Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

EP v The Pretenders or the Real Deal 10 years 8 months ago #23104

• Clear-View
  • Clear-View's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 11
Really looking forward to this one. Might even make the long trip up to south Geraldton to watch the game. Season defining game for both clubs. All the pressure will be on the Pretenders. Home game, 2nd spot on the line, have never really handled EP's physical pressure over the journey, have more talent and leg speed but a big question mark on ticker and running out the season. Should be a ripper. EP will need to be at their best. My market EP $2.15 WP $1.75. Enjoy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

EP v The Pretenders or the Real Deal 10 years 8 months ago #23275

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381
There is a bit of comment abt WP's fragility at this time of the season but I see a bit of the Billy coming out in them, a bit more resilience.

I like their run and movement but still wonder at being a little forward of the ball sometimes. I actually think they look better without Lecras and their younger guys look good, just cannot understand the hype on Nelson, good but at WAFL level only, I think.

Same as a few players around the league (ours included), fact is ya gotta have em and if their yours then you have to love em!

The Ferals doggedness seems to be coming through again, Dawson did say at seasons start that he wanted them fit in the last third of the season, not being pushed off the ball and I think that that is where the League and Ressies are!

Will it be close, who knows, will it be tough, yes and I think that is where we can influence the game more than they can (and I don't mean fights or sniping). If our mids get 80 possessions, and theirs do likewise, balance, if we can get clean ball to our forwards at the end of the day they are still 6'5" and the WP boys will be just that little bit slower and ...... well who knows.

It will be a great day for both clubs and hopefully some 'good' natured banter is exchanged without the histrionics and hysterical actions by some.
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

EP v The Pretenders or the Real Deal 10 years 8 months ago #23330

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386
I hope for the sake of West Perth the orange scum aren't whistle happy on Saturday and cough up 6 goals to the Ferrals like last week!. It was a game played on free kicks which nearly destroyed a good contest and with a bit of luck Swan gets filled in early doors. I expect West Perth to bounce back and have too much pace. WP by 24 pts
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

EP v The Pretenders or the Real Deal 10 years 8 months ago #23343

• Cardy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 10

Swandog wrote: I hope for the sake of West Perth the orange scum aren't whistle happy on Saturday and cough up 6 goals to the Ferrals like last week!. It was a game played on free kicks which nearly destroyed a good contest and with a bit of luck Swan gets filled in early doors. I expect West Perth to bounce back and have too much pace. WP by 24 pts

Dont forget the Melee they throw in when they are losing to unsettle the opposition..Gee Bronte would of needed a role of 50's to sort that out.
This message represents the official view of the voices in my head

EP v The Pretenders or the Real Deal 10 years 8 months ago #23347

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Swandog wrote: I hope for the sake of West Perth the orange scum aren't whistle happy on Saturday and cough up 6 goals to the Ferrals like last week!. It was a game played on free kicks which nearly destroyed a good contest and with a bit of luck Swan gets filled in early doors. I expect West Perth to bounce back and have too much pace. WP by 24 pts

Your Baskerville Purple label bomba must not have been cellared properly, sour grapes is better used in a brown butter sauce with a nice blue rib eye.

Always everyones else's fault, hahahahaha!
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

EP v The Pretenders or the Real Deal 10 years 8 months ago #23368

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Grump wrote:

Your Baskerville Purple label bomba must not have been cellared properly, sour grapes is better used in a brown butter sauce with a nice blue rib eye.

We at Swans have no need to feel sour about a club which has sold its soul to the devil incarnate. We still have Swan Districts Football Club to support; compare and contrast what team you have to support: the West Coast Eagles' reserves' team.

EP v The Pretenders or the Real Deal 10 years 8 months ago #23394

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

swan42 wrote:

Grump wrote:

We at Swans have no need to feel sour about a club which has sold its soul to the devil incarnate. We still have Swan Districts Football Club to support; compare and contrast what team you have to support: the West Coast Eagles' reserves' team.

I am sorry for Swan42, as always you want to be so righteous and sanctimonious abt everything to do with EP and that is quite sad.

The comments are fun and meant to be fun between grown ups and folks with a few brains and maturity, some traits you obviously sadly lack.

How about you get your mate George (AKA the Censor) to open a folder just for you and your ilk, you could call it the SABB( Stupid assine boring blog). You could go on there to your hearts content and dish out the dribble that emenates from your mind abt EP. Then you could leave the rest of the site for folks who want to comment abt real things, have a little fun poking at each other and get on with life in the WAFL as it is NOW!

EP v The Pretenders or the Real Deal 10 years 8 months ago #23395

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
hey Grump - i heard at the footy last week that East Perth have already signed 2 CHF's and another ruckman for 2014, not sure how they keep fitting these guys into their salary cap and points..
think their names were Sinclair, McInnes and McGovern..

Last edit: by MarkOlsen.

EP v The Pretenders or the Real Deal 10 years 8 months ago #23398

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

MarkOlsen wrote: hey Grump - i heard at the footy last week that East Perth have already signed 2 CHF's and another ruckman for 2014, not sure how they keep fitting these guys into their salary cap and points..
think their names were Sinclair, McInnes and McGovern..

Damn what are going to do with all these forwards and not backs, people start to call us jellyfish, which coincidently is the new name for Peel!

EP v The Pretenders or the Real Deal 10 years 8 months ago #23408

• jardine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
it must be all your fault Grump . seems like whenever you want to talk about footy, the predators circle and start with the dart throwing.

i certainly understand the negativity believe me, but take it out at the game. let a bloke talk about the game without the repetitive, same old insults. and it seems to be the same 2 or 3 persons. give grump a break . i am sure most of us have stated we arent happy with whats happened, but somehow we gotta lump it.

i tell you it feels strange to hope your side doesnt make finals next year so we can get the focus on the wafl comp itself. maybe Karma will come thru and catch up with bronte & the boards decision. i just dont want to see our comp as a whole deteriorate over this. as much as i have always disliked swans west perth claremont etc i still want to see these clubs thrive beyond my lifetime.

but give grump a break . im sure he & most of us get it. He didnt get a vote remember.

Moderators: royallucky

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 345 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977