Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

preseason squads 5 years 1 week ago #164970

• greatwhitepointer
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 12
notice that Blaine Bolkhurst not named tomorrow is he fit or just left out for precaution

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

preseason squads 5 years 1 week ago #164971

• KCEF
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 109
Blaine would be around 11 months since doing his knee- you’d imagine he’s probably not too far away. Kommer and Manning weren’t on either team sheet either
The following user(s) said Thank You: Footyfan2

preseason squads 5 years 1 week ago #164994

• Ti Em
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 250

Footyfan2 wrote: Interesting League coach’s son walk up start in to league team now that Dad’s coach (Peel game). What about young Quill, Burton and others receiving an early opportunity? Unless Bill can develop a culture of team first rather than individual first the club will struggle. If Winton and Jupp are our best defenders we are in trouble. One would think club will improve considering the introduction of a new team to the comp inclusive of East Perth going alone and Eagles reseves and I heard Perth are still struggling, more wins on the board I guess. But EF not Premiership material.

Winton and JUpp are our best defenders. They need better support then what they received in the last 2 seasons - thats all, after all is not the best form of defence attack?

Tom Monaghan is part of the senior list after coming through the colts. He has been at the club longer than his dad. Bill's appointment as senior coach surely should not used as a reason to disadvantage Tom either. These next few weeks is about having a good look at ALL players and coming up with the best 22 for RD 1. The side that runs around as the league side next week will no doubt be a lot different to the side playing today.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Footyfan2

Last edit: by Ti Em.

preseason squads 5 years 1 week ago #165006

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1351
Bill and EF were kicked in the arse by a rainbow when Geoff Valentine pulled out of the EF job obviously after receiving a phone call from WP. All prior to WP's dire financial plight being revealed. EF ended up with a premiership coach and Bill ended up with a job at a financially sound football club.
Get on your bike.

Last edit: by DD.

preseason squads 5 years 1 week ago #165008

• Ti Em
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Footyfan2 wrote: And Jono Marsh 3rd best defender? Mate and Jupp can’t kick for god sake. :)

I think you will find Jono Marsh is no longer at shark park.

preseason squads 5 years 1 week ago #165019

• ruddiger
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 16
Went and had a look at the game today. East Freo led all day, except for the last 50 seconds to lose by 3 points. Loersch an important target in the forward line, and if he stays injury free, will be a 50 goal plus player for us. Not sure how many he kicked today, but was at least 4. We seemed to lack height in our back line, and other sides will stretch us with the likes of Darcy playing for peel and one other (not sure who) tall Peel had in the forward line making it difficult for our backmen. Was happy with our tackling and pressure, and it was a noticeable difference in the way we played with players a lot harder at the ball, and Peel not getting easy disposal. the new rule of 6,6,6 certainly came into play in the last 5 minutes with a really strong breeze favouring the end Peel were kicking to, and while EF were ahead by 17 points with 5 minutes to go, not being able to flood the backline at centre bounces really made a difference. A good hitout and look forward to see how we go next week. Still got Manning and Boekhurst to come back into the side as well.

From what I saw, and very early days yet, we will be a lot more competitive this year, but not sure we'll trouble the better sides like Subi etc..
The following user(s) said Thank You: 58shark

preseason squads 5 years 1 week ago #165029

• Ti Em
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

ruddiger wrote: Went and had a look at the game today. East Freo led all day, except for the last 50 seconds to lose by 3 points. Loersch an important target in the forward line, and if he stays injury free, will be a 50 goal plus player for us. Not sure how many he kicked today, but was at least 4. We seemed to lack height in our back line, and other sides will stretch us with the likes of Darcy playing for peel and one other (not sure who) tall Peel had in the forward line making it difficult for our backmen. Was happy with our tackling and pressure, and it was a noticeable difference in the way we played with players a lot harder at the ball, and Peel not getting easy disposal. the new rule of 6,6,6 certainly came into play in the last 5 minutes with a really strong breeze favouring the end Peel were kicking to, and while EF were ahead by 17 points with 5 minutes to go, not being able to flood the backline at centre bounces really made a difference. A good hitout and look forward to see how we go next week. Still got Manning and Boekhurst to come back into the side as well.

From what I saw, and very early days yet, we will be a lot more competitive this year, but not sure we'll trouble the better sides like Subi etc..

We probably would have hung on and won if we had continued to use the eastern flank of the ground in the dying moments - particularly from kick ins after Peel scored behinds. I think generally though encouraging signs.

preseason squads 5 years 1 week ago #165037

• KCEF
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 109
I managed to get down just after half time of the Ressies. Liked what I saw from the Ressires- a very young side. Liked the work of the big blonde ruckman, Watson and tenacious mid, Murdock. The kid we got from Peel, Tassone, moves well and kicked 2-3. Bonomelli and Teakle both played forward and gave us good targets. Davies, from Claremont, played- he looked a cut above and I’d say he will be in the League side in Rd 1.
Wasn’t sure what we’d get from the League. I counted 14 Freo- with Darcy, Matera, Nyhuis, Duman and McCarthy being the most experienced at AFL level. I thought it was a pretty tough and contested game and we certainly held our own. Loersch and Strnadica looked like taking the game by the scruff of the neck at times but didn’t. Little #3, Ambrose Ryan kicked a ripping goal and showed some class. The pony tailed kid- Bray, was good. Disappointed we didn’t managed to hold on, the breeze was certainly very strong, but more proof we’re going to be super competitive this year. Finals look a realistic chance if we can replicate that effort consistently

preseason squads 5 years 1 week ago #165040

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553

Footyfan2 wrote: You’re right Ti Em more competitive this year but a loss is a loss I guess. And with Boekhurst (hasn’t played for 12 months and TBH he is not quality like Marsh or Hampson). Manning ( who I rate but again has not played for 12 months) Harrold and Cuneo to come in, there ain’t much depth in club. Lester-Smith injured shoulder yesterday. We were very competitive this time last year and then fell away. Time will tell I guess but I believe Bill is the man to take the club forward and upwards.

Did you see ANYTHING that was a positive for our club?
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

preseason squads 5 years 1 week ago #165041

• Ti Em
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

58shark wrote:

Footyfan2 wrote: You’re right Ti Em more competitive this year but a loss is a loss I guess. And with Boekhurst (hasn’t played for 12 months and TBH he is not quality like Marsh or Hampson). Manning ( who I rate but again has not played for 12 months) Harrold and Cuneo to come in, there ain’t much depth in club. Lester-Smith injured shoulder yesterday. We were very competitive this time last year and then fell away. Time will tell I guess but I believe Bill is the man to take the club forward and upwards.

Did you see ANYTHING that was a positive for our club?

Plenty of positives. The Ressies won by 45 points and looked sharp from the get go. Quite a few of them would be pushing for a league spot. The League side consisted probably of 15 or 16 of our best 22. Boekhurst, Kommer and Manning to come in but Snuffy had his arm in a tourniquet post match so may be out for while. Ambrose Ryan impressed, so did Alex Bray. Leon Pearton, Tom Marshall and Tom Bennett look ready to continue with their progression. Our tall timber did well too. Bill Monaghan's demeanour was calm and impressive.

Dockers reserve team had learnt from their loss last year at this ground and played the strong SW wind well when it mattered, unfortunately we did'nt at the death - so basically bottled it.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 346 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes