Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Not a pretty game but in the end we triumphed 9 years 10 months ago #41572

• Grump
  • Grump's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381
Like most games against Claremont colts a win was a desire, they have been so dominate for so long. The boys went out with a belief that if they played the best over the whole game they could be in front at the final bell.

The game started as it was to finish, Claremont would win the early minutes and we would win the last 15 or so!. It was the relentless running and in their face pressure that slowed them and eventually allowed the boys to go in at half time in front albeit slenderly.

The second half was a repeat but with Shane Hille going into the centre to support Zac Dent there seemed to be a change where now we were playing 'winning' football and Claremont started to panic a little, Their better players from earlier on started to make uncharacteristic errors. We hit the front, they retook the lead, we hit the front and held on through some dogged defence and hard work.

Play of the day has to be 'Squid' Kalimeris' torpedo to break the lines, it we all of 60 metres on the fly and then ran on for another 20 (well it seemed that to me, but ... )Gibbo ran hard to chase the ball and suddenly looked up to see the goal post abt a half a metre away, oops touched the ball bounced off the post, point. It was still great play!

For Claremont young Hardisty is a player I could watch every week, he is hard at the ball and player when required, he supports his mates and runs hard to space, not sre of his future but he is a player I like.

For us Mr Dent, Mr Keitel and Marty Zambotto ( apart from 10 seconds of anger) all played well, Will Young did lots of those little things that go unnoticed whilst the whole team did their jobs to win the game.

Well done boys!

just a small note, I watched the Swans EF game before ours, Swans colts are very good and anyone wanting to see a good team play well they are the ones to see!
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Not a pretty game but in the end we triumphed 9 years 10 months ago #41732

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 78
Grump your thoughts on Dent as a player, he is my favourite colt to watch. Right at the coal face very tough for his size.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: royallucky

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 537 guests and 4 members online

• westaussieguy
  • TheRock
  • Demons Forever
  • Ted Nugent

Newest Footy Recruits

• MRanker - Fiverr