Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Karma 10 years 1 week ago #39085

• La Hincha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Well said mate. Keep fighting the good fight.

I don't think West Coast will want to stick with this arrangement very long.

The lack of effort put in by most Eagles listed players on Saturday was alarming. They weren't putting in for East Perth and under the current set-up that means they weren't putting in for WC either.

If I were WC I'd be already looking at another alternative.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Karma 10 years 1 week ago #39096

• astro
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 45
Horrible state of affairs. We need new leadership-or should i say leadership! Kills me that result on Saturday

Karma 10 years 1 week ago #39103

• Growler
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 1
To Jardine
Wonderfully written piece and heart felt from a 'REAL' East Perth supporter that we respect.
I am a West Perth man through and through and I too have been saying this alignment is a shabby exercise of big brother displaying their total disregard and contemptuous arrogance over the WAFL.
Its an utter disgrace and shame to see many an East Perth player who dons the jumper from pride to be forced to run along side Eagle players without courage or desire to prove to a club not their own it matters....

I have to say that I for one gained great satisfaction by seeing the 'Eagles' get smashed on the weekend - I have never really had a bone to pick with them or the 'Cockers' but from the day of the alignment their lack of respect and foresight by their takeover of two WAFL teams gave me a different point of view of them, totally and with profound disappointment.

A great win to our boys and a magnificent come back game by Manning - ( a recruiters dream)but a very sad day for WAFL footy to see the feral's dismantled and destroyed so thoroughly.
Lets hope the future no matter the time it takes see's the AFL nasty's go back to their own side of the fence and leave the best parts of the game alone.... the one with heart and jumper pride

Last edit: by Growler.

Karma 10 years 1 week ago #39108

• Mudlark
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 4
Another concern from the alignment is the effect it has on lower grassroots footy levels.As reported by Winger,EP Eagles had to pull 8 players up from the ammos to make up the numbers for their ressies side which got belted.The spill on effect to their amateur teams is not a positive.All this happening only 4 games into the season is a major concern.Ibet the Eagles could not give a stuff what they are doing to the WAFL and other grassroots levels of footy.I now actually enjoy watching the Eagles get belted and being a West Aussie,that does not seem right somehow.The first two of their premierships were built mostly around the talents of players drafted from the WAFL and yet they and their supporters could not care two hoots about this.Bring on the Karma to them and EP.

Karma 10 years 1 week ago #39112

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
I must say there's quite a bit of vitriol aimed at the weagles over this issue but even though I'm a one-eyed Freo supporter reckon they're just as culpable as West Coast given I can't stand this alignment crap...maybe its due to being tied up with EP which makes it worse for WCE.

Karma 10 years 1 week ago #39117

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374

BC wrote: I must say there's quite a bit of vitriol aimed at the weagles over this issue but even though I'm a one-eyed Freo supporter reckon they're just as culpable as West Coast given I can't stand this alignment crap...maybe its due to being tied up with EP which makes it worse for WCE.

G'day BC....my thoughts is this difference in vitriol directed at both WA's AFL clubs is a direct reflection of the arrogance of the Eagles. As a fan of neither club I don't perceive Freo as an "arrogant, poor little rich boy, woe is me" club whereas I do the other mob. Even like watching the Dockers play (not yesterday :( ) whilst watching the Eagles is like settling down to watch a test match against Bangladesh, generates no interest in me whatsoever. Like I have said in a previous post, elitism is an ugly look and the WCEFC have it stamped on their foreheads

Karma 10 years 1 week ago #39119

• Lucifer
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Well said Jardine.....I hate to think what my emotions would be if my demons had taken that poisoned chalice instead of your beloved Royals......I would feel exactly the same!

Karma 10 years 1 week ago #39155

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148
One other point to bring up, for those who were either at the game or watched the telecast on ABC, I noticed Shuey, Glass, Sinclair and Hurn were there and not a hint of East Perth attire was worn, they were all in their civvies ! Not exactly a good message of support sent by the boys and the Captain of the club in Glass.

Karma 10 years 1 week ago #39157

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374

Leedy wrote: One other point to bring up, for those who were either at the game or watched the telecast on ABC, I noticed Shuey, Glass, Sinclair and Hurn were there and not a hint of East Perth attire was worn, they were all in their civvies ! Not exactly a good message of support sent by the boys and the Captain of the club in Glass.

Why would they Leedy, as if they give a f..k!!!!

Karma 10 years 1 week ago #39158

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874

Leedy wrote: One other point to bring up, for those who were either at the game or watched the telecast on ABC, I noticed Shuey, Glass, Sinclair and Hurn were there and not a hint of East Perth attire was worn, they were all in their civvies ! Not exactly a good message of support sent by the boys and the Captain of the club in Glass.

Same last week mate I noticed Fyfe and a couple of other Dockers players at Basso wearing the latest gear fresh from a King St boutique ..not a FART shirt in sight!

Moderators: royallucky

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 324 guests and 2 members online

• one time only

Newest Footy Recruits

• Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020
  • MrBulldog