Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Derby on Sunday 6 years 1 day ago #146363

• Stand the Test
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 318
Any attitude probs evident by which i mean are players trying hard. Not stirring, i wouldn't know and looked ok beating us. Am interested in views of those watching closely.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Derby on Sunday 6 years 1 day ago #146364

• Ti Em
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 250

Observer wrote: Agree with a lot of your comments Ti Em. Smashed in contested ball all game and the centre clearance stat must have been as horrific as the rest. Do we have the right mix of inside and outside mids, we have plenty outside but they are not that quick across the ground. We seem to play a possession style game but don't have the skill level to execute it. A total of 305 disposals for 19 F50 entries and South 369 disposals for 71 entries. Slow and indirect ball movement has been a constant for seasons now. Kommer was a loss around the contest, Jansen tries hard inside as does Schofield but Marsh may have to get on ball more often as not sure we have a lot of others that can win enough inside ball.

By 3 quarter time I50's were 14 or 15 to about 50 (maybe more). In the 3rd quarter we did not make 1 tackle in our forward 50.

Derby on Sunday 6 years 1 day ago #146368

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553
I think you missed a couple ST. Hams did his usual throwing back the head a couple of times. Thought he was still training with the Eagles.
What annoyed me was the turnovers...kicking straight to them from a free kick - no pressure on the kick, so how do you do that??? Their hand skills on a prick of a day were much better than ours.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Derby on Sunday 6 years 1 day ago #146370

• TheRock
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 36
I posted this on the Clar v EF thread last week.

Some worrying trends in both the league & reserves team so far this season.
Numbers below show +/- possession and inside 50s counts against each team.

EF v Peel - League
Possessions
Inside 50s
Lost by 2 goals.

Reserves
Possessions
+59
Inside 50s
Lost by 8 goals

EF v Perth - League
Possessions
+46
Inside 50s
Won by 1 goal.

Reserves
Possessions
+53
Inside 50s
Won by 1 goal.

EF v Claremont - League
Possessions
+33
Inside 50s
Lost by 1 goal.

Reserves
Possessions
+80
Inside 50s
+4
Lost by 1 goal.
_________________________________________________________________________________________
To add to the above from today:-

League
At half time:-
Possessions
Inside 50s
Full time:-
Possessions
Inside 50s
Got smashed!!!

Reserves
Possessions
+56
Insdie 50s
Lost by 3 goals

Something not right!!!
Our game plan starting with the reserves is seriously flawed.
The league were still in it at half time but continue to lack confidence with skill and direction.

Derby on Sunday 6 years 1 day ago #146373

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
From those stats I'd suggest you're winning the ball around the ground, possibly over possessing when you have it but your transition from the back half to get it inside 50 ain't great....that is the responsibility of your mids...so that's where I would start if I was Wiley....efficiency through the midfield and forward defensive pressure by your front half to keep it locked in.

Derby on Sunday 6 years 1 day ago #146383

• Shark Tragic
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 11

Ti Em wrote: I think there will only be a few changes because who can you really bring in and what will it change? Ben Harding might come in or Jesse Wynne, Joseph Hebiton. This alone will change nada. The 22 have to step up collectively and start putting in 4 quarters not 2 and a half. It is not fair to blame Jupp or Winton for todays hiding. Who would want to be a sharks defender on a day like today? Forwards generally get the ball when mid fielders give it to them.

It’s got nothing to do with the Sharks forwards, backs, trainers or coaching staff. It’s got everything to do with awareness, confidence to attack that ball and mark the thing when it’s there served on a plate. Winton just lacks confidence to mark the ball although he marked a couple late when game was lost, Juppy just lacks the football nous which I honestly thought he had. I accept certain outcomes when forwards and mids don’t do their bit, but their continual mistakes was solely their doing. Personally, it’s time to give some ressies back men a go as they can’t do any worse than that garbage.

Derby on Sunday 6 years 1 day ago #146389

• Ti Em
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 250

Shark Tragic wrote:

Ti Em wrote: I think there will only be a few changes because who can you really bring in and what will it change? Ben Harding might come in or Jesse Wynne, Joseph Hebiton. This alone will change nada. The 22 have to step up collectively and start putting in 4 quarters not 2 and a half. It is not fair to blame Jupp or Winton for todays hiding. Who would want to be a sharks defender on a day like today? Forwards generally get the ball when mid fielders give it to them.

It’s got nothing to do with the Sharks forwards, backs, trainers or coaching staff. It’s got everything to do with awareness, confidence to attack that ball and mark the thing when it’s there served on a plate. Winton just lacks confidence to mark the ball although he marked a couple late when game was lost, Juppy just lacks the football nous which I honestly thought he had. I accept certain outcomes when forwards and mids don’t do their bit, but their continual mistakes was solely their doing. Personally, it’s time to give some ressies back men a go as they can’t do any worse than that garbage.

Souths had 70 I50's today so it was a hard day for our defenders.Honestly could not tell you who were our best today. Did notice the WAFL website has listed 4 "best" for us and Jupp was one of them for what it is worth, and Winton has taken 7 marks not that it helps much. In a uncontested situation no one should be dropping marks. In a contested situation Jupp And Winton as defenders should just punch. Barring injury both will play next week.

Derby on Sunday 6 years 1 day ago #146395

• ooollllrrrrrry2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 207
Will be keeping an eye out for some value when Sportsbet put out the odds on WAFL games next weekend.

Derby on Sunday 6 years 19 hours ago #146425

• KCEF
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 111
That was embarrassing. Uncompetitive and spineless. It would've been just as bad as last year if the Dogs had kicked straight. This after a recruiting spree. Hampson is a joke. The first thing I'd be doing is getting some players into the team that can either: Kick or Run. What is Dion Anthony doing in that side???

Whats Wiley's record?? 13-31??

Last edit: by KCEF.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 294 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020