinced he is in our best side he is not able to use his speed to effect yet. It may come with more games though. Grump can you tell me if Callum Radecki is at the club? because I thought he would be a good prospect.

yes he is at colts and he is doing ok thus far.
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Colts game against Subi 9 years 1 week ago #66120

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 78
Thank you Grump, after watching him killing them last year in the 16's I thought he might go on to big things this year. Bayok is a player that has come on in leaps and bounds and along with Sam Powell-Pepper may push for a state position.

Colts game against Subi 9 years 1 week ago #66384

• South4eva
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 1

Larry Bird wrote: Thank you Grump, after watching him killing them last year in the 16's I thought he might go on to big things this year. Bayok is a player that has come on in leaps and bounds and along with Sam Powell-Pepper may push for a state position.

Larry , if you put a cherry on a Turd, is it still a Turd? Is it Larry? :ohmy: :huh:

• Page:
Moderators: royallucky

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 374 guests and one member online

• westaussieguy

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL