Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Team selection 10 years 6 months ago #27502

• Clear-View
  • Clear-View's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 11
It will be interesting to see the make up of the side this week. Up to 5 WCE listed players could come in. I'm thinking Wilson, Lycett and Cripps are a big chance. Not so sure about Rosa and Selwood.

Some regulars may miss out. Getting the balance right to match up with Swans is the key.

Dale Garlett has been very good in the 2 previous encounters this season. Need to keep him quiet. Easier said than done.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Clear-View. Reason: Grammar

Team selection 10 years 6 months ago #27506

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007

Clear-View wrote: It will be interesting to see the make up of the side this week. Up to 5 WCE listed players could come in. I'm thinking Wilson, Lycett and Cripps are a big chance. Not so sure about Rosa and Selwood.

Some regulars may miss out. Getting the balance right to match up with Swans is the key.

Dale Garlett has been very good in the 2 previous encounters this season. Need to keep him quiet. Easy said than done.

Why would the Eagles say no to Selwood playing Clear-view? He has retired. I wouldn't have thought they would have a problem with Rosa either

Team selection 10 years 6 months ago #27510

• Clear-View
  • Clear-View's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 11
I'm not saying they won't play just not 100% sure.

One thing I've had on my mind is what happens to delisted players in terms of going to a wafl club.

As a hypothetical lets say at the end of 2014 Carter gets delisted by WCE. Does he then belong to EP or would he be able to go to another wafl club or does he revert back to SFFC were he is this year.

Any thoughts?

Team selection 10 years 6 months ago #27518

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007

Clear-View wrote: I'm not saying they won't play just not 100% sure.

One thing I've had on my mind is what happens to delisted players in terms of going to a wafl club.

As a hypothetical lets say at the end of 2014 Carter gets delisted by WCE. Does he then belong to EP or would he be able to go to another wafl club or does he revert back to SFFC were he is this year.

Any thoughts?

I would think they would go back to their original club? I doubt whether a delisted player would want to stay with the Eagles feeder team anyway as he would find himself playing with his replacement ( or maybe in the ressies because the current AFL players would get preference in the league team).

Team selection 10 years 6 months ago #27614

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920
any WCE / Freo player who gets delisted after 2014 go back to their WAFL club of origin....bar the ES boys like brown, Gaff, SChofield etc.....thus Carter is SF first port of call, if the kid wishes to stay at EP, then WCE/EP will have to pay SF a transfer.

As for this Sundays game.....christ SD are there for the taking, they choked miserably last year when they played at home v an EF side with a good 5 -6 AFL boys.....EP talls will really stretch SD all over the ground.....Lycett or Johnson will easily tag team Lobb....when either of them rest in the FP, they will then stretch SD backline even more. The good thing about EP, is that the likes of Lee, Wulff, Clutterbuck etc on their own can more than hold their own v SD midfielders.....add Morton, Cripps and Selwood into the equation and the heat is turned up 10 fold......

Up back EP defence like SD is very tight, probably more under rated than SD, but just as effective.....Wilson enjoys his contests with Geappen......keeping tabs on Garlett and Cameron will be crucial though.....both boys are still young tho, could go either way....those two will either sink or swim......

What ever transpires, SD go into this match warm favourites, home game, higher ladder finishing and due to their arrogant belief that they are the only club in comp worthy of matching Cl......one would expect a 5 goal win to the black Ducks...

be interested to see if SD scoreboard boys put up the letters WCEP for the game....some how that little statement might come and bite them in their fluffy duck arse......fingers crossed for a ripper day of footy......hopefully the hard beer drinker SD faithful don't drink the place dry before the end of the first quarter....good luck to both teams....

Last edit: by Freezin.

Team selection 10 years 6 months ago #27617

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 373

Freezin wrote: any WCE / Freo player who gets delisted after 2014 go back to their WAFL club of origin....bar the ES boys like brown, Gaff, SChofield etc.....thus Carter is SF first port of call, if the kid wishes to stay at EP, then WCE/EP will have to pay SF a transfer.

As for this Sundays game.....christ SD are there for the taking, they choked miserably last year when they played at home v an EF side with a good 5 -6 AFL boys.....EP talls will really stretch SD all over the ground.....Lycett or Johnson will easily tag team Lobb....when either of them rest in the FP, they will then stretch SD backline even more. The good thing about EP, is that the likes of Lee, Wulff, Clutterbuck etc on their own can more than hold their own v SD midfielders.....add Morton, Cripps and Selwood into the equation and the heat is turned up 10 fold......

Up back EP defence like SD is very tight, probably more under rated than SD, but just as effective.....Wilson enjoys his contests with Geappen......keeping tabs on Garlett and Cameron will be crucial though.....both boys are still young tho, could go either way....those two will either sink or swim......

What ever transpires, SD go into this match warm favourites, home game, higher ladder finishing and due to their arrogant belief that they are the only club in comp worthy of matching Cl......one would expect a 5 goal win to the black Ducks...

be interested to see if SD scoreboard boys put up the letters WCEP for the game....some how that little statement might come and bite them in their fluffy duck arse......fingers crossed for a ripper day of footy......hopefully the hard beer drinker SD faithful don't drink the place dry before the end of the first quarter....good luck to both teams....

Freezin, quite happy for our boys to have "arrogant belief" coz that means we are feeling confident, a perfect state of mind to be in now finals are upon us. I hope your right B)

Team selection 10 years 6 months ago #27624

• maccastand
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Predictions. WCEP win.....WAFL reaction........WHO CARES!
Swans win......WAFL reaction......WELL DONE
unfortunately we all know the result. :(

Team selection 10 years 6 months ago #27750

• ROYAL 2019
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 40
Anderson has normally taken Geappen and handled him very well, surely the best full back outside the AFL system and I say that with no bias. The Swans fullback Ames is a great player too, my favourite WAFL player outside East Perth.

Team selection 10 years 6 months ago #27767

• astro
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 45
when will trevor submitt the team list

Team selection 10 years 6 months ago #27788

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381

astro wrote: when will trevor submitt the team list

Probably Gibbo has a finger in most things at EP, Past Players, grandson is the colts physio and cooks a great sausage for the colts after game meal
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

• Page:
Moderators: royallucky

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 362 guests and 2 members online

• Demons Forever
  • Time For a Flag

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr