Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Colts game at Basso 10 years 2 weeks ago #36060

• Grump
  • Grump's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381
Firstly Basso looked a treat, very green and grassy, great surface.

Both teams played a straight 25/28 players for the whole game and it was played in good spirit and very hard at the ball.

EP won 115 to 53 and the result was a fair reflection of the play and style of play.

For us Blair Del Caro was a standout, best ruckman afield, 7 tackles from ur lead ruckman says a lot about how the team played, Auburn haired lad from swans (39 I think) was one of the better players for swans.

Both sides have players to come back but it was more the way the teams played that stood out for me.
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Colts game at Basso 10 years 2 weeks ago #36187

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Grump certainly there appeared to be noise coming from Swans' opposition supporters during the colts' game compared with the supposed supporters of Swans' opposition in the league team. Those in the Macca Stand during the league match just sat there like stunned 'Marcel Marceau' mullets.

Last edit: by swan42.

Colts game at Basso 10 years 2 weeks ago #36222

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

swan42 wrote: Grump certainly there appeared to be noise coming from Swans' opposition supporters during the colts' game compared with the supposed supporters of Swans' opposition in the league team. Those in the Macca Stand during the league match just sat there like stunned 'Marcel Marceau' mullets.

HoHoHo,
Not sure about the noise during the Colts and Ressies cos i was working, but as far as the parents and players it was quite noisey afterwards.

Both the ressies and Colts games were good from my view given the impressive way the boys went abt their respective games. The reserves was largely last years colts and it was great to see them step up.

I am sure there will be a comment abt where the go next but for the time being they are at EP (ERT appplies the next level up) and playing well and seemingly happy at the club.
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Colts game at Basso 10 years 2 weeks ago #36225

• Talking Footy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 11

swan42 wrote: Grump certainly there appeared to be noise coming from Swans' opposition supporters during the colts' game compared with the supposed supporters of Swans' opposition in the league team. Those in the Macca Stand during the league match just sat there like stunned 'Marcel Marceau' mullets.

God your like a broken record, please stop turning every thread into an attack on the alignment.

Yes we all know its sh!t we don't need you to remind us every second post.

Colts game at Basso 10 years 2 weeks ago #36240

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 373

Talking Footy wrote:

God your like a broken record, please stop turning every thread into an attack on the alignment.

TF, I sat in the Macca stand for the first half of the league. Swan42's comments when deciphered display a healthy dose of humour. You see, Messers N. Daniher, A. Hickmott, P. Narkle with 5-6 other inner circle cronies basically watched in silence as they were too afraid to talk. Why afraid, well every time the other bloke with them Justin Longmuir (angry Dad on the day) was annoyed by his hyperactive playful son either by his constant questioning or jumping on his dad's head JL would scream SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!!! The others obviously took him literally as barely a word popped out of their mouths. JL's kid also was pulling faces behind his back at these 'important' blokes who fair play to them recipricated right back at the kid as they pulled their best funny faces in complete silence at each other. Remind you of anyone :silly:

Colts game at Basso 10 years 2 weeks ago #36241

• Talking Footy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Well then I apologise to Swan42. I have clearly misunderstood his post.

Colts game at Basso 10 years 2 weeks ago #36245

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Dirty Weekender wrote:

Talking Footy wrote:

TF, I sat in the Macca stand for the first half of the league. Swan42's comments when deciphered display a healthy dose of humour. You see, Messers N. Daniher, A. Hickmott, P. Narkle with 5-6 other inner circle cronies basically watched in silence as they were too afraid to talk. Why afraid, well every time the other bloke with them Justin Longmuir (angry Dad on the day) was annoyed by his hyperactive playful son either by his constant questioning or jumping on his dad's head JL would scream SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!!! The others obviously took him literally as barely a word popped out of their mouths. JL's kid also was pulling faces behind his back at these 'important' blokes who fair play to them recipricated right back at the kid as they pulled their best funny faces in complete silence at each other. Remind you of anyone :silly:

DW Swannie was talking abt the colts and ressies games not the league so TF was a bit right, I don't care abt what happens after 1355 at the football except when colts player get a go, the rest of it is just fodder for folks to dump on.

The colts and ressies games were good, hard fought and quite skilled games and yes the noise was much more on the swannies side.

As for longmuir, wasn't much of an afl player and not sure he is, from the sounds of it , someone who is much of a parent. you take your kids to the football, at least wafl, to have fun and not be stuck sitting a grandstand.

Colts game at Basso 10 years 2 weeks ago #36282

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 373

Talking Footy wrote: Well then I apologise to Swan42. I have clearly misunderstood his post.

Nah....bored at work mate so bit of a tongue in cheek post from me. Totally agree with Grump's last comment . At least Dad begrudgingly stepped up for a half time kick about

Colts game at Basso 10 years 1 week ago #36613

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Talking Footy wrote: Well then I apologise to Swan42. I have clearly misunderstood his post.

No problems TF I am not that sensitive. I just couldn't understand how anyone could bother to attend a footy match and be completely ambivalent.

As for Grump I have no problems, and admire your loyalty, with respect to you commitment to your colts' and reserve's teams.

Colts game at Basso 10 years 1 week ago #36624

• Talking Footy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Thanks Swannie.

We all hate it, will be a long couple of years and scary to think what's next on the agenda.

While I am not as die hard as some of you blokes, eg I like Peel in the comp, I feel our state comp which has a rich and enviable history has been treated poorly by the very custodians of the game who should be looking to protect its past and its future.

We need a pathway for young blokes who aspire to the highest level yet need to provide a competition which is free of the corruption of an unlevel playing field were all clubs are treated equally regardless of on field success or off field mismanagement.

All of the clubs run there own districts to the best of their ability some with little money, some with few volunteers, some with dying numbers both in senior and junior football. The Perth district has 1 17's team this year. This should be a priority for the commission, not looking at ways to increase the "best practice" for the two elite teams in our state who have the funds and the resources to achieve this a number of different ways.

The problem is that when attendances drop and teams struggle even more now to be competitive with richer, more elite program's I feel the commission will use this as an excuse to demand change.

Anyway my rant over games start soon looking forward to the footy at all levels. Go the Hawks, go the Sharks, go the Demons.

• Page:
Moderators: royallucky

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 195 guests and 2 members online

• Royals78
  • one time only

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr