Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

EF v SF 10 years 11 months ago #12861

• TheRock
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 36
Got there to see the reserves and was disappointed at the skill level from our boys. Making bad decisions and missing targets regularly has been the norm from what I have seen in the past few weeks. Let's hope the coaching staff can rectify this sooner than later otherwise their season could be in tatters. C'mon boys pull your finger out and start performing.

The league did what they had to do today but I was again disappointed in some of our decision making. Juppy made some blues on debut but shows he will be a reliable defender for many years to come. Simpson showed why Freo picked him with some outstanding runs, marks and foot skills. His chase in the last qtr was brilliant and was rewarded accordingly. ROB & Gouthy did as they've done all season and were great through the midfield which provided plenty of drive forward. Coops and Bayliss were outstanding in the backline. Our forward line lack that tall power option so players like Dick & Duffy need to step up. Unfortunately they were quiet tonight and we got away with it but this will cost us when we come up against better sides. All in all a 4 goal win which could have easily been 8 or 9.

I'll be back at the concrete jungle tomorrow night to see if the colts boys can make it 6 in a row.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

EF v SF 10 years 11 months ago #12867

• Freezin
  • Topic Author
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
listened to the game from over here in not so sunny NZ.......always good to win a derby, no matter how it is done. 7.3 to half time and were able to repeat that in one quarter, all be it back to front. SF fans must be scratching their heads big time, I wonder how many games Hase has left before he jumps.....not looking good on his prospective AFL coaching CV......if only JD hadn't pulled the pin!

Totally agree Rock....no tall target up front, though LesterSmith keeps kicking them, Simpson looks exciting and a handful, either one of Henson or a Boyle type bob up each week with a few goals, all EF need now is for Dick and Duffy to ignite from time to time, still I guess their mere presence results in them taking a higher profile defender thus allowing the lesser knowns up front a 'weaker' defender!! Need Young back big time, let Symonds and MacDougall ruck and play Young at FF.....not gonna happen for a while though.....wonder when 211 is fit for a game or 3 in the WAFL.

Great to hear Cooper play with zest, also Jupp on debut, hopefully in time the kid can hold down either CHB or FB. Not too sure where EF sit at present, reckon against taller sides EF will be exposed, especially quality ones. Still 4/2 with WP and CL left to play to finish the first round of WAFL.....state game and a bye mixed in, plus a Norwood game in their some where I guess. Big game v WP next week, 2nd spot up for grabs, don't think EF are playing well enough to deserve it, but hey beggars can't be choosers I guess.

EF v SF 10 years 11 months ago #12878

• Beasley Hutton
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874
I thought you might have gone up to Windy Wellington to finally watch a live game of the greatest code of footy freeze after having to put up with boring ol rugby all year long!!

EF v SF 10 years 11 months ago #12932

• Freezin
  • Topic Author
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
BH, who needs to watch it when AFL.COM has live stats mate ;) .....plus the game was live on NZ Sky Sports TV....that and the Ess v Col game!!(and that never happens here on NZ tv!).....saved myself a $700 night out(return flights, accommodation, entry etc).....sat at home with a few Kiwi buddies and my sons and their mates, explaining to them all the finer points of our great game.....saying that, it was only Sydney v St Kilda....though they all left pretty convinced that Brian Peake and Murray Wrensted were the two greatest AFL footballers to ever live!! ;)

Last edit: by Freezin.

