Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

perhaps a suggestion that will help everyone 10 years 10 months ago #15559

• Grump
  • Grump's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381
and yes I realise that I am leaving myself open to the ....... but hey what is life without a bit sledging!

I think that EP should have an age cap on the reserves team and the league.

Perhaps 20 for the reserves and 22 for the league, excluding weagles players. What would happen to the players who want to go on with their career in the WAFL is that there is a draft of available players (set by the club not the WAFL or anyone else). A player nominates, gets draft into a subi etc and EP get $2k for the player. The gaining club gets a potential b grader player, no points for 3 years and no impact on their salary cap for 2 years. If a player nominates but EP decide they are a required player they can still be in the draft but the cost is now $4k, 1 point and part of the salary cap.

This way EP gets some control over their playing stock, the lack of experience is balanced out by the weagles and other clubs can pick up players that may fill their stocks. If a 'drafted player' is subsequently drafted into the AFL the gaining club gets 90% of the money unless they are drafted by the weagles.

seems fair to me but then it would wouldn't! :whistle:
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

perhaps a suggestion that will help everyone 10 years 10 months ago #15564

• La Hincha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
What's wrong with just having an 11/11 split each week between AFL and locally produced players at EP and Peel. There might even be a few occasions when 11 AFL players aren't available. But a max of 11 seems fair to both ideals.

perhaps a suggestion that will help everyone 10 years 10 months ago #15569

• La Hincha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

anchorman wrote: LH ,are you suggesting that EP have only 22 players on their list!!!

No, an 11/11 split each week in their league side.

Probably a list of 35-40 locals plus AFL listed.

perhaps a suggestion that will help everyone 10 years 10 months ago #15573

• terror
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 30

anchorman wrote: I am sure most weeks there will be more WAFL based players playing for EP than WCE players.

You think so? where will this lot play next year then?
Bennel Brennan Brown Carter Colledge Cripps Dalziel Dick Hams Hutchings Lycett McGinnity McInnes Morton Newman Nicoski Sinclair Tunbridge & Wilson.
not much room for Smith Johnson Wulff Lee & co..

perhaps a suggestion that will help everyone 10 years 10 months ago #15576

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
Eagles list is 44, not sure on Dockers..
even if they have 10 blokes a week injured there is 12 blokes available for WAFL and this week they only have 3 blokes on their injury list..

perhaps a suggestion that will help everyone 10 years 10 months ago #15577

• Lucifer
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
First can someone answer this question.........

Is it the expectation that every WCE and Dockers player gets a league game with their respective host club every week if not selected for AFL duties regardless of form, return from injury, team setup OR can they relegated to the ressies? :unsure:

perhaps a suggestion that will help everyone 10 years 10 months ago #15578

• La Hincha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Just to be sure, make it 11/11 each week and any other Eagles listed players can play ressies for EP.

There were 15 Eagles that played WAFL on the weekend. McGinnity, Brown, Dalziell, Bennell, Nicoski, Colledge, Hams, Morton, Cripps, Lycett, Wilson, Embley, Ash Smith, McInnes, Carter

Not sure if Hutchings would have played WCE or WP as the Falcons had the bye.

perhaps a suggestion that will help everyone 10 years 10 months ago #15592

• Grump
  • Grump's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381

anchorman wrote: Gump sorry for Hi jacking your posy here.
So what do others think of the post and suggestions.

Not sure what you mean, the responses are fairly positive, 11/11 etc. I just want to have a pathway for the development process at EP albeit limited for lots of reasons.

I thought a draft opportunity to another WAFL club in a formal manner might stop the 'looting' process that other clubs may indulge, would give access to some good players not the best but ......
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

perhaps a suggestion that will help everyone 10 years 10 months ago #15594

• La Hincha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Grump wrote:

anchorman wrote: Gump sorry for Hi jacking your posy here.
So what do others think of the post and suggestions.

Not sure what you mean, the responses are fairly positive, 11/11 etc. I just want to have a pathway for the development process at EP albeit limited for lots of reasons.

I thought a draft opportunity to another WAFL club in a formal manner might stop the 'looting' process that other clubs may indulge, would give access to some good players not the best but ......

A lot will depend on the number of players EP can have on their list. I think 35-40 locals is a good number which should give you between 50-55 to choose from each week, depending on injuries.

perhaps a suggestion that will help everyone 10 years 10 months ago #15596

• La Hincha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
And if you have that many, then it keeps the EP kids, the good ones at EP, at least for as long as EP keep them listed.

Moderators: royallucky

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 274 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977