Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

George Hampson Sacked 5 years 3 months ago #161696

• TheRock
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 36
George explained himself well and was surprised of the decision. Will be interested if the club responds with their side of the story.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

George Hampson Sacked 5 years 3 months ago #161703

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920
The thing I find interesting Rock.....is that a new coach walks into a club, does a needs assessment of the clubs culture and the reigning F&B is let go within a month.......speaks volumes and TBH nothing more to be said....proof will be in the pudding I guess......on paper both those ins for SD are great ones....both talented footballers......big call by any club, let alone the reigning wooden spooners, to not have them on their list......time will tell I guess.....no I in team they say.....or so Monaghan says anyway

Last edit: by Freezin.

George Hampson Sacked 5 years 3 months ago #161705

• KCEF
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 109
Club doesn’t need to explain anything. Everyone around the club, supporters and other clubs all know what George is like. Only have to sit near the bench, go to the huddle or listen to him at awards. Good luck to him, but as a Sharks supporter for 30 odd years- I applaud the move. Can’t keep going the way we were- uncompetitive and a rabble- all while George was there- he’s no messiah
The following user(s) said Thank You: ooollllrrrrrry2

George Hampson Sacked 5 years 3 months ago #161707

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1543
I think Jarrod Schofield and Bill Monaghan are pretty astute coaches and judges of character, and the fact they both came to the same conclusion speaks volumes to me.

George Hampson Sacked 5 years 3 months ago #161711

• Falcon
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 154
Don't know about this one BC, getting rid of a F&B player is a bit strange, starting to wonder if it has more to do with freeing up money to pay the new recruits,,,,Dunno
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swandog

George Hampson Sacked 5 years 3 months ago #161715

• Ti Em
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 249

KCEF wrote: Club doesn’t need to explain anything. Everyone around the club, supporters and other clubs all know what George is like. Only have to sit near the bench, go to the huddle or listen to him at awards. Good luck to him, but as a Sharks supporter for 30 odd years- I applaud the move. Can’t keep going the way we were- uncompetitive and a rabble- all while George was there- he’s no messiah

He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

We have been an uncompetitive rabble whilst alot of other people have been there too but suppose you can't get rid of everyone - just looks a little odd getting rid of our best player.

But as they saying goes execute one, educate a thousand.

George Hampson Sacked 5 years 3 months ago #161732

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920
benchmark been well n truly set by Monaghan....and if Simpson got the flick when Wiley was coach, the kid must of stuffed up really bad.....obviously Billy runs a tight ship.....sort of thing EF needs right now more than likely...great analogy Ti Em....execute one.... educate a 1000....

George Hampson Sacked 5 years 3 months ago #161736

• KCEF
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 109
Monaghan was on 91.3 this morning and touched on the decision. Rome wasn't built in a day but I like the direction they're trying to head in.

George Hampson Sacked 5 years 3 months ago #161765

• ooollllrrrrrry2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 207
The club has been poor onfield for a number of years, there has been comments on this site and others where it has been suggested that some players run their own race and the show. Maybe it's true, maybe it's not but the performance has been below par to say the least.
The first stint for Wiley as a WAFL coach was ordinary and his second one worse, Monaghan has an impressive record as a senior WAFL coach and he must get the run of place and the players rather than the tail wagging the dog.

Pretty sure that the expression 'execute one to educate a thousand' was said by or about Mao Tse-Tung, if it was it worked for him.

George Hampson Sacked 5 years 3 months ago #161768

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553
Not sure what to think after hearing George on the podcast. He’s saying he has some good friends at the club and gave a good explanation as to what he has been through and how he was looking after his body. At the same time, I have great respect for Bill M due to what he has achieved and can only trust he has made the right decision.
So if we’re getting deep and meaningful, “A good decision executed quickly is better than a great one never executed”.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 383 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL