Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

perhaps a suggestion that will help everyone 10 years 10 months ago #15640

• puppy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 8

DaveRoyal wrote: The Eagles and Dockers players leaving various WAFL clubs for EP and Peel next year have already been "paid" for by the eagles and dockers to whichever club they originated from. Clubs that have gotten further WAFL use out of them have further benefitted from not having to pay them for that time.

It therefore stands that EP losing any non-AFL players they have recruited/developed in the meantime should get just compensation for them as per usual.

Sorry I have to disagree with you on this point. What entitlement do you have to these players gifted to you? You are receiving resources of substantial value which you had no hand in producing or investing time or effort into. What are you giving up in return? If WAFL clubs want to pick up the excess players from EP or Peel, then EP or Peel should receive the same compensation as a non aligned WAFL club would from another WAFL club, AFL club or Eastern States State League club. You seem to accept that EP are somehow entitled to this huge windfall but should also be protected from any disadvantages that result. I think it is taking the piss to be propped up by an AFL club & yet expect not to suffer some loss of players or incur some substantial cost.

If the AFL were serious they would form a proper AFL reserves competition. Of course they want to take the cheap & easy option.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by puppy.

perhaps a suggestion that will help everyone 10 years 10 months ago #15642

• puppy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Grump wrote:

puppy wrote:

Grump wrote:

anchorman wrote: Gump sorry for Hi jacking your posy here.
So what do others think of the post and suggestions.

Not sure what you mean, the responses are fairly positive, 11/11 etc. I just want to have a pathway for the development process at EP albeit limited for lots of reasons.

I thought a draft opportunity to another WAFL club in a formal manner might stop the 'looting' process that other clubs may indulge, would give access to some good players not the best but ......

Does the act of looting only cut one way? East Perth have chosen their path so why should they receive the fruits of the 7 WAFL clubs but be protected from the looting going the other way?

Sorry bad choice of wording! I get you view point but don't necessarily agree with you. The other clubs will get far more compensation for the draft 10 times or more.

I wonder if EP & Peel would have entered into these alignments if there was a substantial or significant price to be paid. Nice to be propped up & have your local depth protected at the same time. How do the 7 WAFL clubs compete against that?

perhaps a suggestion that will help everyone 10 years 10 months ago #15648

• DaveRoyal
  • Thank you received: 0

puppy wrote:

DaveRoyal wrote: The Eagles and Dockers players leaving various WAFL clubs for EP and Peel next year have already been "paid" for by the eagles and dockers to whichever club they originated from. Clubs that have gotten further WAFL use out of them have further benefitted from not having to pay them for that time.

It therefore stands that EP losing any non-AFL players they have recruited/developed in the meantime should get just compensation for them as per usual.

Sorry I have to disagree with you on this point. What entitlement do you have to these players gifted to you? You are receiving resources of substantial value which you had no hand in producing or investing time or effort into. What are you giving up in return? If WAFL clubs want to pick up the excess players from EP or Peel, then EP or Peel should receive the same compensation as a non aligned WAFL club would from another WAFL club, AFL club or Eastern States State League club. You seem to accept that EP are somehow entitled to this huge windfall but should also be protected from any disadvantages that result. I think it is taking the piss to be propped up by an AFL club & yet expect not to suffer some loss of players or incur some substantial cost.

If the AFL were serious they would form a proper AFL reserves competition. Of course they want to take the cheap & easy option.

I agree with you we are not "entitled" to these players for nothing. But these players belong to the dockers and eagles - not the WAFL clubs. Therefore the clubs "losing" these players should not benefit as they have already been compensated for them.

The appropriate penalty it to limit EP/Peel points and/or recruitment availability in future as recognition of this. But a free for all on EP/Peel developed players is unacceptable.

perhaps a suggestion that will help everyone 10 years 10 months ago #15649

• chaddy22
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137

puppy wrote:

hey puppy when the marsh boys wanted to play for east fremantle beacuse their grandfather played for your mob did you guys give us some compensation.i can't get an answer.they come from our zone.one drafted already. is the other one a certainty.i hope you guys give us the draft fee.

perhaps a suggestion that will help everyone 10 years 10 months ago #15651

• puppy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

DaveRoyal wrote:

puppy wrote:

I agree with you we are not "entitled" to these players for nothing. But these players belong to the dockers and eagles - not the WAFL clubs. Therefore the clubs "losing" these players should not benefit as they have already been compensated for them.

The appropriate penalty it to limit EP/Peel points and/or recruitment availability in future as recognition of this. But a free for all on EP/Peel developed players is unacceptable.

