Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

preseason squads 5 years 4 weeks ago #165283

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
Interesting to see if Monaghan gives a few lads from the winning reserves side a go next week....especially after that nine goal loss today......all about finding out who is who I guess for the new coach......be nice for EF to break their pre season drought though before the H&A season starts....been a few years now since EF won a scratch match.....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

preseason squads 5 years 4 weeks ago #165284

• ruddiger
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 18
I went last week and was impressed with what I saw. This week, I was going to go, but got stuck doing jobs and couldn't make it. (thank god for that!!)
Did any body go and can they elaborate on the performance? As a long suffering supporter its hard to not be cynical on the year ahead going on that effort, even though it was only a scratch match.

When you have been down for a while its easy to forget a admirable performance like last week, when you go down like today. Already I feel depressed about the year ahead. I honestly thought we would build on last week with another strong performance, but it sounded like we put in as much effort as a sloth after a big meal!

preseason squads 5 years 4 weeks ago #165286

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hang in there mate....totally understand where you are coming from, but early days with a few decent sorts to come in.....and for a club like EF, we need every quality hand on deck.....tho a plus with so many youngsters in the reserves having another a good win...time for a few to get a look in before the season properly starts.....

preseason squads 5 years 3 weeks ago #165289

• Ti Em
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 250

ruddiger wrote: I went last week and was impressed with what I saw. This week, I was going to go, but got stuck doing jobs and couldn't make it. (thank god for that!!)
Did any body go and can they elaborate on the performance? As a long suffering supporter its hard to not be cynical on the year ahead going on that effort, even though it was only a scratch match.

When you have been down for a while its easy to forget a admirable performance like last week, when you go down like today. Already I feel depressed about the year ahead. I honestly thought we would build on last week with another strong performance, but it sounded like we put in as much effort as a sloth after a big meal!

It was a pretty even first half EF kicking 2 goals Joondalup 3. Game broke open in the third quarter - but unfortunately for one side only though. Despite kicking into a strong breeze in the last term the falcons found few problems pushing their lead out to 11 goals before we kicked 2 late consolation goals.

Joondalup where able to maintain their intensity and work rate for four quarters - always providing a contest when they don't have the ball and pressuring the ball carrier. We were made to always work hard and looked hurried, clumsy and generally quite ordinary. When the game did open up we found them as elusive as they have been off the field with their creditors - but our mids didn't match their workrate.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 58shark, ruddiger, KCEF, Stand the Test

Last edit: by Ti Em.

preseason squads 5 years 3 weeks ago #165299

• KCEF
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 111
Great summary, Ti Em. WP moves the ball cleaner, we hacked our way forward. There weren’t many shining lights and disappointing to be blown away after an even first half. On first look, Strnadica, Schofield, Lester-Smith, Manning, Boekhorst and Kommer were missing. Caught the 2nd half of the Reserves- pretty promising performance there- though could’ve kicked a little straighter (8.20).

preseason squads 5 years 3 weeks ago #165313

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Is Billy persisting with O'Reilly up back?...Surely with Bailey, Davidson, Scott, Stokes, Winton and Jupp in the squad....perhaps O'Reilly is needed up front....esp with only 5 goals scored...seems to me when Loersch is solo up front the entries become more "bomb" like and one dimensional.....Strnadica is a must I reckon in EF forward line....provides another tall to target and for the opposition to worry about......sounds like Boekhorst and Manning are key ins for EF midfield due to their superior disposal....obviously the coach may need to spread the net before the Cl game by looking at a few of those reserves players...two wins on the trot deserves some recognition for those reserves players....

Last edit: by Freezin.

preseason squads 5 years 3 weeks ago #165319

• FIN
  • Thank you received: 4
There is only so much to tell from 'scratch matche's, and the team is learning an entirely NEW game plan which should be taken into account . Some teams take a couple of years to get that understood .. Hopefully not ours

Some BIG inclusions to yet hit the ground and interestingly the pressure & skill to be added by these players will be capitalised by the entire team I would think.
Great to see the Ressies putting the acid to the league team to keep their spots...

preseason squads 5 years 3 weeks ago #165330

• ooollllrrrrrry2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 207
How many games has Lester-Smith played over how many years? And how many of them are reserves games?
I struggle to see how his name keeps coming up as an in or a player to look to ect

preseason squads 5 years 3 weeks ago #165331

• strono
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 89
meade did his shoulder a couple of weeks ago in the intraclub & had an operation
lestersmith did his shoulder last week & having a an op....probably out for the season
schofield, strnadica & manning should all play next week id say
kommer has a quad problem
boekhurst knocking on the door to play soon
milan murdock has a 1 week suspension pending from last season which is probably why he is playing in the pre-season ressies

preseason squads 5 years 3 weeks ago #165333

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148
I agree with many points above regarding EF. I thought they were a step behind us all day and we did look good and will be there a bouts again this year. Your defence is a big concern, once again two of your players were having a massive crack at each other but this time it was on the bench for all your Members to see and hear, not a good look (Eardley and Jupps). Your Mids are going to get beaten more often than not I reckon, you will win games off the back of your 3 big blokes, you would want to pray that there are few wet days with that tall timber up forward.

WP had the following players out which augers well for us- Nelson, King, Moulton, Mills, Guadignan, Munns.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ti Em

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 304 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977