Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Our Next Coach 5 years 11 months ago #148202

• KCEF
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 111
If the rumours are true and Wiley falls on his sword, who is our next coach? Judging by past appointments, Woewodin would have to be a front runner. I just hope we go through a thorough selection process. Swans didn’t rush there’s and look like they’re onto a winner with Pickering. Claremont and EF ushered in high profile coaches (no doubt targeted) and it isnt/hasn’t worked. Subiaco are likely to be looking for a new coach also at the years end. The squad isn’t that bad. Facilities are poor. I’m not sure I have much faith in the higher ups to make the right appointment.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by KCEF.

Our Next Coach 5 years 11 months ago #148214

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357
Is a bit of a mystery as to whay's happening there.
Personally, would it be wise to bring a new coach in a third of the way through the season?
Unless the situation can change quickly, East Fremantles season is over anyway.
Does the club wait until seasons end for the coaches decision, or will the coach walk away now. If a new coach comes in now, will the teams onfield performance improve?
These situations are always difficult.
And sadly it's always the coach getting the chop.
With one club seeking a new coach next season, do East Fremantle try and get in early and move now?
I'd like to see Wiley stay on until the end of the season and then decide.
Micale would be a good choice but he's not interested. Woewodin is unavailable.

Our Next Coach 5 years 11 months ago #148230

• Grey Fin
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 4
Dont shut Woewodins door just yet. It is a saloon door is is swinging both ways. The right offer, the right terms, the right team off the field might just convince, but then again, he has to want to do it.

Our Next Coach 5 years 11 months ago #148250

• KCEF
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 111
I don't think they can appoint Woewodin now. They need to go through the process. Swans did and took their time and it looks like they got a good one. EF and CL line up big name coaches and it hasn't worked. Harris and Wiley both hadn't coached their own teams for years. Having said that, if the blokes making the appointments are peanuts- it doesn't really matter! Maybe they'll get lucky

Our Next Coach 5 years 11 months ago #148253

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
Yeah Pickering looks the goods, but like any coach lets see how he goes with a few extended injuries to key players......every coach success is dictated by the cattle they have available.....

EF recruited well supposedly on paper with a number of ex AFL listed guys.....Loersch took to round 6 to play, Boekhorst has played 30 seconds of footy, Kommer hasn't played since round 4, whilst Snadden and Jansen have spent the last two seasons playing WAFL reserves and the NEAFL respectively..not too sure which is the stronger comp TBH.. ..Griffen is on the other side of 30.....with LA and JMac been absent for long periods, ditto to BOB and Lester-Smith just returned from an ACL..Wiley could of been luckier I gess with player availability......but come end of the day the true indicator of a good coach is working successfully with what he has available......can't see Wiley moving on till the seasons end tho.....if he does stay on for 2019 could see a few players pulling the pin.....good thing or a bad thing?

Last edit: by Freezin.

Our Next Coach 5 years 11 months ago #148256

• Custodian
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 76
If Wiley goes then another possible candidate could be Andrew Lockyer. He did a good job as senior coach for the second half of the season blooding young players when Rod Lester-Smith resigned. He was an applicant when David Dunbar was appointed but missed out because the club wanted a full time coach at that time and Andrew was only prepared to do it on a part-time basis. If only we had made a different decision.

Last edit: by Custodian.

Our Next Coach 5 years 11 months ago #148257

• GarlicBreath
  • Thank you received: 0
I think some of you blokes are being a bit harsh on Harris!
He had a number of his squad from last year drafted and then moved on numerous more that weren't quite on his "team 1st" wave length.
I wouldn't be so quick to mark his card so harshly.
From what Iv seen this year you couldn't compare team moral between the sharks and tigers, and that tells me a lot about a couch, however EF are a angry, frustrated and disallusioned bunch atm.

Our Next Coach 5 years 11 months ago #148260

• astro
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 45
Harris is over rated. He last won a flag in the WAFL last decade and even then had a cast of high quality imports.

Our Next Coach 5 years 11 months ago #148261

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1358

Custodian wrote: If Wiley goes then another possible candidate could be Andrew Lockyer. He did a good job as senior coach for the second half of the season blooding young players when Rod Lester-Smith resigned. He was an applicant when David Dunbar was appointed but missed out because the club wanted a full time coach at that time and Andrew was only prepared to do it on a part-time basis. If only we had made a different decision.

That would be great, then you could do something very rare in WAFL these days. Poach one from Subiaco. You should get him for nothing under the father son rule. Good luck with that.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

Our Next Coach 5 years 11 months ago #148264

• GarlicBreath
  • Thank you received: 0
This is his 5th season as head coach since the flag...
Imports?

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 747 guests and one member online

• Omah

Newest Footy Recruits

• ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977