Surely EP would have some players under contract & I think they should be out of bounds but I am not sure why the rest should be off limits. What is to stop EF losing 7 or 8 players in the next draft. What would stop that free for all? Would it be fair if 6 went to the Eagles & we play against them in 2014? I am not sure that EP & Peel should be totally protected against short term repercussions. I know you are concerned with EP being decimated from mass player departures but I find it hard to feel sympathetic given that they have gone into a host club arrangement for the second time. Also keep in mind that EF will have a fairly big hole in it's player roster in 2014 which will have to be filled by less experienced players. It may take 2 or 3 seasons to fully rebuild the side.

I would have also thought that EP would have considered the perils of entering such an arrangement & were willing to cop what may come their way.

I never said that EF should be compensated for the listed players they will be losing in 2014. I hope most of these players are traded next year so we don't have to play against them.

Out of curiosity, how do you feel about the alignment that will be coming into place next year? I am very relieved that EF are not one of the sides. Has there been any substantial complaining or resistance by the EP members since the season has started? I would be interested in your thoughts & feed back from your personal point of view.

Last edit: by puppy.

perhaps a suggestion that will help everyone 10 years 10 months ago #15652

• Time For a Flag
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • The VFL is not the AFL
  • Thank you received: 133
Should have two comps.
1)The wafl.
2) The quantas cup.

8 wafl teams play in the wafl.
8 wafl and 2 afl teams play in the quantas cup.

Two afl teams are
Mandurah Dockers and Joondalup Eagles.
Victorians still laugh at West Aussies because of the way we bailed out the vfl and then allowed it to be called it the AFL!

perhaps a suggestion that will help everyone 10 years 10 months ago #15654

• puppy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

chaddy22 wrote:

puppy wrote:

hey puppy when the marsh boys wanted to play for east fremantle beacuse their grandfather played for your mob did you guys give us some compensation.i can't get an answer.they come from our zone.one drafted already. is the other one a certainty.i hope you guys give us the draft fee.

Sorry Chaddy, you have lost me. I remember one of your recent deleted posts mentioned the high portion of non aligned players that beat Swans on the weekend. I guess you won't have that issue next year. At least Dave & Grump bring reasonable coherent arguments to this forum. Tell me, do you actually support this alignment? From a lot of your posts it really looks like you do. If you read my posts I did not argue that EF should receive compensation for the players that will be moving. I argued what are you giving up for these gains?

perhaps a suggestion that will help everyone 10 years 10 months ago #15656

• TheRock
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 36

puppy wrote:

EXACTLY!!!

perhaps a suggestion that will help everyone 10 years 10 months ago #15658

• TheRock
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 36

chaddy22 wrote:

puppy wrote:

Intersting question chaddy.

Someoone correct me if I'm wrong here but didn't Perth FC get the draft money when Duffy was drafted to Freo? or did they get it because he had already played colts footy for Perth???

perhaps a suggestion that will help everyone 10 years 10 months ago #15660

• chaddy22
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137

Jjim wrote: Still can't understand how this host deal is going to work if Peel and East Perth get the same number of points to build a list and yet the AFL players are currently counted as no points and they will have all of them plus a full zone. Is this how it's going to be and if so why?
Would like to see the zones of these two reduced to even things up or some other arrangement to allow recruiting the excess at these clubs with reduction in the points value of the recruits.
By the way had a good laugh at the Swans scoreboard.

i will try to explain the point system.all clubs can build a list to 130 points.colts are o points and afl players are 0 points.a teams local and country zone players are 1 pointers.all non zone players are between 2-12 ponts.to do a comparison i will compare east perth and swan districts and have used the wafl site which i doubt is up to date.here is a comparison

swans 56 local players at 1 point each =56 ponts
swans 13non zoneplayers =68 points
total players points 69 players total points =124 points

east perth 52local players at 1 point each =52 points
east perth 7 non zone players = 56 points
total players points 59 players =108 points

as you notice swans have 10 extra players and have used an extra 16 points and are still 6 points under the points cap.east perth have 10 less players and at least 22 points under the cap as they have less non zone players.i personally believe they may be at 98 points because i believe kyanga and monteath who are included as non zone players in the points are gone.

what does this all mean.east perth will not lose their local zones.the wafc may restrict the points these clubs will have to restrict non zone players being lured to these clubs but this will not affect east perth as we have so few non zone players and even if they restrict us to 100 points it won't bother us but might cause problems with peel.as for those clubs who want to lure players without having to pay transfer fees remember that johnson is a 11 pointer and smith a 10 pointer so rather than transfer fees maybe the points system may work against the g7 plunder.

Moderators: royallucky

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 275 guests and one member online

• alahoy

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977