Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Spoon 5 years 8 months ago #152723

• TheRock
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 36
I see a few EF players were listed as injured not that long ago and season ending yet the following have been playing amos:-

Jesse Mirco (NF) - played the last 7 games and kicked bags of 2,3,6,2,2,4 & 5.
Brandan Ellis (Willetton) - played the last 3 games and kicked bags of 5,3 & 5.
Liam Anthony (CBC) - played last 2 games.

Just confused as to why they wouldn't be playing at EF if fit???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Spoon 5 years 8 months ago #152726

• Royals78
  • Thank you received: 3
I thought you may have got the lowdown on Jesse whilst you were partying with his parents in Bali Rock. May be that he was not happy at EF ;)

Spoon 5 years 8 months ago #152729

• Freezin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
From memory reading on the EF website, Mirco had a debilitating back injury which prevented him from doing any preseason in 2018 and seems only been back playing footy in the ammos as you say mate over the last 2 months....perhaps it's a decision to lighten his load but keep playing, with the aim of coming back in 2019 to WAFL footy.....good to see him back playing any footy TBH full stop....

as for Ellis he did his knee towards the end of 2016.....struggled with reoccurring quad problems this year....ditto like Mirco, hopefully Ellis is easing his way back into footy via the ammos with the aim of doing a WAFL preseason in Oct/Nov.....both talented tall forwards which EF have missed in 2018.....

As for LA, blighted with soft tissue injuries for the past 18 months....not sure at 30 will be injury free enough for the demands of semi professional footy....definitely missed his experience on the field....but who knows......all 3 still on EF website playing list without the dreaded allocated number 99 jumper....but no longer on EF injury list tho......so who knows....LOL

Spoon 5 years 8 months ago #152733

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874
Interesting decision by your football department to over rule the Player Leadership Group in allowing Loersch to play League yesterday after being late for a recovery session during the week?!

Spoon 5 years 8 months ago #152740

• Freezin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
Yeah heard that too BH....I guess there in lies the mess at EF mate....need a strong character to turn things around me thinks.....

Last edit: by Freezin.

Spoon 5 years 8 months ago #152742

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874

Freezin wrote: Yeah heard that too BH....I guess there in lies the mess at EF mate....need a strong character to turn things around me thinks.....

Must admit Freeze I found it rather surprising considering all the talk of the tail wagging the dog over at EF over the last few years....then you have the plt making a strong decision to set a standard that has to be met by all players and the football dept then completely dismiss and over rule it?!?!?

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

Spoon 5 years 8 months ago #152744

• KCEF
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 111
Oh dear! Especially as there's been plenty of players that have missed games due to missing compulsory training sessions- Hampson, Scott, Perham come to mind. Who over-ruled it?? Surely not Wiley?? Such a basket case down there- going nowhere. New coach is on a hiding to nothing- no wonder there's little interest

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 366 guests and 2 members online

• Sand Surfer

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977