Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Not Right & Justification 10 years 6 months ago #30005

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553

mikeh wrote:

58shark wrote:

Falcon wrote: I remember back last time we had this alignment shit that it wasn't till the great man Barry Cable come out publicly and said the alignment was killing the comp and it should be removed........shortly after he made his feelings felt about the situation that they started working on dismantling the sham that it was.

Now Dennis god love him would not have the pull as Cable has, maybe he should be contacted to voice his opinion again??

I don't agree with all of this Falcon. I think Dennis is the perfect person to front the cause. He's high profile and extremely respected in the footy world. Cable, after his controversy all those years ago, went to ground and would be hardly remembered by some and unknown by the younger brigade. Anyone that knows a bit about sports knows about Dennis.

Shark, Cable was at a function at East Perth just last week to be acknowledged as one of their great coaches. He has done a lot of charity work and is an AFL hall of famer. He is a legend of the game, not 'hardly remembered' as you put it. All due respects to Dennis, he is a great commentator but I would listen to Cable's views first because he has the runs on the board as far as footy is concerned.

Mike, I'm not slagging Cable. But there are people out there that we want to get behind the WAFL - they're called today's generation. Ask them who Cable is and then ask them who Dennis is. I know which one will be recognized, hence who would pull the most weight with them.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Not Right & Justification 10 years 6 months ago #30008

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

ROYAL 2019 wrote: The AFL clubs pay to keep the WAFL going it must be said. Can't live with them can't live without them. Hind sight is a wonderful thing but don't we all wish we accepted their first offer and not pushed for more money. Now we have a competition that is more unfair than ever. Is it to late for the so called G7 to come up with an agreement to have stand alone AFL reserves teams. I for one would like to see teams like Perth get a chance not EP vs Claremont or WP or Swans for the next 5 years.

NO NO NO - we did not want to see players who have an allegiance with a WAFL club being forced to play against that WAFL club. We do not want the likes of a Naitanui, Pearce, Walters et al playing AGAINST Swan Districts. The premise for the reserves or host club alignment is fundamentally flawed and frankly ridiculous.

Not Right & Justification 10 years 5 months ago #30786

• Buddy Boy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 21
I see that East Perth have lost its first up and coming star due to this alignment with young Shaq McKenzie heading to Darwin to play for St Mary's how many more will leave? I have heard a few of the young players aren't happy and may look to going to another club or even playing amateurs or country.

Not Right & Justification 10 years 5 months ago #30787

• one time only
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 32
Darwin play their footy in our off-season. Why does that mean he is lost to East Perth?

Not Right & Justification 10 years 5 months ago #30789

• terror
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 30

Buddy Boy wrote: I see that East Perth have lost its first up and coming star due to this alignment with young Shaq McKenzie heading to Darwin to play for St Mary's how many more will leave? I have heard a few of the young players aren't happy and may look to going to another club or even playing amateurs or country.

Hardly a star.. to be honest EP will not miss him if he leaves.. an ok two's player..

Not Right & Justification 10 years 5 months ago #30808

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381
I have worked with Shaq since 15's when due to a change of boundaries he came over from Subi (I recall).

Great young man, has been working for Ed Depart doing school visits about staying at school etc.

He was very quick then but as other got older and bigger Shaq pretty much did not keep up the growth, needed to ne 6" taller or a step quicker at league level.

Great young man and he will learn a lot going up to Darwin to play, whether he is lost to EP will be seen in march april.
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Moderators: royallucky

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 350 guests and one member online

• Success Hill

Newest Footy Recruits

• BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL