Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

2019 Season 5 years 2 months ago #162150

• KCEF
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 109
2018 was most likely the worst year in the Clubs history. Heres hoping we can put the year behind us and its onwards and upwards from here.

I predict improvement in 2019 but probably not enough to make finals. There's a big jump needed. I like what's been happening so far and while disappointed to lose some good players- I'm backing in Bill and his team.

Here's to a better, more competitive 2019!

Tried to put together a Rd 1 team but it's quite hard with so many new and returning players- but this is my effort:

Bray. Jupp. Scott
Schofield. Winton. Harrold
Boekhorst. Davies. Snadden
Manning. O'Reilly. Ryan
Perham. Loersch. Kommer

Strnadica. Jansen. Eardley

Bench: Griffin

Others:
Henson
Pearton
Lester-Smith
Adamini
Bennett
Bailey
Marshall
Murdock

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by KCEF.

2019 Season 5 years 2 months ago #162152

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1350
Gee Hampson would be handy in that line-up right? Bill will be hoping that one doesn't come back to bite him on the bum.
Get on your bike.

2019 Season 5 years 2 months ago #162158

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920
Cheers for that team KC.....be great to keep players on the park more in 2019....Loersch kicked 30 playing half a season...with Strnadica and O'Reilly down there, hopefully the big fella can kick 50 plus....would love to see the likes if Davidson and Scott develop up back....Bailey stays fit....Boekhorst is a big in....despite doing his knee hopefully he provides the mids with some outside zip....fast ball to our tall forwards....also smalls in Ryan, Murdock and Ritchie should benefit with some height up front.....good to see some depth as well....playing 70 odd through the season in the reserves really did strip the club down to its bare bones.

Whilst on paper Hampson definitely adds some much needed class to the team...I have faith in Monaghans decision....not sure if true,but heard a rumour that Pickering and Smart over ruled the senior players and back room coaches to vote to give George a wide berth....time will tell...

2019 Season 5 years 2 months ago #162167

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553

DD wrote: Gee Hampson would be handy in that line-up right? Bill will be hoping that one doesn't come back to bite him on the bum.

I don’t think he would give that a second thought DD. The decision was made, action was taken. To steal a quotation, “Look up, always. Look back, never.”
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal, ooollllrrrrrry2

2019 Season 5 years 2 months ago #162172

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
As someone pointed out before, whatever your view on Hampson, Old Easts' finshed bottom with him in the team. I will be interested to see where SD play him as he seems to be unfit for the mid field; he wouold make quite a good goal sneak.

2019 Season 5 years 2 months ago #162179

• KCEF
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Thats right Ark. George would be handy in a good side- not sure EF get there over the next few years so best to move him on- and even better they get some $$$ for him.

What about you, Frezzin- any Rd 1 predictions?

2019 Season 5 years 2 months ago #162184

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Reckon youngsters like Murdock, Scott and Davidson could be in the mix....would love to see those two latter boys fill the key defensive spots in CHB and FB....probably not yet tho....Murdock is a terrier and definitely will be in the mix for round 1.

Thru midfield Boekhorst, Manning and Davies will more than adequately replace Hampson...one with speed, another with toughness and another as a run with lockdown sort.....tho the former two coming off long term injuries....so who knows.....

Last edit: by Freezin.

2019 Season 5 years 2 months ago #162207

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148

KCEF wrote: 2018 was most likely the worst year in the Clubs history. Heres hoping we can put the year behind us and its onwards and upwards from here.

I predict improvement in 2019 but probably not enough to make finals. There's a big jump needed. I like what's been happening so far and while disappointed to lose some good players- I'm backing in Bill and his team.

Here's to a better, more competitive 2019!

Tried to put together a Rd 1 team but it's quite hard with so many new and returning players- but this is my effort:

Bray. Jupp. Scott
Schofield. Winton. Harrold
Boekhorst. Davies. Snadden
Manning. O'Reilly. Ryan
Perham. Loersch. Kommer

Strnadica. Jansen. Eardley

Bench: Griffin

Others:
Henson
Pearton
Lester-Smith
Adamini
Bennett
Bailey
Marshall
Murdock

Manning a Shark, still shaking my head at that decision by him, I reckon there was some problems with the injury bill (insurance) and of course his fondness of the other Bill. Poor decision by Kody but stiff shit, move on.

2019 Season 5 years 2 months ago #162242

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Poor in what way Leedy?....no harm in a change of scenery mate....WP probably have gotten the best years out of Manning....coming off a long term injury....not too sure what you are really complaining about TBH....

2019 Season 5 years 1 month ago #163331

• KCEF
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
www.effc.com.au/news/16314/q-a-with-paul-sanzone?a

Nice little update from Paul Sanzone (Assistant) on Club website

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 381 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL