Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Not Right & Justification 10 years 6 months ago #29882

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

jardine wrote:

Grump wrote:
Before you launch into creating Cometti as the apostle to lead the WAFL to the safe land beware what his motives are (and this is not that I disagree but beware the promises made by the snake oil salesman).

West Perth man or not, Cometti is the only media man I know who has the guts to go public and back the WAFL. And this from a man who makes his crust from the AFL. I think over analysing Cometti's garlic muncher connections is another way of avoiding the core of what this issue is all about. This is exactly what I am talking about, in regard to a lack of accountability with our club and the weak commission.

There is nothing wrong with Cometti hating East Perth, the same way East Perth dislike them. It is a thing called rivalry and its healthy. You cop it, and when its their turn they cop it back.

Dennis loves the WAFL and I think he even hurts when he see's the extent of deterioration.

Jardine just to set the record straight there have been others in the WA media who have voiced their opinion against the host club alignment. Ken Judge and most of the local ABC footy personnel are against the host club alignment. Similarly I have heard Glenn Mitchell express a similar view against the host club alignment. I think you will find that it is generally the media (predominantly hose from 6PR) who are beholden to the Eagles who have been the most strident in their support of the host club alignment.

Whilst I don't follow the VFL(formerly VFA) competition in Victoria it is my understanding that several of those clubs that were aligned with an AFL club had a less than good result with their alignmen. In the main they have been used and abused and discarded at the whim of the AFL club. SOmething which I will suspect may very well happen when the Eagles move to Lathlain Park Oval later this decade.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Not Right & Justification 10 years 6 months ago #29894

• jardine
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0

swan42 wrote: Jardine just to set the record straight there have been others in the WA media who have voiced their opinion against the host club alignment. Ken Judge and most of the local ABC footy personnel are against the host club alignment. Similarly I have heard Glenn Mitchell express a similar view against the host club alignment. I think you will find that it is generally the media (predominantly hose from 6PR) who are beholden to the Eagles who have been the most strident in their support of the host club alignment.

yes I stand corrected on that, the ABC and the ABC boys are very committed to the WAFL supporter cause. That is the Geoff Christian aura of dignity that still runs through the joint. 6PR are a joke, and just a weak pandering station for the masses.

The advantage with Cometti is that he is on the commercial network, and he probably packs a bigger punch in terms of the range his opinion can reach.

However this subject is solely about what is right and what is wrong. Given the amazing success of football at the highest level here in WA, none of this is remotely justified. it is pure greed and nothing else.

Not Right & Justification 10 years 6 months ago #29899

• Falcon
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 154
I remember back last time we had this alignment shit that it wasn't till the great man Barry Cable come out publicly and said the alignment was killing the comp and it should be removed........shortly after he made his feelings felt about the situation that they started working on dismantling the sham that it was.

Now Dennis god love him would not have the pull as Cable has, maybe he should be contacted to voice his opinion again??

Not Right & Justification 10 years 6 months ago #29928

• ROYAL 2019
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 40
The AFL clubs pay to keep the WAFL going it must be said. Can't live with them can't live without them. Hind sight is a wonderful thing but don't we all wish we accepted their first offer and not pushed for more money. Now we have a competition that is more unfair than ever. Is it to late for the so called G7 to come up with an agreement to have stand alone AFL reserves teams. I for one would like to see teams like Perth get a chance not EP vs Claremont or WP or Swans for the next 5 years.

Not Right & Justification 10 years 6 months ago #29929

• jardine
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
wouldnt it be great if the authorities (Cooper & Co) showed some common sense and planned an EMERGENCY MEETING.

allow West Coast to field a stand alone club, the $450,000 fee payed to EP reduced in line with all the other clubs, and they could play their games at Lathlain Park or Subiaco Oval. Lathlain would be a good fit considering they will be based there eventually anyway

Personally I am at that point where I do not care what Peel do. Fremantle can have them for all I care. But they would be better off being under a total Dockers banner, as the locals dont care one ioata about Peel. A fremantle side would create much more interest for the WAFL, and therefore good exposure for developing players at Fremantle.

It Creates no host club agro, and an even 10 team competition. Plus the Eagles and Fremantle get stand alone sides just like they asked. This should never be too late to achieve and it would show the Eagles do have some shred of a heart for WA footy traditions.

I want East Perth, my club,back please. I want the WAFL back

Not Right & Justification 10 years 6 months ago #29934

• Cardy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 10

Falcon wrote: I remember back last time we had this alignment shit that it wasn't till the great man Barry Cable come out publicly and said the alignment was killing the comp and it should be removed........shortly after he made his feelings felt about the situation that they started working on dismantling the sham that it was.

Now Dennis god love him would not have the pull as Cable has, maybe he should be contacted to voice his opinion again??

Cable might of said something but it was actually the unaligned clubs presidents who got the Alignments stopped.

2000–2001 – affiliated in a host-club arrangement with the East Perth Football Club[23]
2002–2013 – after the WAFL clubs voted to end host-club arrangements, returned to an affiliation with the entire WAFL.
From 2014, until at least 2018, West Coast will be once again affiliated in a host-club arrangement with the East Perth Football Club.

A flashback and very interesting
News from the SUNDAY TIMES on the end of the "host" club arrangement;
Chaos looms in new draft
By KIM HAGDORN
16dec01
THE WAFL's controversial host-club system is doomed.

The system of allocating developing West Coast Eagles players to East Perth, and Fremantle Dockers players to South Fremantle, will be officially scrapped next week after an 8-1 vote against it continuing by WAFL clubs. East Perth was the only club in favour of the system.
Royals president Bronte Howson stormed out of Monday's WAFL president's council meeting when it became clear his club's immediate future was under siege.

The playing futures of all borderline and developing Eagles and Dockers players have been thrown into chaos.

Under a compromise agreement, Eagles and Dockers squad members will be divided among the nine WAFL clubs through a draft.

Two distinct geographical divisions will determine "allegiance" to the Eagles or Fremantle in the allocation of players.

Eagles players will be drawn into clubs north of the river – East Perth, Subiaco, Swan Districts and West Perth.

Fremantle squad members will go into a draft process for selection to South Fremantle, East Fremantle, Claremont, Perth and Peel Thunder.

Only Chris Judd and Ashley Hansen, drafted by the Eagles last month, will be at East Perth, while Dockers Scott Thornton and Andrew Siegert are expected to stay at South Fremantle.
This message represents the official view of the voices in my head

Last edit: by Cardy.

Not Right & Justification 10 years 6 months ago #29940

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553

Falcon wrote: I remember back last time we had this alignment shit that it wasn't till the great man Barry Cable come out publicly and said the alignment was killing the comp and it should be removed........shortly after he made his feelings felt about the situation that they started working on dismantling the sham that it was.

I don't agree with all of this Falcon. I think Dennis is the perfect person to front the cause. He's high profile and extremely respected in the footy world. Cable, after his controversy all those years ago, went to ground and would be hardly remembered by some and unknown by the younger brigade. Anyone that knows a bit about sports knows about Dennis.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Not Right & Justification 10 years 6 months ago #29959

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015

58shark wrote:

I don't agree with all of this Falcon. I think Dennis is the perfect person to front the cause. He's high profile and extremely respected in the footy world. Cable, after his controversy all those years ago, went to ground and would be hardly remembered by some and unknown by the younger brigade. Anyone that knows a bit about sports knows about Dennis.

Shark, Cable was at a function at East Perth just last week to be acknowledged as one of their great coaches. He has done a lot of charity work and is an AFL hall of famer. He is a legend of the game, not 'hardly remembered' as you put it. All due respects to Dennis, he is a great commentator but I would listen to Cable's views first because he has the runs on the board as far as footy is concerned.

Not Right & Justification 10 years 6 months ago #29964

• Cardy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 10
He certainly has the runs on the board Mike.. Our well known WA Footballer. How little you know.
This message represents the official view of the voices in my head

Last edit: by Cardy.

Not Right & Justification 10 years 6 months ago #29968

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015

Cardy wrote: He certainly has the runs on the board Mike.. Our well known WA Footballer. How little you know.

I was talking about football knowledge Cardy. I'm not really interested in discussing anything else.

Moderators: royallucky

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 316 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977