Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Derby on Sunday 6 years 1 week ago #145895

• Freezin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
With all the apparent doom and gloom of the WAFL decline, lets hope this Sundays derby is a good game......be great to pull in a decent crowd and EF provides SF with a decent contest. Definitely need a win, though good to see the side being competitive after last years misery......

One would think Bristow will come in to add some height not only in the ruck but in EF forward line.....not sure the extent of Hampsons calf injury, but definitely needed if EF are going to push for victory. Would like to think the likes of Winton, Marsh and Jupp can negate SF quality forward line of Shaw, Saunders and Johnson....thru the mids should be a great battle between Eardley, Jansen, Snadden v Hockey, Schloithe and Hams.....thank god Tim Kelly aint in there.....he definitely cut EF up last time.....great to have Griffen to compete v Higgins....need to find some goals from somewhere though....SF have a quality defence with Wilson and Picket up there.....need some goals from Howson, Ryan to have his kicking boots on and Perham and Fletcher to keep their goalkicking boots on.....

Who goes out from the Cl game?.....How did Wynne go?.... are Holmes, JMac or Kalajzic in line for the chop? Can't see LA playing first up in the league if fit?.....definitely need Hampson fit......the reserves came home like a tornado, only to fall a goal short......great to see the colts get a win, Cl historically are a class outfit at the colts level.....great to see the team win, esp since O'Reilly was out.....16 yr old state boys in Ruscoe, Rivers, McGuire and Sharp seem to be playing some good footy.....the first three are all 193cm plus too....Joyce seems to be a class mid.....whilst not sure what Brennan is doing with EF 2017 colts premiership ruck in Nic Watson....doesn't seem to be rucking at all......also missing talented colts forward in Collard too.....injured or left?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Freezin.

Derby on Sunday 6 years 1 week ago #145903

• Ti Em
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 250
Bit unlucky on the weekend - pretty college boys do not like their hair getting messed up so plenty of goals from frees for Claremont to keep them in the game and of course a helping hand or two in the final minute just for good measure. Have i gotten over it yet? nearly.

I think Russell Wynne showed enough to suggest he has a place at this level - though i suspect he will be dropped. Strong case for dropping both Carl Green and Ambrose Ryan because they were pretty poor.

I think Jmac is doing quite well. I would play him entirely in the forward line because i think he brings good physicality with his determination and strength.

Kalajzic played well but i would give him a run up forward and replace him with Cuneo down back who provides more height (and run too).

Big Red has to come back in to provide support for Griffin and to allow Perham to play full forward. Howson to CHF. With support in the forward line hopefully from Georgie, Jmac, Fletcher, Kalajsic perhaps moving forward. Maybe it is time for Corey Holmes, Jesse Wynne or Frazer Daly to come up from the ressies to have a run forward.

Ben Harding made a strong case for coming straight back into the league team. It was a bit harsh to drop him for the Claremont game. He is a good kid and did the right thing by getting plenty of the pill in the 2's.

Tom Omodei is another who is knocking on the door of a league spot.

For mine our small forwards let us down against the college boys. Really our peripheral players need to start stepping up and helping the likes Eardley, Hampson, Kommer, Marsh, Jupp, Winton, Schofield, and Griffin who always deliver when they actually do get on the park.

If we can string four quarters of footy together on Sunday we are a chance in my honest opinion and hopefully Henson and Marsh will lay a tackle or two this weekend.

Last edit: by Ti Em.

Derby on Sunday 6 years 1 week ago #146179

• Ti Em
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Anyone know why Nick Kommer is an out for the big Derby on Sunday?

Derby on Sunday 6 years 1 week ago #146180

• Freezin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Pity Kommer won't be playing considering the anticipated rain....he is not on the injury list for EF....good to see LA and Loersch listed in the reserves.....surely Hampson won't be risked if it's wet?.....

Derby on Sunday 6 years 1 week ago #146182

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357
Apparently Kommer had a good game last week. Not sure why he's an Out for the derby?
Not unless he had a training mishap and hurt himself during the week?
He's not lining up in the Reserves either.

Derby on Sunday 6 years 1 week ago #146195

• TheRock
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 36
Kommer has a fractured eye socket apparently.

Derby on Sunday 6 years 6 days ago #146205

• Freezin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Bugger....probably a month there...

Derby on Sunday 6 years 6 days ago #146227

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553
If we put in a game like we played in the first half against the brylcream boys, we'll be in with a chance. But if we give the dogs a third quarter, goodnight Irene. Pity about Kommer, we'll need some mongrel this week.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Derby on Sunday 6 years 6 days ago #146229

• Ti Em
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Noticed the mighty blue and whites are favourites in the betting. I would of thought the bulk of the money would be on souths not us.

Derby on Sunday 6 years 6 days ago #146230

• Roman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 149

Ti Em wrote: Noticed the mighty blue and whites are favourites in the betting. I would of thought the bulk of the money would be on souths not us.

The market has flipped around now. I think It will be a single digit margin either way. It's a 50-50 game.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 267 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• AbrahamErype
  • whatoma
  • ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric