Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

well we made to the big dance witha little help 10 years 6 months ago #29581

• Grump
  • Grump's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381
Ringo and the boys,

Despite the ridicule and vitriol towards us I am still pleased for the home grown and adopted players for making to the GF. Yes Selwood is a Weagle but has been aligned to us so he is just like Mellington any other farmed out AFL player.

What will be the result, well the team that can stick to the game plan best, is fit enough for the gameday and has the passion to win.

The passion will be a big factor and the Cardinals will have heaps. I imagine Riponi et al will be beating them up to beat the Feral bastards on so many levels, the alignment (cos he is still miffed on missing out) - my opinion), cos we are East Perth and occupy their god given oval, cos we make money from our bar and oval and other wind up that they can think of!

WP are a truly very good side coached by a good coach. They play a game that relies on running and running ahead of the play and it works.

Their ruck is good although from when I have seen Stockley he is great in the reserves (his deserved Prendagast medal shows that) but when he has played league he just seems wanting a little. The boys at EP reckons he is a good bloke off the field and that is great. Keunen will have his work cut out battling Johnson and Lycett ( who is rapt to be at EP and not Peel opposite to Zac Clarke who initially refused the go to Peel but ....).

The player that worries most in WP colours is Aaron Black. I met him in the State game and watched him closely and was really impressed, he is smart and knows where to be when required for his team, very good player.

We have an enough emotion for the boys to get up and play well enough to win. Our talls will still be tall at the end of a punishing game, our running players will have a slightly easier ride and that short have them running the game out a little better and finally we will have the support of a larger contingent of supporters, oh an by the way our membership is pretty well the same as last year, funny I thought we were told they would all jump ship hahahahaha.

I hope it is a really hard, tough and fair game and the best team wins a close encounter.

I look forward the vitriolic crap about to flow on this post!
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

well we made to the big dance witha little help 10 years 6 months ago #29584

• Falcon
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 154
Good luck Grump!

well we made to the big dance witha little help 10 years 6 months ago #29608

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Quotes from Monahgan and dawson
Dawson - "If my memory serves me right which I'm sure it does, last year Claremont had six, AFL listed players in their side and East Fremantle had eight, so we've got five, what's the point?" he asked.

Monaghan - " I'm sure Daws [Dawson] and his crew will be like mine.

"We've got bigger things to worry about than whether it's a derby or how far the history goes back."

and Billy said - "I don't think there's a lot of bad blood between the players and coaching staff," he said.

"I think there are plenty of people who sit in the outer with either a red and blue scarf on or a black and blue scarf on that get into it a lot more than we do.
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

well we made to the big dance witha little help 10 years 6 months ago #29609

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
I think the difference is Dr D most of those boys were local EF & C boys.........but like I said EP are worthy finalists,peaking at the right time, good luck to both sides........but for someone who has a PHD and big on statistics when writing a thesis, interesting Dr D convientently forgot all the data when making that above comment :P

well we made to the big dance witha little help 10 years 6 months ago #29610

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Freezin wrote: I think the difference is Dr D most of those boys were local EF & C boys.........but like I said EP are worthy finalists,peaking at the right time, good luck to both sides........but for someone who has a PHD and big on statistics when writing a thesis, interesting Dr D convientently forgot all the data when making that above comment :P

Do you know sore ya tongue has to stay in ya cheek, can't swallow my beer now, took long enough!

well we made to the big dance witha little help 10 years 6 months ago #29615

• ROYAL 2019
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 40
There was more AFL players than that in last years Grand Final Grump. Professionals vs Semi Proffesionals will never be fair I advocate zero AFL players in WAFL finals games.

well we made to the big dance witha little help 10 years 6 months ago #29643

• Rookie draft
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 29
Can't see that happening dude. Struggle to have more than 15 locals qualify next year unless they change quali rules.

well we made to the big dance witha little help 10 years 6 months ago #29669

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Grump wrote: Quotes from Monahgan and dawson
Dawson - "If my memory serves me right which I'm sure it does, last year Claremont had six, AFL listed players in their side and East Fremantle had eight, so we've got five, what's the point?" he asked.

"We've got bigger things to worry about than whether it's a derby or how far the history goes back."

and Billy said - "I don't think there's a lot of bad blood between the players and coaching staff," he said.

"I think there are plenty of people who sit in the outer with either a red and blue scarf on or a black and blue scarf on that get into it a lot more than we do.

No matter what Dawson, or any member of the club formerly known as East Perth says the fact remains that you have got into bed with one of the devils incarnate, West Coast Eagles, and were you win the GF tomorrow it would forever have an asterisk against the name of the GF winner. It is not only about personnel, but also the additional infrastructure that the devils incarnate bring that will taint any premiership victory. Sad for you but also true.

well we made to the big dance witha little help 10 years 6 months ago #29683

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

swan42 wrote:

No matter what Dawson, or any member of the club formerly known as East Perth says the fact remains that you have got into bed with one of the devils incarnate, West Coast Eagles, and were you win the GF tomorrow it would forever have an asterisk against the name of the GF winner. It is not only about personnel, but also the additional infrastructure that the devils incarnate bring that will taint any premiership victory. Sad for you but also true.

and another well informed and reason comment from another one of the muppets, what is it like having Jims (Henson) up your rrr's all the time you want to say something!

well we made to the big dance witha little help 10 years 6 months ago #29690

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015

Grump wrote:

swan42 wrote:

and another well informed and reason comment from another one of the muppets, what is it like having Jims (Henson) up your rrr's all the time you want to say something!

Grump, no matter what you think of the above comment by Swan 42 (and I happen to disagree with his point of view). I think your response to it is a little hypocritical as you have been criticising people for juvenile and inane responses to the alignment issue and I see your comment above as exactly the same. You can't have it both ways.

Moderators: royallucky

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 493 guests and 2 members online

• westaussieguy
  • ruddiger

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL