Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

well we made to the big dance witha little help 10 years 6 months ago #29700

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553

mikeh wrote:

Grump wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Grump wrote: Quotes from Monahgan and dawson
Dawson - "If my memory serves me right which I'm sure it does, last year Claremont had six, AFL listed players in their side and East Fremantle had eight, so we've got five, what's the point?" he asked.

Monaghan - " I'm sure Daws [Dawson] and his crew will be like mine.

"We've got bigger things to worry about than whether it's a derby or how far the history goes back."

and Billy said - "I don't think there's a lot of bad blood between the players and coaching staff," he said.

"I think there are plenty of people who sit in the outer with either a red and blue scarf on or a black and blue scarf on that get into it a lot more than we do.

No matter what Dawson, or any member of the club formerly known as East Perth says the fact remains that you have got into bed with one of the devils incarnate, West Coast Eagles, and were you win the GF tomorrow it would forever have an asterisk against the name of the GF winner. It is not only about personnel, but also the additional infrastructure that the devils incarnate bring that will taint any premiership victory. Sad for you but also true.

and another well informed and reason comment from another one of the muppets, what is it like having Jims (Henson) up your rrr's all the time you want to say something!

Grump, no matter what you think of the above comment by Swan 42 (and I happen to disagree with his point of view). I think your response to it is a little hypocritical as you have been criticising people for juvenile and inane responses to the alignment issue and I see your comment above as exactly the same. You can't have it both ways.

Winners are grinners Mike, but unfortunately it can also make you a little arrogant. I guess grump knows what lies ahead for his club over the next few years.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

well we made to the big dance witha little help 10 years 6 months ago #29711

• Grump
  • Grump's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381

mikeh wrote:

Grump wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Dawson - "If my memory serves me right which I'm sure it does, last year Claremont had six, AFL listed players in their side and East Fremantle had eight, so we've got five, what's the point?" he asked.

"We've got bigger things to worry about than whether it's a derby or how far the history goes back."

and Billy said - "I don't think there's a lot of bad blood between the players and coaching staff," he said.

"I think there are plenty of people who sit in the outer with either a red and blue scarf on or a black and blue scarf on that get into it a lot more than we do.

No matter what Dawson, or any member of the club formerly known as East Perth says the fact remains that you have got into bed with one of the devils incarnate, West Coast Eagles, and were you win the GF tomorrow it would forever have an asterisk against the name of the GF winner. It is not only about personnel, but also the additional infrastructure that the devils incarnate bring that will taint any premiership victory. Sad for you but also true.

and another well informed and reason comment from another one of the muppets, what is it like having Jims (Henson) up your rrr's all the time you want to say something!

Grump, no matter what you think of the above comment by Swan 42 (and I happen to disagree with his point of view). I think your response to it is a little hypocritical as you have been criticising people for juvenile and inane responses to the alignment issue and I see your comment above as exactly the same. You can't have it both ways.

and I agree with you, it was a moment of anger that should not have been put in print, I have tried but I am a fallible as the next person, why do I barrack for EP (cos the first wanfl game I saw was EP Vs Swans at Lotons and my sire barracked for Swans and so ........ )

I apologise for the stupidity!
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

well we made to the big dance witha little help 10 years 6 months ago #29715

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007

Grump wrote:

mikeh wrote:

Grump wrote:

swan42 wrote:

and I agree with you, it was a moment of anger that should not have been put in print, I have tried but I am a fallible as the next person, why do I barrack for EP (cos the first wanfl game I saw was EP Vs Swans at Lotons and my sire barracked for Swans and so ........ )

I apologise for the stupidity!

All good mate, I thought that might be the case as it was so different from all your other posts which are always interesting to read. I also empathise with you and Jardine, Chaddy and all the other 'true blue' EP supporters who have had to cop a fair bit of vitriol and abuse from some posters about a decision that your club made, even though most of you have said you disagree with the alignment.
Enjoy the grand final. I believe it is a genuine contest between two very good WAFL teams. Next year will be different but that is another story.

well we made to the big dance witha little help 10 years 6 months ago #29737

• Grump
  • Grump's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381
Outplayed, out muscled and WP just seemed to want it more.

Best Team on the day won no excuses and I will look forward to a short off season.
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

well we made to the big dance witha little help 10 years 6 months ago #29743

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007

Grump wrote: Outplayed, out muscled and WP just seemed to want it more.

Best Team on the day won no excuses and I will look forward to a short off season.

Certainly true Grump. Good on you for coming on here and posting this when you are obviously disappointed. Your team gave their best today but fell short against a team that were more desperate and had a bit more in their legs after their weeks rest.

Last edit: by mikeh.

well we made to the big dance witha little help 10 years 6 months ago #29751

• chaddy22
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137

Grump wrote: Outplayed, out muscled and WP just seemed to want it more.

agree grump.unfortunatley too many passengers today and some of them were missing last week as well.you can't always rely on your guns to get you over the line.

well we made to the big dance witha little help 10 years 6 months ago #29756

• Clear-View
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 11
A disappointing day from start to finish.

Outplayed all day apart from 5 mins either side of quarter time and the 1st 10 mins of the 3rd quarter.

Poor ball use and decision making. Conditions didn't suit our aerial advantage. Took 48 marks today compared to an ave of 86 for the previous 2 finals. Smashed in the clearances and out run.

Sometimes you're only as good as the opposition lets you be.

Well done to WP. Deserving premiers.

well we made to the big dance witha little help 10 years 6 months ago #29757

• Sacko
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 13
You had a crack this year with the 4-5 ringers that were flown in but fortunately it didn't help today. It was your last chance for your first legitimate flag since 78 although that would have been arguable with your ringers anyway. Well that's that for you guys I suppose. All the best in your future endeavours Royal supporters. RIP East Perth Football Club

well we made to the big dance witha little help 10 years 6 months ago #29761

• Clear-View
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 11
One thing I won't miss is the pathetic anti EP posts.

At the end of the day all it really does is reflect poorly on those concerned and the site.

Unfortunately most on here can't come to terms with the fact the WAFL contracted a terminal illness in 1987 and has been dying a slow death since.

The best thing about today is that about 95% of the people that frequent this site will be happy.

A good way to finish..... over and out.

well we made to the big dance witha little help 10 years 6 months ago #29764

• dogman
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 18
Johnson's last game I hear.

Thought the 3rd quarter umpiring was shocking. I know EP supporters won't say anything in fear of complaining but as a neutral I feel I can say it.

The reversal kick on the wing after EP got a free and 50m was the turning point. From then on WP kicked 8 of 9 or whatever it was and the run and flow had gone. Umpires also paid WP 3-4 tiggy ones for in the back in that quarter that weren't there in the hard contested game. Bit ordinary I though - and I hate EP.
SFFC - WOOF WOOF

Moderators: royallucky

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 418 guests and one member online

• Success Hill

Newest Footy Recruits

• BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL