Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

It is with great angst and sadness that ...... 10 years 3 months ago #33887

• Grump
  • Grump's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381

MikeXU1 wrote: Not good news at all, but I think even the diehard EP supporters would have seen this coming (I'd hope).

Grump, from your position working with the colts, where does it leave these up and coming players? Surely there are players within the colts system now that are destined for a league position, and even an AFL list?

I think there a number of colts/ressies players from last year, certainly 4 colts , who can look forward to a league debut this season.

As for this seasons crop of colts I think there are a couple of league players in the offing, giblett, keitel, hill, miller and a young ruckman from the SW and perhaps one or two others.

I will just keep pushing the colts process and help the coach etc as much as I can with boys development.

As for the future who knows, the AGM this sunday could be fun to watch.
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

It is with great angst and sadness that ...... 10 years 3 months ago #33889

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

MarkOlsen wrote: It's a pity these guys are being lost to the wafl system due to peel and east Perth chasing clearance fees, they are now responsible for a heap of blokes leaving wafl footy due to the alignment, great work

MO I know nothing of this and I hope it is not the case but who knows .....
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

It is with great angst and sadness that ...... 10 years 3 months ago #33895

• Barney
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0

jardine wrote: EP people who have shown little backbone in opposing our clubs raping, shouldn't act surprised now. they should take responsibility in enabling the decline. All this chest beating about loyalty and who has got it, is just a farce & shows a lack of guts - thats my opinion and I will stand by it, I couldn't care less who dislikes me for it. I am past the point of caring. Anger and disgust does that to people. Even good decent people.

Just out of interest what have you done to try and change this decision.

It is with great angst and sadness that ...... 10 years 3 months ago #33896

• Barney
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Grump wrote:

MarkOlsen wrote: It's a pity these guys are being lost to the wafl system due to peel and east Perth chasing clearance fees, they are now responsible for a heap of blokes leaving wafl footy due to the alignment, great work

There are only two players I know in a clearance wrangle. First is Luke Sampey to West Perth, West Perth refusing to pay $7k which is a bit rich considering they wouldn't accept anything less than $30k for a reserves player. Think he may have reconsidered playing after the early training was too hard for him.

The other is Borrett to Perth, as far as I know a fee has been worked out. Problem is Perth want him on credit which EP are baulking at because Perth still haven't paid for the last four clearances from EP.

One or two other players were sniffing around but were priced out by their personal requests.

It is with great angst and sadness that ...... 10 years 3 months ago #33901

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
why would Sampey want to go to WP?.....Sampey is worse than Stockley and we all know how many games Stockley played in the WP league side last year...... hopefully Perth have paid Cl for the Morton boys then?.....

It is with great angst and sadness that ...... 10 years 3 months ago #33902

• Barney
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Freezin wrote: why would Sampey want to go to WP?.....Sampey is worse than Stockley and we all know how many games Stockley played in the WP league side last year...... hopefully Perth have paid Cl for the Morton boys then?.....

Don't know about that. Sampey was always a league player when fit at EP. His problem was he never liked pre season, faked an injury and came back to training in February. Made for a slow start to the year.

It is with great angst and sadness that V2 10 years 3 months ago #33906

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
OK now for version 2, I asked an informed source, not just the folks hanging around the club, whilst they were close they were not nearly close enough and unlike the worst I follow up and try to get the truth out there!

So the 40 odd players include the number lost from 2012 and 2013. So it would include the McAulays etc.

At the moment there are roughly 60 players at training made of last years Colts and Ressies (mostly 2012 colts). The good thing is that a few of the better older (early 20's) are still there!

The losses as far I was told are Borret, Sweet, Grover, Maldenis, Higgins. Derrick (to Sydney for study we think.)There are others but as I did not right them down , oops.

The addition excluding weagles is Nathan Blee from PA and HE IS AN EP player and knew what he was coming back to!

Freddie Clutterbuck was in the weights room happy as and looking very buff and fit, not fit last year due to injury that would ned an op, small op but ...... .

So at the moment we have a very healthy squad in training and training well.

Can't tell you more but will as I have when I get the info!

It is with great angst and sadness that V2 10 years 3 months ago #33911

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 145
Cheers for the info Grump, much appreciated.

It is with great angst and sadness that ...... 10 years 3 months ago #33915

• Cesspit
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 119

Barney wrote:

Grump wrote:

There are only two players I know in a clearance wrangle. First is Luke Sampey to West Perth, West Perth refusing to pay $7k which is a bit rich considering they wouldn't accept anything less than $30k for a reserves player. Think he may have reconsidered playing after the early training was too hard for him.

The other is Borrett to Perth, as far as I know a fee has been worked out. Problem is Perth want him on credit which EP are baulking at because Perth still haven't paid for the last four clearances from EP.

One or two other players were sniffing around but were priced out by their personal requests.

And how is it that you know so much about every club?
A simple explanation will suffice.

It is with great angst and sadness that V2 10 years 3 months ago #33916

• Cesspit
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 119

Grump wrote: OK now for version 2, I asked an informed source, not just the folks hanging around the club, whilst they were close they were not nearly close enough and unlike the worst I follow up and try to get the truth out there!

So the 40 odd players include the number lost from 2012 and 2013. So it would include the McAulays etc.

At the moment there are roughly 60 players at training made of last years Colts and Ressies (mostly 2012 colts). The good thing is that a few of the better older (early 20's) are still there!

The losses as far I was told are Borret, Sweet, Grover, Maldenis, Higgins. Derrick (to Sydney for study we think.)There are others but as I did not right them down , oops.

The addition excluding weagles is Nathan Blee from PA and HE IS AN EP player and knew what he was coming back to!

Freddie Clutterbuck was in the weights room happy as and looking very buff and fit, not fit last year due to injury that would ned an op, small op but ...... .

So at the moment we have a very healthy squad in training and training well.

Can't tell you more but will as I have when I get the info!

Sorry Freddie but you won't be playing much league footy in 2014 if you stay at EP, no matter how fit you are.

Moderators: royallucky

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 166 guests and one member online

• dogman

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL