Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

rd 1 v Cl 5 years 2 weeks ago #165928

• Freezin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
Considering EF have been less then average the last 2 years, the last 3 games v Cl have been close affairs....a couple of 1 kick losses, one last kick of the day and a 20 point loss in Gero. Cl have been highlighted to be top 2-3 this year, even premiers, so tough ask first up for the new coach and the reigning wooden spooners. Obviously Cl has one of the best midfield on paper in the comp with the likes of Bolton, Mitchell, Murphy and Mountford collecting the footy......so it will be crucial for the likes of Manning, Eardley, Jansen and Snadden to be competitive and hard at the contest, so the twin towers on Strnadica and Loersch up front, can be given plenty of inside 50's to kick a winning score

Great to see young Jez Sharp line up on a wing, under aged U/18 AA from last year, fantastic that Monaghan has given the youngster a crack at league footy early on. Boekhorst in the reserves is a positive sign, so hopefully he can get through unscathed, because his speed will be crucial for EF midfield. Heard that Kommer should play reserves next week, so touch wood EF get a better run on the injury front. Definitely need our best 22 on the park for majority of the games to improve on last year.

I see 3 Freo NGA boys are in EF colts side in the Walker twins and Haddow. No Dylan Curley I noticed, hopefully he is still at the club. Interesting youngster in Jonathon Garlett from Gero is playing in the colts team....state junior high jump champ, who at the recent testing had the best vertical jump standing/running by a good 10 - 15cm, hopefully he can play footy. EF colts is laden with a few state U/18 boys from last year plus a few state U/16 boys as well.….Jackson, Ruscoe, Rivers, Walker x 2, Dann, Curley, Tirant, Carroll and Haddow are playing this weekend, so fingers crossed they can kick off EF 2019 season with a win.....last year v Peel, EF started off with n 0/3 start.....Cl historically are strong through their lower grades, so gonna be a good effort to kick off the season with a 3/0 start. Good luck to all 3 grades.....and fingers crossed FF2 can provide me with an insightful and in depth run down of the game......

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

rd 1 v Cl 5 years 2 weeks ago #165978

• KCEF
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 111
Tough game first up but looks to be a good team on paper. Our ability to score should be strong. Would’ve loved that forward line 5 years ago when we had a dominant midfield. I think we look thin in the middle and that’ll be the area to watch this year. Nothing flashy about the backs either. But Rome wasn’t built in a day.

Looking forward to seeing young Sharp in action and kudos for the match committee for picking him. Also keen to check out Bray, Manning and Davies- heard good things.

Sharks by 15

Last edit: by KCEF.

rd 1 v Cl 5 years 2 weeks ago #165989

• Ti Em
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 250

KCEF wrote: Tough game first up but looks to be a good team on paper. Our ability to score should be strong. Would’ve loved that forward line 5 years ago when we had a dominant midfield. I think we look thin in the middle and that’ll be the area to watch this year. Nothing flashy about the backs either. But Rome wasn’t built in a day.

Looking forward to seeing young Sharp in action and kudos for the match committee for picking him. Also keen to check out Bray, Manning and Davies- heard good things.

Sharks by 15

I see your tipping the Sharks now KCEF - and why not, whilst not full strength it is still a decent line up we are taking to Claremont. I will confess that I know next to nothing about our opposition (they all look the same to me) - but I think we are a real chance to rain on the college boys parade today.

rd 1 v Cl 5 years 1 week ago #166010

• ruddiger
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 18
Well, the decision has been easy again. Another year, where I won't be supporting the WAFL. to thin k, if I didn't have other plans, I was going to go to this game. thank Christ for small miracles. what a waste of life that would of been!!!
I'm over this crap! what a waste of time supporting this joke of a club. Even last year I went to one game, but I wont bet going at all this year. pathetic club, that I wish would just fold and be done with.

Absolutely devastated and shattered. What ever we do or don't do, we just don't seem to improve. And don't give me this it takes time crap with a new coach. Today was pathetic!!!

Last edit: by ruddiger.

rd 1 v Cl 5 years 1 week ago #166012

• Country member
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 44
Gee whiz. 246 disposals to 386 and less that half the marks. That’s a worry.

rd 1 v Cl 5 years 1 week ago #166028

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553
It’s only the first game, but for FFS, surely were not going to be subjected to this crap again????
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

rd 1 v Cl 5 years 1 week ago #166032

• KCEF
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 111
Jesus. So undisciplined today- either defensively or with free kicks. Really dumb players.

Cracking game of Reserves though- with Tigers winning a thriller

rd 1 v Cl 5 years 1 week ago #166061

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1357
The unexpected bonus from that performance is it's shut Freezin up. The boy is lost for words who would have thought we'd see the day after his 500 word essay just 2 days ago. :lol:

But seriously, 3 goals for the entire match, 2 of them kicked in the first qtr on a perfect day for football in the first game under a new coach. I'm not sure there was a performance under Wiley that was that bad and I can't ever recall a side with a percentage of 412%. Good news is you can only get better, or can you beat that woeful effort?

I know Claremont are good, after leading them by a few goals at half time in our first scratchie they booted 8 goals unanswered in the 3rd term and went through us like a hot knife through butter. They are the team to beat this year in my book.

Crikey you blokes drew the short straw didn't you? Subi second up. Oh dear.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

Last edit: by DD.

rd 1 v Cl 5 years 1 week ago #166068

• Freezin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
Cheers DD....wow wee Perth has its biggest win and probably first ever round one win for a couple of decades and here comes DD wearing his red & black mink coat, bling and top hat....pretty sure folk read a DD gem of a post, after Freo's best ever win in a few seasons, a fortnight back.....touch wood Perth don't do a Freo on ya mate in round 2. Yep totally agree 3 goals in a game of footy is pretty piss poor.....lot of work for old Billy to do......hopefully it won't take him as long as it has taken Earl at the PFC.....Kia kaha DD

Last edit: by Freezin.

rd 1 v Cl 5 years 1 week ago #166069

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1357

Freezin wrote: Cheers DD....wow wee Perth has its biggest win and probably first ever round one win for a couple of decades and here comes DD wearing his red & black mink coat, bling and top hat....pretty sure folk read a DD gem of a post, after Freo's best ever win in a few seasons, a fortnight back.....touch wood Perth don't do a Freo on ya mate in round 2. Yep totally agree 3 goals in a game of footy is pretty piss poor.....lot of work for old Billy to do......hopefully it won't take him as long as it has taken Earl at the PFC.....Kia kaha DD

No need to remind me how fickle football can be Freezin. Some experts were talking up your Western Bulldogs about showing the numbers they were producing in their premiership year, then oh no....... beaten by Gold Coast in Melbourne. Ouch! Lol
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 321 guests and one member online

• alahoy

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977