Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

VALE TONY CASSERLY 6 years 1 month ago #143533

• Winger
  • Winger's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 135
I copied this article off the Central Districts Site

It is with deep sadness that the Club mourns the passing of former Club Coach and Captain Tony Casserly.
Tony had been suffering ill health over recent times and he unfortunately passed away on Tuesday morning, 6th March 2018. Recruited from East Fremantle Football Club in Western Australia in 1970, Tony was a tough hard running and abundantly skilled ruck-rover who had a profound effect on football at Central District and the SANFL. I think it would be prudent to detail Tony’s illustrious career. Debut at 16 years of age in League Football with East Fremantle Football Club in the WAFL and played 152 League games.
Played in their 1965 Premiership side and was in their best players.
Represented Western Australia on 10 occasions.
Recruited to Central District in 1970.
Played 101 League games for 60 goals between 1970 and 1975
Member of the victorious 1971, First Semi Final team.
Coached CDFC League side between 1972 – 1975
His fast running and handball game got Centrals to within a whisker of the 1972 Grand Final
1972 – 1974 League Captain
Represented South Australia in 1974
Played in the first match at AAMI Stadium – AND had the first touch, a tap out!

Tony not only became an integral part of Central District Football Club, but also an integral part of the Elizabeth Community, he and good friend Barry Mitchell from Western Australia operated a delicatessen in the Elizabeth South Shopping Centre and then ventured into Real Estate, setting up Casserly and Mitchell Real Estate.
Tony worked in that business up until a couple of years ago when he sold the business to our current Coach, Roy Laird.The Club would convey its deepest sympathy to wife Ann and family and to his four children in Natasha, Justin, Nathan and Vashti and their families.Tony will be remembered as one of the Club’s great players.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

VALE TONY CASSERLY 6 years 1 month ago #143534

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
Cheers Winger.... obviously before my time as an EF fan, but from the sounds of it Casserly had a big impact at both clubs.....no mean effort playing 250 odd games of elite footy..... condolences to the family.

Last edit: by Freezin.

VALE TONY CASSERLY 6 years 1 month ago #143541

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553
How sad to see him go. I remember as a school kid, I had the whole Old Easts team written on my classroom rule. Tony was one of my favourite players. I’ve got one of those old Mobil photo cards of him. This is now a treasure. RIP Tony.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 420 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977