EF v SF 10 years 11 months ago #12938

• Beasley Hutton
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874

Freezin wrote: BH, who needs to watch it when AFL.COM has live stats mate ;) .....plus the game was live on NZ Sky Sports TV....that and the Ess v Col game!!(and that never happens here on NZ tv!).....saved myself a $700 night out(return flights, accommodation, entry etc).....sat at home with a few Kiwi buddies and my sons and their mates, explaining to them all the finer points of our great game.....saying that, it was only Sydney v St Kilda....though they all left pretty convinced that Brian Peake and Murray Wrensted were the two greatest AFL footballers to ever live!! ;)

Haha yeah fair enough ..if only Alf Shiosaki & Mark Norsworthy had of graced Victoria Park & Windy Hill etc instead of just East Freo Oval they surely would have just tipped out Bomber & Muzza hey freeze!! ;)

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

EF v SF 10 years 11 months ago #12972

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553
Young Juppy pulled a boner with his first touch, then ended up one of the better players for the game. Fair comment?
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

EF v SF 10 years 11 months ago #12999

• TheRock
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Good finish with the Colts boys winning by 4 goals. Led all night and looked the better team from start to finish. Our best game of the year with an all round team effort. Strong performances by our midfield in Jansen, Barone and Green leading the way. Marsh was on fire in the first half and would have had all of the 18 AFL scouts licking their lips. Backs were all solid and rebounded many times which set up our mids to drive the ball forward. WP next week which should be a win followed by the bench mark in Claremont which no doubt will be the acid test.

EF v SF 10 years 11 months ago #13011

• Cardy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 10
Thought you guys would be interested in these Facts from Footy Facts website. Thanks again to Ric for running a very interesting website that gives us a rundown on Games between two sides.

waflfootyfacts.net/index.html

1st time since 1965 South Fremantle have started season 0-6. Worst start: 0-19 in 1944 (entire season).
Despite the win East Fremantle's streak of 3 consecutive games scoring 100 or more points v South Fremantle has come to an end. Best streak: 12 games from round 2, 1984 to round 18, 1987.
1st time since rounds 1 and 20 of 2007 that East Fremantle have had consecutive wins over South Fremantle at Fremantle Oval. Last win: Round 11, 2012.
1st time since round 20, 2007 that East Fremantle have defeated South Fremantle when scoring under 100 points.
Lowest winning score for East Fremantle v South Fremantle since winning 11.17 (83) to 6.10 (46) in round 10, 2002. Lowest winning score: EF 4.6 (30) v SF 4.4 (28) in 2nd Semi Final, 1910.
Least amount of points scored in the fourth quarter by South Fremantle v East Fremantle since they were scoreless in the last quarter in round 16, 1994.
1st goal-less quarter by South Fremantle v East Fremantle since the first quarter (0.2) in round 21, 2009.
Since 1997, South Fremantle have occupied 9th place on the ladder a total of 10 times, of which 5 have been in the last 6 weeks. Most times in 9th place: Peel Thunder 184 times.
This message represents the official view of the voices in my head

EF v SF 10 years 11 months ago #13015

• ando
  • Thank you received: 0

TheRock wrote: Good finish with the Colts boys winning by 4 goals. Led all night and looked the better team from start to finish. Our best game of the year with an all round team effort. Strong performances by our midfield in Jansen, Barone and Green leading the way. Marsh was on fire in the first half and would have had all of the 18 AFL scouts licking their lips. Backs were all solid and rebounded many times which set up our mids to drive the ball forward. WP next week which should be a win followed by the bench mark in Claremont which no doubt will be the acid test.

What position was Jonno Marsh playing?.

EF v SF 10 years 11 months ago #13045

• TheRock
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

ando wrote:

TheRock wrote: Good finish with the Colts boys winning by 4 goals. Led all night and looked the better team from start to finish. Our best game of the year with an all round team effort. Strong performances by our midfield in Jansen, Barone and Green leading the way. Marsh was on fire in the first half and would have had all of the 18 AFL scouts licking their lips. Backs were all solid and rebounded many times which set up our mids to drive the ball forward. WP next week which should be a win followed by the bench mark in Claremont which no doubt will be the acid test.

What position was Jonno Marsh playing?.

CHF.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 375 guests and 5 members online

• Beasley Hutton
  • Freezin
  • Demons Forever
  • Omah

Newest Footy Recruits

• Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020