Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

New coach 5 years 10 months ago #149732

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
What happens if EF storm home and win their 8 remaining games, semi's, prelim and GF....does Robbie apply for the vacant coaching role that he vacated?

Don't want Brennan....needs to coach for longer.....but he may come cheap.....Cl will keep Harris I reckon......they aren't far off.....Bill will go back to Subi.....leaving WP who Leedy reckons Sanzone will be a good choice....this leaving EF the only club seeking a coach......can't see a decision being made till Lynn Medal time

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New coach 5 years 10 months ago #149735

• KCEF
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 111
They'll all come cheap!!!!

I think the Monaghan situation was that he might move to Broome for business. I think Harris would be a candidate for WP. Maybe even Curley. Subi- who knows, but rumours last year that Harding was in the mix. Brennan isn't anywhere near ready. Pickering had coached for about 6 seasons before he landed his role. I've seen nothing from Jacob to suggest he's ready to go.

New coach 5 years 10 months ago #149737

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
Correct KCEF. Monaghan has said he's a real chance to move up to Broome with his family which is why his tenure at WP after this year is in the air. Bill would be a good fit at Subi but can't see it happening. Subi would be making moves in the background already as it's common knowledge Schofield will be going so I wouldn't be surprised if there's a shortlist already although in saying that, the end of the AFL season could throw up a few surprises when various senior coaches and assistants get the push.

New coach 5 years 10 months ago #149754

• puppy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 8
Until we sort our shit out a good coach would most likely be wasted on us. I really hope that we are able to attract someone that is both capable, experienced & compatible with the club, players & administration. It will be a big challenge for the club to attract someone of a high calibre that is willing to take on this role. I would expect any such applicant that was offered the position to ask a shed load of questions & insist on a lot of assurances before accepting the role. This role threatens to be a CV killer for the person brave enough to accept.

New coach 5 years 10 months ago #149755

• Observer
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 3
Is it only Wiley that should fall on his sword? One would hope a total clean up of the Football Dept and a fresh start!

New coach 5 years 10 months ago #149756

• puppy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 8

Observer wrote: Is it only Wiley that should fall on his sword? One would hope a total clean up of the Football Dept and a fresh start!

Agreed. And given the piss poor efforts of the league side this year, a few players should be moved on as well.

New coach 5 years 10 months ago #149770

• KCEF
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 111
I listened to Wiley and Shimmon interview on 91.3 during the week- wow! Shimmon basically said that the playing group was selfish and did their own thing. Wiley alluded to it. The buck stops with the coach in that regard- it should've been stamped out no matter who it is.

Shimmon was very wishy washy with some of his answers. Basically said that the old school coaches like Wiley and Malaxos don't work with this group. Why did they appoint Wiley then???

It's on their website if anyone is interested

Last edit: by KCEF.

New coach 5 years 10 months ago #149771

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
Got no probs Wiley being appointed.....more so why re-appoint him and extend his contract....surely the likes if Shimmon, Stewart et al should be sidelined as well......

New coach 5 years 10 months ago #149780

• 58shark
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553
We finally got through a week without getting flogged.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

New coach 5 years 9 months ago #150018

• strono
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 89
well off with a group of mates to geraldton to watch the sharks through thick & thin

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 438 guests and 2 members online

• 58shark
  • Omah

Newest Footy Recruits

• Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020
  • MrBulldog
  • FremantlesFinest