Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

v EP 5 years 11 months ago #147095

• Freezin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
EF being in the game still at quarter time this round, will be the key here for an improved performance....a couple of early EP goals might seea few EF heads drop me thinks.....EP are playing some good footy of late..... interesting enough in EF first 3 games, their first halves were EF stronger plus areas, enabling all 3 contests to be close exc Iiting contests....the writing on the wall was paramount heading into the second quarter of both recent shellackings....no fight, desire or nous shown by those on and off the footy field to get back into the contest.

Loersch in is a monty....sadly for Wiley, Loersch himself and most EF fans the 203 cm/100+ kg youngster with little or no senior footy, will be depended on to be successful from the off....never usually the case as most youngsters, especially coming back from injury and with limited senior exposure take a while game wise to find their feet.....one can only hope Loersch's mere physical presence will facilitate a simplified more direct game plan and bring others to the fore.... but as folk have rightly said EF mids need to step up early and get more inside 50s for the forwards to work from....

Thus does this mean young in and under mids like Harding and Holmes get a run this week?....Henson back from illness brings some experience I guess to the table....is Eardley ready or with the state game bye the following weekend Eardley, Kommer etc come back in for the WP game...not sure the state of play for LA....but for him to come back in, LA surely needs some more footy under his belt.....

...does Howson stay in and hopefully plays better not being EF number one tall target.....or is he reserves bound to find some goal scoring confidence?...Perham seems to be kicking a few of late....are Green, Kalajzic, Wynnes 1&2 likely candidates for demotion?....Cuneo and in up back over Holmes or Creasey?.....Does Nevill come in after his 5 goal performance in the reserves v SD....I guess with the reserves bottom like the league at 1/4....tho with no shellackings like the league, has Wiley got much to play with....

...sounds like Snuffy 2 will be back this weekend as well.....perhaps by the next derby, EF may have a side that on paper looks like the one Wiley recruited for at least.....10 first 22 players out injured hasn't helped EF cause so far....but then again injuries are part n parcel of footy and one is only good as their depth....Does O'Reilly come in?....perhaps young inside mid in Tom Joyce gets a look in....the kid is reputed to be a top 25 draft pick and seems to get his hands on the footy at the coalface.. .Wiley couldn't do any worse I guess.....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Freezin.

v EP 5 years 11 months ago #147096

• Dwert
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 280

Freezin wrote: EF being in the game still at quarter time this round, will be the key here for an improved performance....a couple of early EP goals might seea few EF heads drop me thinks.....EP are playing some good footy of late..... interesting enough in EF first 3 games, their first halves were EF stronger plus areas, enabling all 3 contests to be close exc Iiting contests....the writing on the wall was paramount heading into the second quarter of both recent shellackings....no fight, desire or nous shown by those on and off the footy field to get back into the contest.

Loersch in is a monty....sadly for Wiley, Loersch himself and most EF fans the 203 cm/100+ kg youngster with little or no senior footy, will be depended on to be successful from the off....never usually the case as most youngsters, especially coming back from injury and with limited senior exposure take a while game wise to find their feet.....one can only hope Loersch's mere physical presence will facilitate a simplified more direct game plan and bring others to the fore.... but as folk have rightly said EF mids need to step up early and get more inside 50s for the forwards to work from....

Thus does this mean young in and under mids like Harding and Holmes get a run this week?....Henson back from illness brings some experience I guess to the table....is Eardley ready or with the state game bye the following weekend Eardley, Kommer etc come back in for the WP game...not sure the state of play for LA....but for him to come back in, LA surely needs some more footy under his belt.....

...does Howson stay in and hopefully plays better not being EF number one tall target.....or is he reserves bound to find some goal scoring confidence?...Perham seems to be kicking a few of late....are Green, Kalajzic, Wynnes 1&2 likely candidates for demotion?....Cuneo and in up back over Holmes or Creasey?.....Does Nevill come in after his 5 goal performance in the reserves v SD....I guess with the reserves bottom like the league at 1/4....tho with no shellackings like the league, has Wiley got much to play with....

...sounds like Snuffy 2 will be back this weekend as well.....perhaps by the next derby, EF may have a side that on paper looks like the one Wiley recruited for at least.....10 first 22 players out injured hasn't helped EF cause so far....but then again injuries are part n parcel of footy and one is only good as their depth....Does O'Reilly come in?....perhaps young inside mid in Tom Joyce gets a look in....the kid is reputed to be a top 25 draft pick and seems to get his hands on the footy at the coalface.. .Wiley couldn't do any worse I guess.....

Tom Joyce needs a hip operation Freez terrible news for the young fella , it looks like he will not be available for the 18s carnival and much of the season...

Last edit: by Dwert.

v EP 5 years 11 months ago #147100

• Freezin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
bugger thanks dwert.....poor kid.....might impact on whether he gets drafted or not now.....would like to think not.....yeah did noticed he didn't play in the colts super round on the weekend.....thought it may have been an AFL concocted strategy to look at others within the EF set up......another injury to the list that appears to be well established at EF at present......

v EP 5 years 11 months ago #147182

• KCEF
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 111
I'd be surprised if Eardley or Kommer are back- think they were listed as multiple weeks missing last week.

Loersch as certainty but he isn't the messiah. I can't cop the injuries as an excuse. The effort hasn't been there and thats damning on the coaching staff. We can't keep tipping out the kids- the Senior players like Hampson, Marsh, Jupp need to lead the way with effort. Thats where they learn from. LA didn't play last weekend- not sure he comes in either.

EF injury list over the last 3 seasons has been significant. Is it just a case of bad luck?

v EP 5 years 11 months ago #147184

• Freezin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Eardley 1-2 weeks from last week, whilst Kommer was 2-4.....agree injuries are no excuse for the last 2 weeks lack of effort....tho the first 3 weeks EF were more than competitive, well in the game till the last.....I think EF would be mad to risk Eardley et al with the state game next week....hopefully by the WP game those two will be back.....the state game does hamper any match fitness LA would get tho.

TBH tho I think LA and JMac are on their last legs body wise, thus Wiley needs to get games into Harding, Holmes and Burton who all showed potential last year in games..... and even colts premiership boys in Jackson and Quill should be in the mix....

v EP 5 years 11 months ago #147185

• KCEF
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Yep,
The glory days of McNamara and LA are over. BoB was in the same boat. So to is Griffin. Marshall seems to be the only younger guy they've pumped a lot of games in to. Need to start getting 8-10 games (this season) into the guys you mentioned.

v EP 5 years 11 months ago #147237

• Freezin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Interesting line up Wiley has there for EP.......a couple more debutants perhaps?....has Wiley swung the axe or has injury done the culling for him?

Last edit: by Freezin.

v EP 5 years 11 months ago #147275

• South4theflag
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 24
So if you cop another flogging this week is Wiley still safe?

v EP 5 years 11 months ago #147284

• Freezin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

South4theflag wrote: So if you cop another flogging this week is Wiley still safe?

Thanks for your concern mate.....what will be will be....don't think EF fans have much say in the matter.....

v EP 5 years 11 months ago #147286

• KCEF
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I'd say so. In all honesty, we'll cop a flogging on Sunday. Just want to see the boys have a dip

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 451 guests and 2 members online

• Mr AFL
  • Blackduck

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977