Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Powerful Performance 10 years 7 months ago #28349

• jardine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
yes bazza maybe 35k is stretching it considering the dockers play a massive game the day before. many may opt for that and save some money. i still think the tigers will get through, and with that maybe 20 or 22,OOO will attend. Old WP fans will come out for sure.

it is still sad how a CvWP 2nd semi can only atract 3,300. that doesnt sit well with me and if the finals were split like they used to be, it would be a much better crowd. Mind you Claremont Oval is a dogbox on a good day, so some wont go there based on that i think.

if the wafl keep playing these two finals directly against each other, they would be better off going to the old format of playing a double header final at Subiaco Oval. these games usually attracted between 12-15,000 people, and it was a good way for the purist to see both games.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Powerful Performance 10 years 7 months ago #28427

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148

jardine wrote: yes bazza maybe 35k is stretching it considering the dockers play a massive game the day before. many may opt for that and save some money. i still think the tigers will get through, and with that maybe 20 or 22,OOO will attend. Old WP fans will come out for sure.

it is still sad how a CvWP 2nd semi can only atract 3,300. that doesnt sit well with me and if the finals were split like they used to be, it would be a much better crowd. Mind you Claremont Oval is a dogbox on a good day, so some wont go there based on that i think.

if the wafl keep playing these two finals directly against each other, they would be better off going to the old format of playing a double header final at Subiaco Oval. these games usually attracted between 12-15,000 people, and it was a good way for the purist to see both games.

Spot on Jards, double header at Subi would be a better idea !

Powerful Performance 10 years 7 months ago #28432

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386

Beasley Hutton wrote:

Demons Forever wrote: According to ABC the crowd was 6,900.

I would have thought closer to 10,000 as it didnt look too far off the 12,000 at the 2010 Prelim Final.

Agreed mate, definitely more than 7k there, more like 10k for sure, and like we spoke about at the game in 2010 the official crowd was 11250 but there was actually more as they through the gates open in the end
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Powerful Performance 10 years 7 months ago #28472

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

mikeh wrote:

Clear-View wrote: Fantastic effort today. Was worried about Swans speed and skill but thought the endeavour and work rate from EP was outstanding particularly in the 2nd half.

Oakley Nicholls and Lee kept going all day with Johnson and Lycett getting on top as the game went on.

Maldenis, Selwood, Swan, Anderson, Payne and Cripps were all excellent contributors.

Swans moved the ball well in the first half but were pretty well beaten in the clearances and contested ball in the 2nd half.

Great turnout by both sets of supporters. The East Perth chant in the 3/4 time huddle prior to the coaches addresses was very uplifting.

Bring on the Tigers.

Yeah it was a great crowd and atmosphere what do you reckon about 6- 7000?
You guys were too good all day and only our accurate kicking kept us in the game so long.
Good luck next week but beware the Tigers on the rebound! You will need to play very well to beat them

I would be shocked if the figure was not at least 9,000 - 10,000. The capacity of Basso is about 22,000.

Powerful Performance 10 years 7 months ago #28473

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
If Claremont lose the preliminary final and it is a fine day for the GF I would expect that there would be a crowd in excess of 35,000.

Powerful Performance 10 years 7 months ago #28491

• ShinyDuck
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 17
35,000??? Heck is Ash Hansen going to be there???

Powerful Performance 10 years 7 months ago #28496

• ROYAL 2019
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 40
Be lucky to get four at Claremont this week. No Parking,no toilets and no room at all.

Powerful Performance 10 years 7 months ago #28565

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874

ShinyDuck wrote: 35,000??? Heck is Ash Hansen going to be there???

P!ss off Le Victim!

Powerful Performance 10 years 7 months ago #28571

• astro
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 45
35 000 with out a doubt if fine and a derby GF.
BTW-the topic was powerful performance...agree..by the WCE players

Powerful Performance 10 years 7 months ago #28579

• Clear-View
  • Clear-View's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 11

astro wrote: 35 000 with out a doubt if fine and a derby GF.
BTW-the topic was powerful performance...agree..by the WCE players

I thought the Swans WCE players played well but powerful performance is a stretch. :whistle:

Moderators: royallucky

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 353 guests and one member online

• Swedgen

Newest Footy Recruits

• ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977